Sj bargh milk tankers

Hi anyone ever worked for these?

What is the company like to work for? Hours/shifts ideas?

Thanks

I worked for them quite a few years ago. Decent company, decent motors. At the time, the only shift pattern available was 6 on 2 off with an occasional 3 days off for WTD (tramping). Same truck but did get used on your days off. But I would think there’s different shifts available now.

I used to work out of Endon in Stoke, but they have several sites. Hope that helps

Yeah I believe they have the 5/3, 5/3 then 5/2 or you can do 6/2

Been working at barghes since January 2022. It’s a very decent job actually :slight_smile:

grumpybum:
I worked for them quite a few years ago. Decent company, decent motors. At the time, the only shift pattern available was 6 on 2 off with an occasional 3 days off for WTD (tramping). Same truck but did get used on your days off. But I would think there’s different shifts available now.

I used to work out of Endon in Stoke, but they have several sites. Hope that helps

Who in their right mind would want to do a 6 on 2 off shift ?

Suedehead:

grumpybum:

Who in their right mind would want to do a 6 on 2 off shift ?

Someone who needs the money?

Sj bargh do the following shifts…

• 4 on 4 off
  • 5 on 3 off / 5 on 2 off
  • 5 on 3 off
  • 6 on 2 off
  • Casual 0 hour contract

For company reviews use Glassdoor.

I work for Bassetts which is a company they own, when I’ve been to the bargh site in Stoke-on-Trent, a couple of the drivers also work on domestic hrs. 6-2 or 2-10.

Mostly tag axel scania 450s in the yard

NoTime4Tea:
I work for Bassetts which is a company they own, when I’ve been to the bargh site in Stoke-on-Trent, a couple of the drivers also work on domestic hrs. 6-2 or 2-10.

Mostly tag axel scania 450s in the yard

I been working there now since January 2022.
The farm collect run 32T scania 8 wheelers 4/4 gearbox manual with a rear steer tag axle.

The drivers who do 6 on 2 off there are from a previous contract they used be on. The usual shift pattern is 5 on 3 off/5 on 2 off or casual contract. The usual start times are between 4am and 7am. Some runs are done within 8 hours which is bonus. The money is a daily rate of £123 per shift which is for upto 10.5 hours. You get paid for the full shift even if you worked under 10.5 hours on the day. Overtime is £13 an over I think on top of the 10.5 hours daily rate.

The management and office staff at Stoke farm collect depot are brilliant and willing to help out when you ask.

When I was on farm collect before moving onto the reload side, I used to start 6am and be done between 2pm till 6pm depending on the run I was on.

TruckerYaser:
The farm collect run 32T scania 8 wheelers 4/4 gearbox manual with a rear steer tag axle.

The drivers who do 6 on 2 off there are from a previous contract they used be on. The usual shift pattern is 5 on 3 off/5 on 2 off or casual contract. The usual start times are between 4am and 7am. Some runs are done within 8 hours which is bonus. The money is a daily rate of £123 per shift which is for upto 10.5 hours. You get paid for the full shift even if you worked under 10.5 hours on the day. Overtime is £13 an over I think on top of the 10.5 hours daily rate.

The management and office staff at Stoke farm collect depot are brilliant and willing to help out when you ask.

When I was on farm collect before moving onto the reload side, I used to start 6am and be done between 2pm till 6pm depending on the run I was on.

If you are happy working there then that’s all that matters from your point of view, but it sounds pretty crap apart from that.

£123 a shift, assuming you do on or around your 10.5 hours is £11.70 an hour, let’s assume you have a long day and get a couple of hours OT at £13, that bumps it up to a whopping £11.90 an hour, then factor in you are working a lot of weekends for that rate and its not good. Out of interest how often are you done in 8 hours or under as you mention?

And 6 on 2 off is a terrible rota for any money but especially what you get paid.

TruckerYaser:
[, I used to start 6am and be done between 2pm till 6pm depending on the run I was on.

10.5 HR shift for £123? [emoji15]

tmcassett:

TruckerYaser:

Out of interest how often are you done in 8 hours or under as you mention?

Hi, most of the days I was done within 10 hours. The job is easy and is on my door step so it was worth it for me. I was always walking to work which took me 5 minutes.

TruckerYaser:
Hi, most of the days I was done within 10 hours. The job is easy and is on my door step so it was worth it for me. I was always walking to work which took me 5 minutes.

For £123 a shift I’m afraid I’d be wanting to do a maximum of 7-8 hours a day and never more.

Day shift pay and salary are 95% of the time paid that way as it benefits the employer and not the employee.

tmcassett:

TruckerYaser:

For £123 a shift I’m afraid I’d be wanting to do a maximum of 7-8 hours a day and never more.

Day shift pay and salary are 95% of the time paid that way as it benefits the employer and not the employee.

What class 2 work do you do?