S J Bargh..

Hi, anyone on here work for them. Just curious as they are advertising on the web site for full time and
casual on milk tankers.
Any info on hours ect , never done tankers but done swinging meat.

Thanks…

I used to speak to a few at milk depot near chelmsford. Easy job trunking milk about most of them tramp, a couple of them do days tho. Not sure on the money side, about standard for the area was my only reply. But they all seem relaxed and happy. With milk you can run on gb rules not sure if these guys do I can’t remember. I prefer gb rules personally )

Don’t know if it means owt, but they advertise most weeks in our local paper The Sentinel.

My neighbours lad recently left Lomas’s and now drives for them. He runs daily from Ashbourne to Acton and seems OK with it, less money than Lomas’s though. He is on about moving to the farm collections as that is where the money is (he says).

Pete.

windrush:
My neighbours lad recently left Lomas’s and now drives for them. He runs daily from Ashbourne to Acton and seems OK with it, less money than Lomas’s though. He is on about moving to the farm collections as that is where the money is (he says).

Pete.

sj bargh deliver 3 or 4 times a day to our yard, got talking to one guy just before xmas and from what he said the money on farm collections is pretty ■■■■ think it was around 400ish a week. he was saying its a bit of a nightmare too collecting from tight farm yards in pitch black. the day i was talking too him he’d taken out a gate and wall leaving one farm and burst a tyre and damaged a wheel and mudguard.

Thanks for the replies…Not looking to going there yet but never say never as the saying goes, but again thanks for the comments…

windrush:

Pete.

How is Gilly!

dowahdiddyman:
How is Gilly!

Still just as ugly! :slight_smile: He seems to be doing OK when I spoke with him on tuesday, moved flats recently and reckons Bargh is a decent job as he is home every night at least. As I said, the money is less but still far more than I ever had per week haha! I think that the truck is double shifted, Mark does days and another lad does the same trip at night. Just drives the thing, others clean the tank out etc, so an easy job apart from early starts (around 3.am from his home) and then hitting London around the rush hour!

Pete.