S j bargh

Hi, does anyone work or In the passed worked for sj bargh? Just wondering how they are to work for on the milk tankers? Such as pay, shift patterns, daily hours, do they offer induction training for new starters? Any info would be great thanks

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=153971&p=2462134&hilit=S+j+bargh#p2462134

Thanks helpfull post that, I’m looking at rigid farm collection rather than artics, so if anyone’s got any other info about the above that’d be great too thanks

Not don Bargh but have done Arla which is a similar thing. Silly o’clock in the morning starts, 10-12hr shifts covering 7 days a week.

I looked into artic work with them about a year ago. Seems like a decent job and good company as long you don’t mind going past unsuitable for HGV signs or into weight limits and single track lanes (more so on the rigids as well) The main reason I didn’t go for it or explore it more was the shift patterns do mean you end up doing a fair bit of weekend work. Well over 50%, which at the time just didn’t suit me.

Arrgghh, stop, the memories!
My Uncle Chris would scoop me up, put me on his shoulders, then shout to the family that we were going out for the day.
Bit of a shock to me as I was 28 at the time :open_mouth:
Nah, I was 6, 1963.

Off we´d go in his little Bargh´s tanker, collecting milk from the farms up on the moors around Lancaster.
EDIT: No, wasn´t a tanker. A couple of minutes of thought and I remember the clanking churns as they were loaded on.
Jeez. Happy days. Thanks for the memories :slight_smile:

They bought Bassetts of Tittensor in 2016,anyone know how they are getting on with it?