6 on 2 off

Is anybody on this shift pattern or know of it,is it mostly weekends or varied?

i would imagine its a rolling week so yeah a fair few weekends also i might be wrong but would it not fall out of bed around week 9 or 10 where wtd is concerned ? tacho will no more about that

dirty hands:
Is anybody on this shift pattern or know of it,is it mostly weekends or varied?

sounds like the milk job for S. J. Bargh ? thought they where changing the shift patterns

I think it works out 6 full working weekends 1 full weekend off and 2 splits ie a sat off and then a sun off

An agency bloke at my place does it, says it suits him down to the ground, always gets 2 days off, none of this 5 and 6 guff, also gets a bit of overtime/Saturday/Sunday rate, suppose it helps his nephew runs the agency like lol.

NewLad:
An agency bloke at my place does it, says it suits him down to the ground, always gets 2 days off, none of this 5 and 6 guff, also gets a bit of overtime/Saturday/Sunday rate, suppose it helps his nephew runs the agency like lol.

mines just changed

1 off 4 o 2 off 3 on 2 off 3 on 2 off 5 on 2 off 3 on 2 off… works out sound for me

With a 6 on 2 of shift pattern it will eventually end up with one fixed week not having a weekly rest which can be used for it

Member tachograph has a nice picture showing how this happens somewhere

Yeah it is the s j bargh job been offered the job today just a bit unsure how it pans out?

With a regular 6 on 2 off work pattern you would need to change the shift pattern or have an extra day off around week 10.

I did a post about it here

Having said that, the description in that post does not take into account bank holidays which would have an affect on the work pattern.

Ask them if you can do the new 5 on 3 off 5 on two off shift pattern if that suits you better. That week when you’re short of the weekly rest period on 6 on 2 you get 3 off to make you compliant.
Hth

dirty hands:
Yeah it is the s j bargh job been offered the job today just a bit unsure how it pans out?

there always looking for drivers because of the way they run there shift patterns

So from what I’m figuring I’d do six weekends on the trot then get a sat/sun off then two splits then six weekends back on,what about this percentage of profit off each load delivered?

6 on 2 off.

Otherwise known as the ‘What life have I now?’ shift… :stuck_out_tongue:

I worked this shift system for W M Armstrongs doing the milk and would not recommend it.
I was out tramping and had no life as you hardly had a weekend to yourself and had to work Christmas day and New years day for (cannot remember the exact ammount) an extra £1 odd an hour.
It is not much fun sitting in a layby on Christmas day on your own with all the shops closed and empty knowing your boss will be sat down enjoying there Christmas dinner.
You also loose about a day every six weeks which meens you are loosing about ten days pay a year on top of the insulting pay you receive for doing the job.
I am off the tankers now and noticed they have a high turnover of drivers.
What over job has you working these days for less than £10 an hour?

Work 6 weekends on the trot■■? No thank you. I got funny last year when my boss asked me to work a Saturday. Told him I had worked a saturday 10 months ago so I was not due for one yet!!! N

bristolron:
Work 6 weekends on the trot■■? No thank you.

+1, sounds like a real zb shift pattern to me…

Sod that the weekends are my time unless it’s a juicy run with plenty of miles

I’m not going to go for it,thought it was a good job had the big interview with three people asking questions then the big two hour assessment doing the whole couple/uncouple,walk round check,reversing it all over the shop in a manual 3 over 3 scanny,flipping 30 page Highway Code/eu law test and after all that the jobs s**t,pretty fed up :frowning: