Job n knock.

Well what a refreshing change it is, changed jobs to go on a van multidrop job with tachograph fitted as its 5T loaded, with about 13 drops give or take.

It’s for a food company delivering to care homes, pubs , and cafe’s, pay ain’t great but when worked out average actual hours you do , I reckon 33hrs a week I do, but payed 40 minimum and start at 7am and latest I’ve worked till was 3.30.

No hassle and same routes.

I’m getting to like being home for 13.00 /13.30.

Remember folks…TIME! Something which you can never get back.

Sent from my SM-T976B using Tapatalk

I’m not far off retiring from doing 12 - 14 hours every night trunking. This is the sort of job I’d be looking for!!

rearaxle:

Is the secret…

Knowing all your drops, how to get really close to the door, what time they have tea etc. It all makes a huge difference to your finish time.

Good to know there’s a happy driver in the country. :smiley:

rearaxle:
Well what a refreshing change it is, changed jobs to go on a van multidrop job with tachograph fitted as its 5T loaded, with about 13 drops give or take.

It’s for a food company delivering to care homes, pubs , and cafe’s, pay ain’t great but when worked out average actual hours you do , I reckon 33hrs a week I do, but payed 40 minimum and start at 7am and latest I’ve worked till was 3.30.

I’m getting to like being home for 13.00 /13.30.

Remember folks…TIME! Something which you can never get back.

Sent from my SM-T976B using Tapatalk

Sounds good mate.
If you can afford to live on it,.can’t fault you.
Too many fall into the ‘‘hours trap’’,.and find out that there is more to life than that sort of crap when it’s too late.
Even though I’ve voluntarily cut my hours down., I’m still doing just over the 50…how many jobs are there where you REDUCE your hours to 50 a week? :unamused:
Increase to 50 maybe,…reduce not so many.

I’ve heard it all before , no doubt getting back with mins to spare , but I’m sure there a few on here who are daft enough to believe you
Anyhow how is your back / knees standing up those stairs carrying boxes of god knows what
My mate does that type of work for brakes & hasn’t a good word to say about the work

My hours have been increasing steadily over the last couple of months,and tbh I’ve given up trying to make them understand that I don’t want to spend all my life at work.
Think I’ll jack in on the 1st April,then look for summat else,in the autumn.

Its what keeps me where i am, yes sometimes things go wrong and you get long days, that’s transport in a nutshell, but overall the hours still work out around 43 per week.

A mate has cut his hours by changing jobs and and got a big hourly rate increase into the bargain, he’s earning more now for a 48 hour week than he was for 65/70, only downside is 2am starts which would kill me but he always was an early bird back when we worked together, i’m chuffed to buggery for him, he was too bloody good for the unappreciative arses he stuck with for the past 8 years.

commonrail:
My hours have been increasing steadily over the last couple of months,and tbh I’ve given up trying to make them understand that I don’t want to spend all my life at work.
Think I’ll jack in on the 1st April,then look for summat else,in the autumn.

That’s the main reason I do agency. I had the chance of a job at Howdens this year and didn’t take it. Partly because parity pay meant that we now earned the same but the biggest reason being that I lose all control over when I work and I’d be back to 50+hrs a week which I don’t want. I’ve been doing between 35-40hrs a week for some time now and that suits me fine. If I do want more then I can bang another night in without having to work the weekend.

Depending where you are I’d probably not even leave it til April. The post Xmas lull hasn’t happened for 3 years now, especially if you’re competent and apparently all you need to do to be that is have some common sense, not bend the motor, get the load to where it’s going looking something like it did when it set off and manage to get from A to B - it’s quite sad how low the bar is to be considered good.

Agency,is one option I’ve been considering.

Job and knock is one of our big perks at this time of year another is Christmas tips :wink:

To be fair it isn’t the typical multi drop job ( yet ? ).
It all looks a lot different if/when it’s 40 drops +.
They’ll still call it ‘job and finish’ which just means they will only pay a max of 8 hours for 14 hours worth of work and how fast you want to do it is up to you.
IE Job and finish means nothing without a contractual workload limit defining the ‘13 drops’ and without it could just as easily mean unpaid overtime in their favour.

I’m on job and knock.
£600 pw 7.5 tonner.
Mom - fri, 5am start, latest I finish is 3pm, and that is a late finish for me.
50% regular drops/pick ups.
Sometimes finish at 11-12 midday.

I’m happy.

rambo19:
I’m on job and knock.
£600 pw 7.5 tonner.

I’m happy.

just out of interest mate how long have you had this job…?

I did 10.5 hours today and that will probably be the longest shift I work this week. Normally it’s 7-8 hours. Of course I don’t earn the big money and I understand that some folk need to and fair play to them but what I do suits me.

Job ‘n’ knock - probably works best with a round you are very familar with, and a salary rather than an hourly rate…

If you’re on an hourly rate however, there’s the risk that after a few months of making an hour or more every day on your run - you’ll be expected to work a day off for free “to make up your hours, lest you be dismissed for booking fraud”…

14 again for me.
Thanks to a 5 hour 20 min tip at Sainsbury Stoke.

Mother ■■■■■■■

I’m on job and knock in my current job and tbh If I worked more than 7 hours a night I’d start worrying lol. 4 nights a week gets me £600 gross so not a fortune but hours suit me so I’m happy. I’ve done the 70 hour weeks in the past and have no intention of going back to them. I’m lucky were money isn’t my main priority nowadays

the fub:
I’m on job and knock in my current job and tbh If I worked more than 7 hours a night I’d start worrying lol. 4 nights a week gets me £600 gross so not a fortune but hours suit me so I’m happy. I’ve done the 70 hour weeks in the past and have no intention of going back to them. I’m lucky were money isn’t my main priority nowadays

Good for you. :slight_smile:

Come next April, those choosing to under-play earnings “Down” to £500 a week takehome - will not regret it, with the incoming tax rises and all.

It will be those doing the 5/6/5/6 patterns for 40k+ that’ll feel the pinch…

m.a.n rules:

rambo19:
I’m on job and knock.
£600 pw 7.5 tonner.

I’m happy.

just out of interest mate how long have you had this job…?

4 years, but not on the same money as now.