Taco help

Good afternoon need advice I started @ 8 this morning and got to delivery point and was told that I am due to tip @ 22.00 could I take a 9hr break and deliver and continue with working and be finished @ 01.30 is this possible to do thanks

Wow! That’s a bit of a ■■■■ take. Is this a common occurrence? Not sure I’d wanna hang around for that long.

If you get a full 9 hours rest in then you can start a new shift at 22:00 and theoretically work a 13/15 hour shift, as long as you have available reduced rests to take

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Yes, you can do that.

Legal? Yes. Book off, do NO work, go for a walk, meal, sleep a bit, but NO work at all. Turn works off phone etc, don`t talk to anyone about work.
Looking for a new employer is not counted as work and might be a good use of your free time?

If I was being paid all through (08hr00 to 01hr30) at Sunday rates, and was finished at 01hr30 at home? Could be worse.

If only paid for two half days? Dunno so much.

Paid minimum of 8hrs at Sunday rates for first shift? Plus 8hrs at Sunday rates for second shift? Plus night out money.
I`ll swap with you. :smiley:

Imma…

Guess the company you drive for is called Slam.

Right? :smiley:

Phone traffic office, if they can’t get it sorted take load back. Sod sitting there taking unplanned daily rest for 9hrs with no night out gear or sufficient food because of either traffic office planning screw up or delivery location being tossers.

Conor:
Phone traffic office, if they can’t get it sorted take load back. Sod sitting there taking unplanned daily rest for 9hrs with no night out gear or sufficient food because of either traffic office planning screw up or delivery location being tossers.

Depends on the contract of employment doesn`t it?

If employed as a day driver only, yep, take it back.
If employed as a …whatever, whenever, driver…it`s a night-out. ( even if it is daylight :smiley: )

I could be wrong but I think truckerger may be an owner driver, so telling the traffic office to sort it out could be a bigger problem than having to wait nine hours to get tipped :smiley: :wink:

tachograph:
I could be wrong but I think truckerger may be an owner driver, so telling the traffic office to sort it out could be a bigger problem than having to wait nine hours to get tipped :smiley: :wink:

In that case if an owner driver then they should know it’s legal to have 9 hours off if a reduced rest is available and then start a new 24 hour period.

Sent from my CPH2173 using Tapatalk

simcor:

tachograph:

In that case if an owner driver then they should know it’s legal to have 9 hours off if a rescued rest is available and then start a new 24 hour period.

I am not a owner driver office messed up on times I am on day rate so I am getting 2 days pay and nite out bloody pain

simcor:

tachograph:

In that case if an owner driver then they should know it’s legal to have 9 hours off if a rescued rest is available and then start a new 24 hour period.

Agreed !!

Gotta love autocorrect I am certain I typed reduced rest not rescued rest. [emoji23]