Common sense at last

biggriffin:

Winseer:
Think of how much the supply driver’s job would now improve - if one got to stay in cab, and therefore also able to take breaks on bays, etc… forever i.e no rolling back to the bad old system

• Sitting down in the cooler for 2-3 hours with all the other hairy-arsed… People in there, sharing one’s germs, not being able to book a proper break due to lack of amenities, and then needing to take a proper break on the service road, getting moaned at etc etc

If you’ve got your wagon on a bay, IMMOBILIZED ffs - then what was EVER the danger of “sitting in your cab”, even on the passenger side, as is common practice these days?

…If it’s H&S you’re worried about, I’d like to see an end to this practice of close-aligned bays, where shunters routinely back a trailer when you’re visibly down the side, or on the catwalk.

They’ve noted you there, but are in this rush-rush-rush hurry presumably, that they cannot wait a few moments for you to emerge from the side of the truck, having just immobilized it, dropped legs, etc…

Are full time shunters some kind of “failed driver” rank where those who’ve lost their licences go to be “put out to pasture” or something?

I’ve just seen a Shunter at Costco honking and fist waving, at a truck driving at 10mph, because said Shunter was trying to overtake him, and ran out of yard…

Shunters would mess their pants driving an artic on real roads with the car muppets
P/s I bet site limit was 10 mph [emoji6][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from goodness knows where