Tesco Livingston

Been a while since I delivered there so can anybody give a quick rundown of the new procedure to get in with the touchscreen etc. Thanks

McPlod:
Been a while since I delivered there so can anybody give a quick rundown of the new procedure to get in with the touchscreen etc. Thanks

Follow the instructions as they come up, reg, ref. number, no. of pallets etc, the screen will tell you which bay to go on, put your bay number and reg into the little screen next to the black boxes in the waiting hole and watch the screen till your line flashes green.

Thanks very much

TheUncaringCowboy:

McPlod:

Follow the instructions as they come up, reg, ref. number, no. of pallets etc, the screen will tell you which bay to go on, put your bay number and reg into the little screen next to the black boxes in the waiting hole and watch the screen till your line flashes green.

Same for Reading as well :wink:

So they trust you to put I all those details but they don’t trust u to sit in your cab and not drive off before the green light.
Waiting room please :cry:

red7jase:
So they trust you to put I all those details but they don’t trust u to sit in your cab and not drive off before the green light.
Waiting room please :cry:

They do trust people who will do that because they know that people like that and who do that don’t have a brain and if there life depending on it they would not get a job picking up dog ■■■■ on the street
Its like follow the leader or do as everyone else is doing
It could be described as people who dont have a bit of respect for themselves
IE treated like ■■■■, made sit in a room with no facilities, taking there keys,
Is it not ringing a bell with people,
As i always say we professional drivers need dopes like this to fill the gaps
And there are plenty about it just gets worse
Whats next

Then watch for the DVSA to come in, take a few reg numbers from the screen of people that are almost tipped…

Then they’ll pull in front of you just as you pull off the bay to close your doors, check you tacho and see you’ve taken a break while being tipped, even though you HAVE NOT interfered with the load… :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

blue estate:

TheUncaringCowboy:

McPlod:

Same for Reading as well :wink:

And Goole. And Lichfield. And Teesport. And so on and so on …

Goldfinger:
Then watch for the DVSA to come in, take a few reg numbers from the screen of people that are almost tipped…

Then they’ll pull in front of you just as you pull off the bay to close your doors, check you tacho and see you’ve taken a break while being tipped, even though you HAVE NOT interfered with the load… :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

Wat a load of RDC plastic chair Boll###s.

biggriffin:

Goldfinger:

100%.

Often spewed by those who have no interaction with the scum yet seem utterly terrified of them.

Goldfinger:

Won’t happen.

rob22888:

Goldfinger:

Won’t happen.

Lidl on the other hand!!! nothing like 2 hours with DVSA to while away the time waiting for your paperwork :imp: :imp:

Had the pleasure of the touch screen comedy a few weeks back, typed the number in, number not recognised pressed the intercom for assistance and told to try a different method this didn’t work either.

Common sense prevailed and the barrier lifted I made my way to the office to be told to go back out join the back of the queue and try a different number 30 minutes after I arrived back at my own depot I was allowed through the gate, Brilliant and I was on overtime.

Another time I got through all the questions until the one which involves dropping the trailer which requires permission from the office as they have to allocate a bay with the salvo system fitted, so I pressed the button for the intercom which was broken, Epic.

The Spanish truck drivers were most helpful by shouting words of encouragement, muévete idiota inglés several times.

Just be aware that the ANPR at the gate (when it works) sometimes reads a letter O as a a number zero so if the black box in the waiting room doesn’t recognise your registration number ( e.g. PO67 WTF) then that’s probably why. Just try again changing the letter to a number.

TheUncaringCowboy:

biggriffin:

Goldfinger:

100%.

Often spewed by those who have no interaction with the scum yet seem utterly terrified of them.

This actually happened to my opposite driver 2 weeks ago. Hence why I posted it…

DVSA officer went off it with him for having a 61 minute ‘break’ while waiting to be tipped…

Goldfinger:

TheUncaringCowboy:

biggriffin:

Goldfinger:

100%.

This actually happened to my opposite driver 2 weeks ago. Hence why I posted it…

DVSA officer went off it with him for having a 61 minute ‘break’ while waiting to be tipped…

Did he, aye?

So nothing happened other than the clown going “off it”? Ooh, terrifying. :unamused:

I dont get the issue (if theres one I’ve not noticed…) with showing break whilst on a bay at some such RDC where you’re contained in a seating area, with drinks available etc no matter how crap it is. Ultimately you’re doing nothing work related…

At a Lidl/Aldi yeah fair enough, other work is needed, but what is being sat on your backside in a waiting room drinking coffee with your head buried in your phone if it isn’t to be shown as break?

Goldfinger:

I’d love to see that one escalate to court;

Magistrate; “So why is Mr Bloggs appearing here today?”

DVSA man; "Well, Mr Bloggs was observed for at least 61 minutes sat in a chair drinking coffee and alternately watching homes under the hammer and reading a newspaper. He was also observed chatting to a few other drivers. We don’t consider this to be time spent recuperating "

Magistrate; “get out!”

the maoster:

Goldfinger:

I’d love to see that one escalate to court;

Magistrate; “So why is Mr Bloggs appearing here today?”

DVSA man; "Well, Mr Bloggs was observed for at least 61 minutes sat in a chair drinking coffee and alternately watching homes under the hammer and reading a newspaper. He was also observed chatting to a few other drivers. We don’t consider this to be time spent recuperating "

Magistrate; “get out!”

Be fair. That sounds much more stressful than cruising down a motorway on cruise control, relaxing on a comfy seat, in a temp controlled quiet cab, and paying attention to nowt. Isn’t that what so many do?

Good point ^^^^ well made :smiley: