Question help I need your advice

Hi everyone, I have a question and I hope you can help with this.

In a 12 h shif let say from 6 am to 6 pm

1st period of 6h work done 45 minutes break

2nd period work 2 h work and then 2h break

I know the break it does not count as working time, but my question is

How long I can continue working? 2h more to finish at 6pm because after that I hit 12h shift or I can carry on until make 14h with no break before 4,5h driving because I already have done 2h break?

I’m really confused
I know the rest before 6 hours of work
I know the rest between 6-9h of work
and all the breaks, but I get confused after 6 hours of work with the first rest done, the 9 hours of work rules apply here?

please I look forward to hearing from you with you all advise. please

JJtruck:

How long I can continue working? 2h more to finish at 6pm because after that I hit 12h shift or I can carry on until make 14h with no break before 4,5h driving because I already have done 2h break?
For a 12 hour shift you would not need another break unless you needed a driving break.

In fact as you’ve been at work for 10 hours 45 minutes at the end of the second break there’s no way you could need another WTD break on a single manned journey even if you did a 15 hour shift.

I’m really confused
There is no such rule as the amount of break you need between 6 and 9 hours.

and all the breaks, but I get confused after 6 hours of work with the first rest done, the 9 hours of work rules apply here?
What “9 hours of work rule” :confused:

For the WTD you need to start a break of 15 minutes or more before going over 6 hours working time, you then need another 15 minute break before doing more than 6 hours working time from the end of the last break.

In any shift of more than 9 hours working time you need a total of 45 minutes break.

JJtruck:

I’m really confused

You can work till 21.00. Presuming you haven’t used 3 reduced daily rests, so it’s 15 h. Its simple, from your last brake you can go another 6 h without one.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk