Rob takes politics seriously for once

Just thought I’d pander to the armchair politicians on here after alwats taking a flippant stance on most political threads and generally taking the ■■■■ to annoy them :smiley: , and not taking stuff too seriously…which is just my nature btw :blush: …sorry and all that to those I regularly offend. :laughing:

I’ve even been regularly accused of being a raging Tory ffs :laughing: after always berating the Labour Party and showing a sympathetic view to our mate Boris, (which tbh is only because I tend to like ‘off the wall’ type people, and maverick fly by the seat of your pants characters in all walks if life …told you I was flippant :smiley: , maybe even bordering on shallow. :smiley: )
Favouring Boris especially in comparison to the staid and beige characters we are all used to in British politics, (Jacob Rees Mogg for example…wtf is that guy all about ? he looks as if he’s just arrived from the 1930s …)
…‘‘Boris brings the funk’’ in other words, whether you love him or hate him :bulb: … but hey, he’s gone now, thanks to the Covid fanatics who didn’t like him having a few beers (or a 1959 vitage Chardonnay )with his mates , when the silent majority didn’t give a ■■■■.
(Based on my liking for characters I should have loved Jeremy Corbin but for Christ’s sake that guy was a step too far even for me. :open_mouth: )

What I’m trying to say is personalities go a long way to how people vote, I KNOW it shouldn’t but that is how people are, that is why in the past Michael Foot and William Hague never got in to power in their respective general elections., or Brown the Clown who was only PM by default only,.and did not last long at all afterwards …sound familiar today?

So…I don’t think for a second that Liz will get a second term, the Tories are only in power for the reasons I have pointed out about Boris popularity proven by areas like Workington and other steady and traditional staunch Labour strongholds changing allegiance at this only time…imo fact. :bulb:

So that brings us to the (we’ve lost our way/forgot our roots) Labour Party,… does Starmer ,.a knight of the realm and ex QC, come across as a guy who can empathise with the working class,.and kick into touch the pc policies and priorities that are stopping guys lik me voting for them (who’s grandfather was a fanatical union man and Labour party voter,)
Issues like the Police now being social workers,.and dancing around diverse racial and ■■■■■■ orientation issues rather than adopting instead Jack Regan style policing.

The NHS becoming a great institution again instead of how the Tories have it… , making it ineffiecient in terms of GP appointments for example, to give you a push and encourage you toward the alternative and more lucrative private sector as an agenda.

Here’s one for you…What about Angela Rayner, does she not have most in common with all or .most of ‘‘us’’ on here ?
,.I admit I don’t know too much about her so I’ve googled her before commenting in a Carryfast stylee :laughing:

Apparentlly she used to bang on about ‘shoot terrorists first ask questions later’’ and ‘‘break down the doors of known criminals’’. …sounds ok to me,.although I ain’t got a didgery on her EU//Brexit viewpoint, but MPs have a penchant for changing opinion when it suits em. :unamused:

She came from a poor working class family who’s mother could not read or write, she left school pregnant at 16, she’s known hardship, she’s basically ‘seen life’, so would she not be the next ‘off the wall pm’ only this time without the usual Eton/Ox Cam Cam privelidge background?
She would may go on to make a complete arse of the job who knows…but could she do any ■■■■ worse than Blair, Brown, and the like.

What are your views?

And can I take this opportunity to apologise for this long winded (some may say boring :smiley: ) Winseeresque post. :blush: :laughing:

I dedicate this o/p to my mate Franglais btw. :smiley: :wink: …I’m confident he’ll have an opinion especially when the words., Johnson/covid/brexit hit his radar.

IMO if labour wants a fighting chance at the next election then Angela Rayner needs to be the leader

At the moment I think any govt is going borrow heavily so we will at some point experience another spell of austerity to pay it back

ROG:
IMO if labour wants a fighting chance at the next election then Angela Rayner needs to be the leader

Yep a fighting chance as you say.
The offence taken by the stuffy and way out of touch Establishment, and the ‘Tory intelligentsia’ because of what they will see as ‘A working class oik’ in power being a threat to them and their well being, should be enough in it’s self reason to vote for her. :smiling_imp: :smiley:

Rayner has little in common with Johnson or Truss.
She says what what means, and means what she says.

Starmer is a Knight, yes. He was knighted for his own work, not the work of his ancestors.
Son of a tool-maker and a nurse.
(The work he did while Johnson was telling lies in newspapers, and moaning that £250,000 salary wasn`t enough)

Boring? Depends on your point of view, and what you want in a PM?
I favour PMs being like surgeons, or bank-managers. I couldn`t give a toss whether or not they are fun in the pub, I want them to be safe, honest, and reliable.

Franglais:

Starmer is a Knight, yes. He was knighted for his own work, not the work of his ancestors.
(The work he did while Johnson was telling lies in newspapers, and moaning that £250,000 salary wasn`t enough)

I favour PMs being like surgeons, or bank-managers. I couldn`t give a toss whether or not they are fun in the pub, I want them to be safe, honest, and reliable.

Angela Rayner by any stretch is not your stereotypical bank manager , surgeon…(or PM for that matter if you want to take it further) , even though she has more life experience in common with the class she originates from, aka their target voters. :bulb:
So I’m assuming you reckon she would not be up to the job according to your criteria for it.?

As for your qualities of a good PM…

Safe? Ok

Reliable?..yeh I’ll go with that.

But a ‘‘Honest politician’’ ? :laughing: :laughing:
C’mon not even you who tends to take the official line as gospel actually and naively believes there is such an animal. :unamused:

robroy:

Franglais:

Angela Rayner by any stretch is not your stereotypical bank manager , surgeon…(or PM for that matter if you want to take it further) , even though she has more life experience in common with the class she originates from, aka their target voters. :bulb:
So I’m assuming you reckon she would not be up to the job according to your criteria for it.?

Safe? Ok

C’mon not even you who tends to take the official line as gospel actually and naively believes there is such an animal. :unamused:

Franglais:
Rayner …

That looks pretty honest to me. Not like those who change their rhetoric every time the wind shifts.

Why is Rayner not like a surgeon or bank manager?
C`mon, which bit of your neanderthal brain objects to that? :smiley:

The stuff you repeat about “all politicos being only in it for themselves” is partly the smoke-screen set up by the media to deflect attention away from the sins of their “chosen ones”. Just say crap to avoid admitting that Johnson has been a lying, cheating, disgrace as a representative of this country.
When Thatcher and Major had trouble inside the party they sacked the culprits: Johnson ignored advice, and changed rules to keep on wrong-doers.

Has everybody forgotten that Rayner called anybody who voted Tory “scum”. She’s your typical “chip on the shoulder” class war ,left wing harpie. Not for me, thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GOG47:
Has everybody forgotten that Rayner called anybody who voted Tory “scum”. She’s your typical “chip on the shoulder” class war ,left wing harpie. Not for me, thanks

Not true.

She called Conservative ministers “a bunch of scum” and described the prime minister as a “racist, homophobic misogynist”.

Nothing to do with those who voted for them.
Normally sensible, rational, people are sometimes fooled or mislead.

Franglais:

robroy:

Franglais:

Safe? Ok

Franglais:
Rayner …

That looks pretty honest to me. Not like those who change their rhetoric every time the wind shifts.

Why is Rayner not like a surgeon or bank manager?
C`mon, which bit of your neanderthal brain objects to that? :smiley:

The stuff you repeat about “all politicos being only in it for themselves” is partly the smoke-screen set up by the media to deflect attention away from the sins of their “chosen ones”. Just say crap to avoid admitting that Johnson has been a lying, cheating, disgrace as a representative of this country.
When Thatcher and Major had trouble inside the party they sacked the culprits: Johnson ignored advice, and changed rules to keep on wrong-doers.

The word I used was ‘stereotypical’ how many people would think that she could pass off as a surgeon, how many people think that a typical surgeon, or even bank manager has the same image, demeanour or vibe as her.
I ain’t saying there are no surgeons who speak with a broad working class or Northern accent, or who share her upbringing…but hey, you already knew what I mean now didn’t you.

I don’t think I’m in a minorit of people who consider politicians are mostly in it for themselves, or economical with the truth, but as I said if you want to believe that all politicians are honourable paragons of virtue, then crack on, .and if you do actually think that your target of obsessive hate is the only MP or PM to tell lies, you’re even more deluded than I thought you were.

robroy:
The word I used was ‘stereotypical’ how many people would think that she could pass off as a surgeon, how many people think that a typical surgeon, or even bank manager has the same image, demeanour or vibe as her.
I ain’t saying there are no surgeons who speak with a broad working class or Northern accent, or who share her upbringing…but hey, you already knew what I mean now didn’t you.

I don’t think I’m in a minorit of people who consider politicians are mostly in it for themselves, or economical with the truth, but as I said if you want to believe that all politicians are honourable paragons of virtue, then crack on, .and if you do actually think that your target of obsessive hate is the only MP or PM to tell lies, you’re even more deluded than I thought you were.

Nowhere did I say that all politicians were in any way paragons. That is a “straw man” argument.
You said

robroy:
But a ‘‘Honest politician’’ ? :smiley: :smiley:

Inferring that none existed…and, you have previously repeated the media lies that they are all the same.
They arent. That is a lie sold you by those who couldnt deny Johnson`s lies, so sought to dilute them by claiming he was no worse than others.

robroy:

Nope. I`ve no idea what you really meant.
At least what you will admit to thinking. :smiley:

Franglais:

GOG47:

Not true.

She called Conservative ministers “a bunch of scum” and described the prime minister as a “racist, homophobic misogynist”.

C’mon, the inference was there

GOG47:

Franglais:

GOG47:

Not true.

C’mon, the inference was there

Really?
Well, if you want to take offence at what hasn`t been said, carry on.
It makes a change from the explicit lies of Johnson!

Franglais:
They arent. That is a lie sold you by those who couldnt deny Johnson`s lies,

Errrr.they are, and it isn’t.
Nobody has ‘‘sold me’’ any ■■■■■■■ thing mate, or ever will.
I keep telling you, I ain’t like you, I draw my OWN conclusions and opinions on things, not just readily believe and comply with everything I am told.
Nor is said judgement clouded,.based on nor influenced by an obsession with a subject, or a hatred of an individual.

robroy:

Franglais:

I keep telling you, I ain’t like you, I draw my OWN conclusions and opinions on things, not just readily believe and comply with everything I am told.
Nor is said judgement clouded,.based on nor influenced by an obsession with a subject, or a hatred of an individual.

Do you have some source of unbiased information?
Are you a truly unbiased observer? Influenced by no-one, nor by past personal experiences?

If you dont, and arent, you are in the same situation as the rest of us: trying to make sense of less than perfect info, and trying to overcome our own prejudices.
But some of us are aware enough not to kid ourselves about our own infallibility.

“Hatred of an individual”?
A phrase you have used before.

Franglais:

robroy:

Franglais:

Are you a truly unbiased observer? Influenced by no-one, nor by past personal experiences?

If you dont, and arent, you are in the same situation as the rest of us: trying to make sense of less than perfect info, and trying to overcome our own prejudices.
But some of us are aware enough not to kid ourselves about our own infallibility.

Yep, but mostly in posts replying to you when you invariably go off on one about Boris Johnson at every opportunity in order to manage and vent your anger.

robroy:

Franglais:

robroy:

Franglais:

Yep, but mostly in posts replying to you when you invariably go off on one about Boris Johnson at every opportunity in order to manage and vent your anger.

Merely your own uninformed and biased opinion, based on what you read from an anonymous individual on the internet.
I don`t need to “vent my anger”, as you "remotely diagnose it.
I find politics a fascinating subject. I enjoy posting about it, nothing to do with whatever the self appointed psychoanalyst Dr Rob says.

And I don`t hate Johnson.

I have posted several times about his lying, deceit, and general incompetence.
If you have come to the conclusion that he is indeed worthy of being hated, (based upon those facts which you haven`t disputed) that is again your own opinion, not mine.

Franglais:
And I don’t hate Johnston .

:open_mouth: Well you certainly fooled me then. :smiley:

robroy:

Franglais:

Not a very exclusive club to be a member of it seems.

:smiley:

Franglais:

robroy:

Franglais:

Not a very exclusive club to be a member of it seems.

:smiley:

As Eric once said to Ernie…‘‘Ok,.I’ll keep setting you up, you keep getting the laughs’’. :smiley:

ROG:

At the moment I think any govt is going borrow heavily so we will at some point experience another spell of austerity to pay it back

It’s the 1970s repeating itself.A no hoper LibLabCon uniparty flogging off our oil and gas resources to pander to foreign interests and banks thereby kicking off economic meltdown at home.Added to the foreign aid bill and ongoing BRINO contributions.Next stop the IMF for a bail out.Except now they’ve all got the ‘climate crisis’ as an excuse to screw the country