Dominic Cummings

Seven hours of my life I will never get back , it was advertised as only four hours but ended up in being seven hours long with only half an hour for pee and coffee breaks and a few naughty swear words from a MP and DC himself, as Davina Mcoll used to say : You are live on television and do not swear .
He seemed very plausible and credible to me and obviously an intelligent man .

Sour grapes and axe to grind self entitled ■■■■■■■ just needs to join the Labour Party to finish himself off.

IMO He has no where to go, Regards Larry.

What if a member of a criminal gang were to testify against the boss? They would be a nasty person themselves, but would we ignore their testimony? Shouldn’t we listen to someone in the room?
■■■■■■■■ is not a pleasant person, he might not be saying a word if he was still in post, but that doesn’t mean what he says is lies.
Sour grapes from a knob, it may well be, but that doesn’t stop it being true, and doesn’t mean it should be ignored.

Who cares what was said because all that matters is what was done

Franglais:
What if a member of a criminal gang were to testify against the boss? They would be a nasty person themselves, but would we ignore their testimony? Shouldn’t we listen to someone in the room?
■■■■■■■■ is not a pleasant person, he might not be saying a word if he was still in post, but that doesn’t mean what he says is lies.
Sour grapes from a knob, it may well be, but that doesn’t stop it being true, and doesn’t mean it should be ignored.

I agree but I did not see much evidence yesterday to back up his allegations. But that would have made his testimony much more useful.

But I also agree with ■■■■■■■■ that the PM and his entourage are, generally speaking, not fit for the jobs they hold. But I did not need to work alongside them for months to reach that conclusion.

EDIT: PS-I also noted that the few people he spoke highly of are not elected members of Parliament.

What DC said has to be backed up by documentation and email evidence of who said what to whom and possibly he may have recorded conversations which could lead to potential criminal manslaughter charges for the PM and Hancock.
They allowed Cheltenham races to go ahead and Bath half marathon due to economic reasons, no borders shut down in case the Chinese accused them of being racist.While all this was going on , those in charge were skiing.

Dipster:

Franglais:

I agree but I did not see much evidence yesterday to back up his allegations. But that would have made his testimony much more useful.

But I also agree with ■■■■■■■■ that the PM and his entourage are, generally speaking, not fit for the jobs they hold. But I did not need to work alongside them for months to reach that conclusion.

EDIT: PS-I also noted that the few people he spoke highly of are not elected members of Parliament.

For all his (many) faults, I doubt he will tell lies. How much evidence is there to back up reported conversation? Dunno?
There is no good outcome for Johnson on this, either ■■■■■■■■ is telling the truth, or he is telling lies, and Johnson chosen stood by, a liar as his close advisor.
But, will any of that alter Johnson’s standing?
The late Tony Banks MP on another member talking of the way some would get votes by wearing the correct rosette:
“Living proof that a pig’s bladder on a stick can get elected”.
Johnson is good at winning votes, elections and referendums. Very good…
Pity he’s not the same running a competent Government.

Well if what DC Is saying is true why didnt he speak up when he was advising Boris what to do ? Regards Larry.

Lawrence Dunbar:
Well if what DC Is saying is true why didnt he speak up when he was advising Boris what to do ? Regards Larry.

No one is saying that ■■■■■■■■ is a man of honour, who would resign his position of power, if he saw owt going wrong.
People like that are few, unfortunately.
Recent ones though:
Alex Allen. Resigned as Johnson’s ethics advisor when his advice was ignored.
Baron Young of Cookham. Re Johnson’s illegally prorogued Parliament.

Franglais:

Lawrence Dunbar:

No one is saying that ■■■■■■■■ is a man of honour, who would resign his position of power, if he saw owt going wrong.
Recent ones though:

And my friend Craig Murray. Check it out. Telling the truth can be dangerous for the individual.

Dipster:

Franglais:

Lawrence Dunbar:

Recent ones though:

And my friend Craig Murray. Check it out. Telling the truth can be dangerous for the individual.

Don’t you see some…individuals… around and wonder how they stay in post despite their shortcomings?
Is it they know “where the bodies are buried”?
Given the number of incompetents extant there must be a huge undiscovered cemetary out there somewhere.

Will DC be able to get a job flipping burgers at McDonald’s after blowing his whistle?

If what I read is correct DC has been allowed Parliamentary Privilege and is not under oath so he can say what he likes without any comeback. We will probably never know the truth !!

Does anyone else get the impression he could be locked up in Fenwick’s all night and still not get dressed smartly.

Tyneside

What about the official secrets act , is he allowed to divulge National security information?

Tarmaceater:
What about the official secrets act , is he allowed to divulge National security information?

Not sure if he is bound by the Official Secrets Act,

Apparently an individuals actions can come under the Official Secrets Act without him / her actually signing said Act as long as their Employment Contract specifies their actions may be covered by the Act.

‘Parliamentary privilege is controversial because of its potential for abuse; a member can use privilege to make damaging allegations that would ordinarily be discouraged by defamation laws, whether or not those allegations have a strong foundation. A member could, even more seriously, undermine national security and/or the safety of an ongoing military or covert operation or undermine relations with a foreign state by releasing sensitive military or diplomatic information’

TBH a law degree would be useful to get your head round this scenario, I’ve only got two O levels !!!

Tyneside

Tarmaceater:

Did he sign it?

Government employees are asked to-it is a condition of employment. But then knowing this mob perhaps he was employed by an offshore company to avoid tax and NI that provided his services! I believe this was common at the BBC some years ago. Perhaps Boris felt he needed DC’s wisdom so much he accommodated his mate in this way. Who knows? And whatever they say I am not sure I would believe them…

From the Cabinet Office 2016 - Code of Conduct - Special Advisers

In order to enable special advisers to work effectively, departments should allocate
civil servants to provide support of a non-political nature. Special advisers are able to give
direction to such civil servants in relation to their day-to-day work for them, and their views
should be sought as an input to performance appraisals on the basis that these are written by
other civil servants. However, special advisers should not be involved in the line
management of civil servants or in matters affecting a civil servant’s career such as
recruitment, promotion, reward and discipline, or have access to personnel files of civil
servants.
7. Special advisers are not entitled to have access to sensitive, security or intelligence
reports unless cleared to the appropriate level. Subject to this exception and the one
mentioned above in relation to personnel files, special advisers may, at the discretion of their
appointing Minister, have access to all papers submitted to Ministers, subject to the
convention on access to papers of a previous Administration.
Status and conduct
8. Special advisers are temporary civil servants appointed in accordance with Part 1 of
the Constitutional Reform and Governance Act 2010. Special advisers are bound by the
standards of integrity and honesty required of all civil servants as set out in the Civil Service
Code. However, they are exempt from the general requirement that civil servants should be
appointed on merit and behave with impartiality and objectivity, or that they need to retain the
confidence of future governments of a different political complexion. They are otherwise
required to conduct themselves in accordance with the Civil Service Code, attached at Annex

5 minutes ago he was the most hated man in the land, now some of you want to give him one, make yer bleedin minds up.

Wot do i think of the ■■■■■■■■ farce? i wouldn’t give a tuppeny ■■■■ for any of them, fake tory fake labour or any of the assorted also rans, there’s not more than a handful could lie straight in bed and i wouldn’t trust any of them to tell me the time let alone waste a single second watching reading or listening to the ■■■■■■■■ that rolls from their forked tongues.

Juddian:
i wouldn’t give a tuppeny ■■■■ for any of them, fake tory fake labour or any of the assorted also rans, there’s not more than a handful could lie straight in bed and i wouldn’t trust any of them to tell me the time let alone waste a single second watching reading or listening to the ■■■■■■■■ that rolls from their forked tongues.

^ This.
Yep left the door open to a Chinese lab made chimera to appease the Commies including the ones within.That was the responsibilty of the PM and the military Chiefs.

Then they stopped us going to the pub that fixed everything.