Your not heroes

Some of what she says is true.
But at the end of the day her opinion is irrelevant,as I go to work for money…not pats on the back.

commonrail:
Some of what she says is true.
But at the end of the day her opinion is irrelevant,as I go to work for money…not pats on the back.

This ^^^^

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

I would never accept praise that I am a “hero”.

I feel very fortunate at the moment that I am still going out to work everyday pulling in a full wage in a pretty secure job, but that wage is all I am doing it for. I am off all this bank holiday weekend as per my contracted hours, some lads at my place are working their days off but only for the cash incentive like they would if overtime was offered at any other time. We are just doing our jobs. Same as the people working in the factories that make the stuff we haul.

It’s hardly the same as the health service staff doing unpaid overtime / volunteering / coming out of retirement etc. for the cause. Any retired truckers out there considering getting back behind the wheel to deliver some gear to supermarket RDCs■■? … Nope, didn’t think so. Nor would I.

Lorry drivers are under appreciated but we are not bloody heroes. :unamused:

rob22888:
I would never accept praise that I am a “hero”.

I feel very fortunate at the moment that I am still going out to work everyday pulling in a full wage in a pretty secure job, but that wage is all I am doing it for. I am off all this bank holiday weekend as per my contracted hours, some lads at my place are working their days off but only for the cash incentive like they would if overtime was offered at any other time. We are just doing our jobs. Same as the people working in the factories that make the stuff we haul.

It’s hardly the same as the health service staff doing unpaid overtime / volunteering / coming out of retirement etc. for the cause. Any retired truckers out there considering getting back behind the wheel to deliver some gear to supermarket RDCs■■? … Nope, didn’t think so. Nor would I.

Lorry drivers are under appreciated but we are not bloody heroes. :unamused:

Exactly. :wink:

I saw that post on F/B and i answered with a way that usually get me a months ban…sadly not this time though :smiley: and although she made some valid points i didnt agree 100% obviously. I would always support the majority of truckers and agree with most, the word some of them use during this crisis like Hero cannot be compared to a squaddie who had his legs blown off by a mine, whilst rescuing his injured colleague in Iraq or Afghanistan…theres a hero, so stop using that word…do the job as best as you can in the hours you have and with safety at all times, dont join the ranks of drivers who beguile this once great industry.

truckyboy:
I would always support the majority of truckers and agree with most, the word some of them use during this crisis like Hero cannot be compared to a squaddie who had his legs blown off by a mine, whilst rescuing his injured colleague in Iraq or Afghanistan…theres a hero, so stop using that word…do the job as best as you can in the hours you have and with safety at all times, dont join the ranks of drivers who beguile this once great industry.

A man who talks sense.

[zb] Facebook [emoji35]

probably a life long subscriber to the brigade of morons that live on a wide tree lined avenue yet have a 7.5 weight limit unless of course your delivering their over priced rubbish to them. If you really want to impress me with your wealth and general self importance go do what Dianne Abbot did and have your road designated as pedestrian only unless of course you live there or having a delivery.

robroy:

truckyboy:
I would always support the majority of truckers and agree with most, the word some of them use during this crisis like Hero cannot be compared to a squaddie who had his legs blown off by a mine, whilst rescuing his injured colleague in Iraq or Afghanistan…theres a hero, so stop using that word…do the job as best as you can in the hours you have and with safety at all times, dont join the ranks of drivers who beguile this once great industry.

A man who talks sense.

yep, a word used flippantly, a bit like LEGENDS :wink:

Most doctors and nurses go to work to earn a living g, to pay the Bill’s, like we do. Very few go out there and do it for free, just to save lives…

Yes, they face more risks, but like us, they have a choice…

m.a.n rules:

robroy:

truckyboy:

A man who talks sense.

yep, a word used flippantly, a bit like LEGENDS :wink:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
oh go,oh god,oh god.
dont give the fannies any ideas for christ sake…
i can see the headline now.
HERO TRUCKING LEGEND RISKS COVID AND DELIVERS 26 TON OF LEMONADE INTO ALDI WITHOUT HANDLING THE RISK ASSESSMENT SHEET OR A SATNAV!!!

nomiS36:
[zb] Facebook [emoji35]

I’ve done a full year without FB come August.

I think I get a badge for that at rehab session… :stuck_out_tongue:

Winseer:

nomiS36:
[zb] Facebook [emoji35]

I’ve done a full year without FB come August.

I think I get a badge for that at rehab session… :stuck_out_tongue:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
admitting to that is on a par with peter sutcliffe proclaiming he stopped killing prozzys 30 years ago and looking for a bigger badge… :smiley: