Heroes...

If a politician says it,it must be true [emoji23]

Those that are working to keep the country running in these testing times have always been the heroes, it’s just that the general public’s attitude has changed to an inconsiderate one over the years, they are now learning about who is really important in keeping our fine country going, and how unimportant some of there jobs and lives are in doing that.
Maybe people’s attitudes will change after this and they start to appreciate the people who help to keep them safe, well and fed.

weeto:
Those that are working to keep the country running in these testing times have always been the heroes, it’s just that the general public’s attitude has changed to an inconsiderate one over the years, they are now learning about who is really important in keeping our fine country going, and how unimportant some of there jobs and lives are in doing that.
Maybe people’s attitudes will change after this and they start to appreciate the people who help to keep them safe, well and fed.

I’m not going to hold my breath weeto…somebody might assume i have covid19 if i’m breathless :laughing:

When this is all over I’d like to see NHS staff except from income tax.

A petition for another time…

Dipper_Dave:

Yes DD they are the only true heroes in this however there are plenty others doing their normal jobs to keep the country moving but…

Yes NHS staff exempt from income tax would be a great gesture of thanks for their extremely hard work.

Cheers Jake, I’ll try planting the seed with those who have a popular internet presence.

All I can do is keep going till told to go home then can offer services elsewhere. Wife is working extra shifts in care home so I feel pretty unutilised at the moment but lots of trucks on roads is not a bad thing.

Dipper_Dave:

+1…

They can give them all free parking too on NHS sites. Imagine having to pay to park your car at work every day.

Shame on the Whitehall mandarins that allow this crap to continue.

Dipper_Dave:

Sorry but I have to disagree, I can’t think of a single reason why a highly paid hosptial manager should be exempt from paying income tax.

I do however think that people should be paid their worth, regardless of whether or not they’re an integral part of hospital management or doctors nurses hospital cleaners or porters, or the carers who are so under valued by those of us who are fortunate enough not to need their services.

yourhavingalarf:

Dipper_Dave:

+1…

They can give them all free parking too on NHS sites. Imagine having to pay to park your car at work every day.

Shame on the Whitehall mandarins that allow this crap to continue.

Why the Whitehall mandarin?
Why not not those above them? The politicians and the Government of the day?
Every election they promise how they will provide better funding for the NHS, “our jewel in the crown” etc. Do they?

tachograph:

Dipper_Dave:

Sorry but I have to disagree, I can’t think of a single reason why a highly paid hosptial manager should be exempt from paying income tax.

I do however think that people should be paid their worth, regardless of whether or not they’re an integral part of hospital management or doctors nurses hospital cleaners or porters, or the carers who are so under valued by those of us who are fortunate enough not to need their services.

Agreed.
Pay them the correct rate for their work, and there is no need to give an artificial boost via tac concessions.

mirror.co.uk/news/politics/ … r-21166985