You don't snow until you ask!

hotel magnum:
as already said switch off TC, ASR,

Well no. You should only start to fiddle with them after you’ve learned how the lorry behaves on slippery surfaces with and without the little helpers. No need for proper winter tyres or snowchains either, unless Great Britain broke off and floated itself somewhere between Greenland and Iceland :laughing:

no1 thing I recon is do not get to confident even on roads you know like the back of your hand ,sht happens in a flash on snowy icy roads, believe me its no fun sitting in a ditch :blush: :blush: in a blizzard at -30c on a backroad with no bgger around!

milodon:

hotel magnum:
as already said switch off TC, ASR,

Well no. You should only start to fiddle with them after you’ve learned how the lorry behaves on slippery surfaces with and without the little helpers. No need for proper winter tyres or snowchains either, unless Great Britain broke off and floated itself somewhere between Greenland and Iceland [emoji38]

You beat me to it, the last thing you want to happen is the wheels to start spinning, leave the TC/ASR alone unless you are stuck and trying to get moving again, even then it’s not always a good idea to turn them off.

Other than that, be smooth, never go from throttle to brake, or turning one way then the other without a bit of straight line in between, leave more room than you think you need from the vehicles in front and try to avoid stopping whenever possible.

Above all, drive within your comfort zone, do not be pressured into going faster by other drivers or the company.

Roymondo:
Not a lot of point “learning to use the gearbox in manual mode” when a significant number of fleet spec trucks these days don’t give you that option…

Interesting…I’ve not come across that so far.