Yorkie Bars.

truckerjon:
I bought 2 yorkies today, they were on special offer, they taste like crap!

I think most chocolate contains less cacao solids than it used to as a cost-cutting exercise, it seems to taste like lard nowadays.

Harry Monk:

madguy:

Harry Monk:
As some of you know, I give a virtual Yorkie Bar to any TruckNet member who passes the driving test.

Harry, i have to say i’m dissapionted, two tests and still no Yorkie !!! have i upset you■■?

Madguy :smiling_imp:

Mate, I am so sorry. I try to read as many posts as I can but it is inevitable that I miss some. I can only apologise and offer you these…

Thanks Harry, Am I part of the gang now■■?

Madguy :smiling_imp:

Harry Monk:

truckerjon:

I think most chocolate contains less cacao solids than it used to as a cost-cutting exercise, it seems to taste like lard nowadays.

Cocoa Butters are replaced by wonderfully named things like Ilexao, Extao and Shokao Harry. They either improve or replace cocoa and milk fat. Very expensive but a stable alternative. It actually looks like lard.

It is the EU who prevented us making chocolate the way we used to do, Terry’s, Cadbury, Rowntrees, Needlers, Bluebird

Harry Monk:

truckerjon:

True, even CDM tastes different, it even makes me feel a little sick, I still eat it though :wink: All I can say is "Bring back Frys 5 boys! :slight_smile:

andy187:
bit of a sad story for the actor

bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-15034881

A bit of a sad end for the advertising campaign too, although he went on to star in PICKS up a penguin.

Own Account Driver:
Been yuck since changed to Nestle like just about everything they make.

This ^ ^

renaultman:

Own Account Driver:
Been yuck since changed to Nestle like just about everything they make.

This ^ ^

Same with Penguin bars, they just haven’t been the same as when MacDonalds made them.

Wheel Nut:

andy187:
bit of a sad story for the actor

bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-15034881

A bit of a sad end for the advertising campaign too, although he went on to star in PICKS up a penguin.

Make a good advert a hard days trucking munch a yorkie bar go home and kill the wife.

Somewhat surprisingly I received a reply…

Dear Mr Harry Monk

Thank you very much for your email.

We were very pleased to learn that you are such a loyal consumer of Yorkie. We take great care to ensure that our products are of the highest quality and that they reach the public in first class condition. It is good to know that our efforts are appreciated.

We will be passing your comments to both the Marketing Team and our associates in the relevant Advertising Agency.

Thank you again for taking the trouble to contact us. We are grateful for the interest you have shown in our company.

To reply to this email or if you would like further information, please click here: econsumeraffairs.com/nestle … 003107204A

Yours sincerely

Tracey Scott
Contact Centre Officer
Consumer Services

So there you go. If you see the Yorkie trucker re-incarnated, you know why! :wink:

waynedl:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMDjLNxI9vE

Didn’t this guy drive a DAF 3300 to start with?

Harry Monk:
Somewhat surprisingly I received a reply…

Dear Mr Harry Monk

Thank you very much for your email.

We were very pleased to learn that you are such a loyal consumer of Yorkie. We take great care to ensure that our products are of the highest quality and that they reach the public in first class condition. It is good to know that our efforts are appreciated.

We will be passing your comments to both the Marketing Team and our associates in the relevant Advertising Agency.

Thank you again for taking the trouble to contact us. We are grateful for the interest you have shown in our company.

To reply to this email or if you would like further information, please click here: econsumeraffairs.com/nestle … 003107204A

Yours sincerely

Tracey Scott
Contact Centre Officer
Consumer Services

So there you go. If you see the Yorkie trucker re-incarnated, you know why! :wink:

Please don’t have him in a bloody Yank tank or a supermarket lorry.

It must be upto the standards of Astran or Kepstowe :stuck_out_tongue:

Maybe every truckers role model Mark Dixon can be the face of their new marketing campaign, I for one would definitely buy a chocolate bar that was in the shape of the UKs most famous and bestest trucker…just so I could bite the pricks head off!

sammy:
Maybe every truckers role model Mark Dixon can be the face of their new marketing campaign, I for one would definitely buy a chocolate bar that was in the shape of the UKs most famous and bestest trucker…just so I could bite the pricks head off!

Yuk… you want Mark Dixons prick head in your mouth. Keep those thoughts to your self :sunglasses:

mucker85:

Pat Hasler:
Talk about petty ! … by the way, Kinder eggs are banned natiowide :cry:

Ay? Why are you not allowed the ‘treat’ of crappy chocolate(ish) egg and a disappointing toy?

i think it’s something to do with kids trying to ingest a chocolate egg and a plastic glider in one mouthfull :unamused:

“Ice road Truckers - worlds most dangerous roads”

Sponsored by Yorkie!!

Well done HM. :grimacing:

Goaty:
“Ice road Truckers - worlds most dangerous roads”

Sponsored by Yorkie!!

Well done HM. :grimacing:

Really, is that true?

scaniason:
Ah, thank you very much. Just need the fireworks from DieselDave & Rog, and the Mexican wave from Jen and I’ll be well happy, and won’t need this expensive counselling anymore! :smiley: :smiley:

Gary

FTFY

can only appologise :wink: :wink:

by the way I feel really young coz I remember some other guy from the 70s advert , he was giving some girl the eye in a convertible not girls on pushbikes , i was still at lowerschool so looking at mid seventies :wink:

jx

Saw a new (i think) yorkie advert on tv tonight. It’s me to a tee. :smiley: and so true of most blokes i think.

NL52YFC, My old motor for a few years

Jennie:

scaniason:
Ah, thank you very much. Just need the fireworks from DieselDave & Rog, and the Mexican wave from Jen and I’ll be well happy, and won’t need this expensive counselling anymore! :smiley: :smiley:

Gary

FTFY

can only appologise :wink: :wink:

by the way I feel really young coz I remember some other guy from the 70s advert , he was giving some girl the eye in a convertible not girls on pushbikes , i was still at lowerschool so looking at mid seventies :wink:

jx

Thanks Jen!

I remember the one you’re talking about - wasn’t it a yellow DAF or something similar? I seem to remember there being a bridge involved as well…

Gary