DISCUSSION: Do you eat Yorkies, are you the stereotype?

Just wanted to get a convo going about how everyone feels about the assumptions that drivers are male, sexist, etc etc (we all know them!)
The more we talk the more things can change, there is a lack of respect and understanding that must change, its all about PERCEPTION.

I was so embarrassed when I was kid to admit that my dad was a driver and I don’t think I should feel like that anymore.

Let me know what you think!

Ciao!

Welcome stardoco :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

I love yorkies :smiley: - the chocolate bars and them from ‘up north’ - the dogs are a bit yappy though :unamused:

PS How long you been in this game :question: :question:

I don’t know any driver who eats Yorkie bars m8
Why were you ashamed of your dad? as a driver he kept this country and economy moving :sunglasses:

I am not a driver (yet) I have been doing loads of driving with my dad sitting in his cab and chewing the fat and we got talking about it all, so I found this forum and put it out there! I just think it is really unfair and I want to chat with people about how they feel about it all so things can change, change, change!

PS I love Yorkies too…

I was not and am not ashamed of him it was other people that made me be ashamed, I totally agree with you, I know that I shouldn’t have cared but I was a kid and that matters when you are a kid. People don’t get it and they should, thats what I’m trying to do, get something going!

My son was asked at school what his dad did for a living, he told them that I was a post op transexual & I worked as a Village People impersonator & in my spare time I was a stripper in a gay bar who performed extras for a fiver a time, the teacher was gobsmacked & asked him if that was true, my boy replied, no he’s a lorry driver really, but that’s embarrassing :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

stardoco:
I am not a driver (yet) I have been doing loads of driving with my dad sitting in his cab and chewing the fat and we got talking about it all, so I found this forum and put it out there! I just think it is really unfair and I want to chat with people about how they feel about it all so things can change, change, change!

PS I love Yorkies too…

So, how long till you are eligable to get your first LGV licence :question: :question:

Well here is a start then m8,

Everthing in every home was carried on a Truck .From the food in the cupboards to the Bricks in the walls and the Turf in the garden to the lawnmower used to trim the lawn you name it and we hauled it :sunglasses:

ROG:
So, how long till you are eligable to get your first LGV licence :question: :question:

Eh up, ROG is off touting for business!! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :wink:

I like Yorkies now and again. I prefer the ones with raisins in though. :smiley:

ROG, I am just doing the bonding with me pop at the moment, I do plan to do it but I am a teeny bit scared and I guess am enjoying being the co-pilot for the moment, I didn’t mention it but I am a lady too, and I think that makes me excited BUT apprehensive about getting involved with the roads! :confused:

stardoco:
I didn’t mention it but I am a lady too, and I think that makes me excited BUT apprehensive about getting involved with the roads! :confused:

Dont worry we will soon knock that out of you :stuck_out_tongue: We will have you cursing like a trooper and ordering butties in your sleep

Wheel Nut:

stardoco:
I didn’t mention it but I am a lady too, and I think that makes me excited BUT apprehensive about getting involved with the roads! :confused:

Dont worry we will soon knock that out of you :stuck_out_tongue: We will have you cursing like a trooper and ordering butties in your sleep

If you are all this funny then I am there!
Do I have to I need prior experience of cursing or does that come with time?
Any tips?

stardoco:

Wheel Nut:

stardoco:

If you are all this funny then I am there!
Do I have to I need prior experience of cursing or does that come with time?

20 minutes in an RDC waiting room and you will have had the ICC*

*Intensive Cursing Course. :wink: :stuck_out_tongue:

I don’t eat yorkies, I’m not rude and I’m not male.
I’m also not ashamed or embarrassed to admit to being a lorry driver.

More importantly, my kids aren’t ashamed to admit it either. In the words of my teenage daughter, me being a lorry driver rocks. (apparently that means good !)
If you’ve got the urge, so to speak, go for it. It’s not everybodys cup of tea, but you wont know, until you try.

I dont eat Yorkies, though I tried a Golden Labrador once :open_mouth:

stardoco:
ROG, I am just doing the bonding with me pop at the moment, I do plan to do it but I am a teeny bit scared and I guess am enjoying being the co-pilot for the moment, I didn’t mention it but I am a lady too, and I think that makes me excited BUT apprehensive about getting involved with the roads! :confused:

Do I gather that you are not yet a car driver :question: If you are or are not, there is a good game you can play whilst a co-pilot - Yell out any hazard before your pop does.

I used to play games when I was out with my dad, one was ‘how long can I sleep’ record was SE London to Glasgow in a Mandator, another was ‘how quick in the week can I spend the old mans £’ & my fave was ‘how dirty can I get while me dad did all the work’ much more fun than your games Rog :laughing:

ROG:

stardoco:

Do I gather that you are not yet a car driver :question: If you are or are not, there is a good game you can play whilst a co-pilot - Yell out any hazard before your pop does.

Yeah just trying to get me studies done and then I can hit the open road, thanks for the tip!

newmercman:
I used to play games when I was out with my dad, one was ‘how long can I sleep’ record was SE London to Glasgow in a Mandator, another was ‘how quick in the week can I spend the old mans £’ & my fave was ‘how dirty can I get while me dad did all the work’ much more fun than your games Rog :laughing:

Spot the Stobart got rid of a fair few hours when I was little!
And seeing how many different types of drinks I could wangle at the service station! (fizzy, still, milky, juice, hot chocolate, tea, energy etc…)

newmercman:

True :smiley: but my game can save lives :exclamation: :wink: