Would you take the truck back?

Ignore the maggots on here Mr beaver. You did good. Just down the road from me that culina. Swerve yeah?

biggriffin:
I’ve read the different reply’s, and had a think.
As a a professional, you should have completed your contracted work, returned to the depot, parked. Up, then gone into transport, and spoke to the manger( pointy shoes) who was in charge, and aired your concerns,or points and tried to resolve the issues, like a professional Adult.
Not throw a teenage hissy fit, and stomp off, because someone who has never driven a lgv questioned your ability.

Very good point mate. I should have listened to his/her complete ■■■■■■■■ about KPI’s and some other drivel about MPG.

And then I could have been subject to the patronising manner about how a load should have been secured. And then I could have listened to the turd being spouted about ’ company procedure ’ and how I must have to be ’ assessed for driver conformity ’ etc.

And by that time my tea would be in the dog and I would have been bored to death :unamused: Still, I would have had a £100 in my pocket though.( Whoopee :unamused: ). Have we got any views from any further brainwashed worms? :laughing:

Heisenberrg:

eagerbeaver:

peirre:
I would have explained to the monkey from the agency that my card is in the truck, I’ve been driving it today and I expect to be paid min 8hrs. As for the assessment, sure I’d go in for it on the day/time they want, but I want paying for my time while there, again if I’m doing that my card will be in the tachometer so I expect to be suitably paid.

I do however detect a little trolling

No trolling at all pal. If you don’t believe me, phone Culina at Port Salford 0161 786 7765. The wagon’s reg was DX15 KBZ.

Whoa…easy Tiger !..read Rule 1 of the forum rules…

WTF are you on about man? Assuming I have broken forum rules (which I haven’t), why are your tear ducts swelling? It’s an internet forum, it’s not important. If you break the rules you will not get bummed to death. Your Nectar card will not be revoked and you will not get cancer.
You strike me as a very fearful character. Learn to control your fear.

eagerbeaver:
Been limping over the last few weeks and today I did a shift for Culina, Port Salford. I actually did a shift for them on Saturday and some of the load went over and I was asked to return it to the depot.

Went back in yesterday and did 3 drops in the North East with no issues whatsoever. They asked me to come back in this morning (0700 start) which I did, 2 drops- Preston and Bolton. Set off for Preston and I was just approaching the drop (James Hall) when my personal phone rang, so I pulled into the services next door. It was my agency who said that Culina had rang them and noticed from the telematics that I had ’ speeded ’ on a number of occasions yesterday. As a result of a partially shot load on the Saturday and these ’ speeding ’ reports from yesterday’s telematics, they wanted me to do a ’ driving assessment ’ next week for them :unamused:

I asked the agency lad if it would be paid (not that I would demean myself by doing one anyway :grimacing: ), and he replied " No " :open_mouth:

So I explained that he should contact Culina and tell them that only slaves and prisoners should work for free. I then bought a paper, turned the wagon around, and drove it straight back down the motorway and parked it outside the security hut.

I handed the truck keys to the security lad and got in my car and came home for a nice cup of tea. So, what would you lot have done?

Would have done the same EB, demeaning to say the least that you need an assessment for an over speed, wtf is it coming to :unamused:
Anyway, thought you had permanent employ mate?

AndrewG:

eagerbeaver:
Been limping over the last few weeks and today I did a shift for Culina, Port Salford. I actually did a shift for them on Saturday and some of the load went over and I was asked to return it to the depot.

Went back in yesterday and did 3 drops in the North East with no issues whatsoever. They asked me to come back in this morning (0700 start) which I did, 2 drops- Preston and Bolton. Set off for Preston and I was just approaching the drop (James Hall) when my personal phone rang, so I pulled into the services next door. It was my agency who said that Culina had rang them and noticed from the telematics that I had ’ speeded ’ on a number of occasions yesterday. As a result of a partially shot load on the Saturday and these ’ speeding ’ reports from yesterday’s telematics, they wanted me to do a ’ driving assessment ’ next week for them :unamused:

I asked the agency lad if it would be paid (not that I would demean myself by doing one anyway :grimacing: ), and he replied " No " :open_mouth:

So I explained that he should contact Culina and tell them that only slaves and prisoners should work for free. I then bought a paper, turned the wagon around, and drove it straight back down the motorway and parked it outside the security hut.

I handed the truck keys to the security lad and got in my car and came home for a nice cup of tea. So, what would you lot have done?

Would have done the same EB, demeaning to say the least that you need an assessment for an over speed, wtf is it coming to :unamused:
Anyway, thought you had permanent employ mate?

I did mate, but I am a bit of a law unto myself and decided that I wasn’t interested in doing 60 hours plus, so I ’ made my views known ’ :wink:

Alot of folk on here take work to seriously, its a means to and end.
If you dont like it then tell them to f off in the worst way possible, they dont do you any favours so dont do them any, dumping a lorry with a full days work at the gate of warehouse it came from might make them think again.
Have some fun and pee off the crap employers like EB has done, plenty more work about.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Beev I have been viewing this forum for quite some time now and if I am not mistaken you have changed employers many times usually through disputes which is fine if that is what you choose.

However it does point to you having attitude problems rather than the companies.

Did you not pack up one job because you were asked to shunt for a shift?

Dr Damon:
Beev I have been viewing this forum for quite some time now and if I am not mistaken you have changed employers many times usually through disputes which is fine if that is what you choose.

However it does point to you having attitude problems rather than the companies.

Did you not pack up one job because you were asked to shunt for a shift?

Correct. Beaver doesn’t shunt.

bubsy06:
Alot of folk on here take work to seriously, its a means to and end.
If you dont like it then tell them to f off in the worst way possible, they dont do you any favours so dont do them any, dumping a lorry with a full days work at the gate of warehouse it came from might make them think again.
Have some fun and pee off the crap employers like EB has done, plenty more work about.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Here here it’s seems we will always have the people who don’t know any better
It’s a shame because drivers could make it a good job if they stuck to a few principles but its never going to happen
But as I have always said its good for drivers who are good at their job and get treated very well also well paid
We need people who don’t stick up for their basic rights it makes life good for the better drivers out there they get the cream
I have stopped advice to fellow drivers who i meet because you waste your time they don’t know any better

Did u make it to leeming bar mcd for a coffee?
God forbid you made it to Durham.

Jack-knife:
Did u make it to leeming bar mcd for a coffee?
God forbid you made it to Durham.

Considering today’s first drop was Preston and the second was Bolton, erm…no.

My bad just saw A1
No mcd on route no wonder you jacked.
Beaver the Limper :smiley:
Do you have mcd carrier bag? :smiley:

simcor:
Companies have to be seen to be compliant though by DVSA by having proof they take action as a responsible employer. Balderdash with some firms I agree. But they have to show they take it seriously. Whether we like it or not it will only get worse.

Ok, but my point was how will a driver (or all of their drivers for that matter) doing 53 mph affect their ‘O’ licence.
The legal limit is 60mph, and the set limit for a limiter is 56, so why would DVSA be even mildly interested in this case of the reason Beav got reprimanded.

harrawaffa:
Seems like you’ve spat the dummy because someone dared to think there may be room for improvement in your driving.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
total pish…
there a million crappy beancounting plobber jobs out there with or without the agency. if they had strapped it and loaded it right it would never have moved,and overspeeds count for nothing .nothing for o licence operators or vosa for the driver.its only the fannys in the office to bleat on about to smack your wrists…good man anyway.no loss as far as work goes. :slight_smile:

I would have carried on with my day, and sorted it out when I got back. Why were they bothering you when you were on shift? Nothing that couldn’t have waited until you got back.

If there was plenty of wrap on the pallets they should have stayed put, wonder if that product has gone over on other loads? sounds like loaders need briefing better.

MickM

robroy:

simcor:
Companies have to be seen to be compliant though by DVSA by having proof they take action as a responsible employer. Balderdash with some firms I agree. But they have to show they take it seriously. Whether we like it or not it will only get worse.

Ok, but my point was how will a driver (or all of their drivers for that matter) doing 53 mph affect their ‘O’ licence.
The legal limit is 60mph, and the set limit for a limiter is 56, so why would DVSA be even mildly interested in this case of the reason Beav got reprimanded.

Rob they were looking for a reason to pull him for pallets going over if you think about it as you said why would they pull him for speed

dieseldog999:

harrawaffa:
Seems like you’ve spat the dummy because someone dared to think there may be room for improvement in your driving.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
total pish…
there a million crappy beancounting plobber jobs out there with or without the agency. if they had strapped it and loaded it right it would never have moved,and overspeeds count for nothing .nothing for o licence operators or vosa for the driver.its only the fannys in the office to bleat on about to smack your wrists…good man anyway.no loss as far as work goes. :slight_smile:

This man knows the score :wink: Pointy shoe wearing faggots on power trips.

simcor:

robroy:
Thing is this is the type of crap these firms feed to their drivers in an attempt to make their stupid rules appear more credible…just like driver facing cameras bringing their insurance rates down, …and drivers being drivere, they just swallow it.

What makes you think driver cameras don’t reduce the companies premiums Rob?

Do dash cams reduce premiums?

Would having driver facing cameras stop some drivers doing things they know they should not do and may stop some accidents from happening? Would that no reduce the overall premium?
Would it also give the company recourse on an individual that acts recklessly or negligently for the losses incurred for being a idiot?

I agree pay should be much better for the hoops we have to jump through these days, but until drivers act better and more sensible then nothing will change.

I would agree that outward facing cameras reduce premiums,.as for driver facing cameras (aka ■■■■ liberties) I aint so sure mate.
What I do know is if they do, that is not the primary reason firms fit them, instead it is to spy on the driver.
If you or anybody else have no problem with them, that is your prerogative, I do have a problem it is a ■■■■ insult to my professionalism, which is why mine (a 7 sec event triggering type) is covered up.
As for the ones permanently recording you, that takes ■■■■ taking to another level, and they are only there because drivers (true to form) did not kick off about them in the first instance, and some even come back with the mantra of the spineless, ie…
.‘‘What have you to worry about if you are doing nothing wrong’’ :unamused:
Just what these firms want to hear, they love it, as it signifies and confirms a tight grip on the ■■■■■■■■ of their drivers.

I think that beaver Stuck up for himself which is Fair enough.

I do however think that the agency guy should have mentioned this on the phone once the shift was completed.

This way it wouldn’t of wound anyone up and beaver would of been free to say stuff it but may be in a better light.

eagerbeaver:

dieseldog999:

harrawaffa:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
total pish…

This man knows the score :wink: Pointy shoe wearing faggots on power trips.

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:
overspeeds dont count…
heres last weeks speedo reading from the a75 heading from the boat.9 actually it was readling mostly the same for the previous 90 miles so long as i got past whoever was holding us up)…the only thing will be i wonder if anyone can guess what old shagheap i was flogging at the time.■■?
AND BEFORE WE START…ROBROY…YOUR NOT ALLOWED TO GUESS…YOUR TOO SMART.YOU GUESSSED THE LAST COUPLE IN 5 MINS… :smiley: