Would you take the truck back?

DonutUK:

eagerbeaver:

DonutUK:
How did the load “go over” on the first shift?

Got to see it from Culina’s perspective…they’ve had a partially shot load, and their telematics has reported some “speeding” events.

By abandoning the run and returning to the depot, you have probably just confirmed their opinion of you. Even if you, quite rightly, objected to the unpaid assessment, the mature thing would have been to finish the run off, rather than spitting your dummy out and going home.

But then it doesn’t surprise me as it seems to be growing trend, especially amongst drivers of a certain generation, that they cannot be questioned and woe betide the person who suggests that they might have room for improvement in the performance of their duties.

But I also suspect there is an element of trolling in this post and I have probably just fed the troll. Sorry.

It’s called ’ self respect ’ mate. Google it :wink: Like I said to Pierre…phone Culina and ask them if you don’t believe me Chief.

Very sad indeed that you think having a backbone is a trolling attempt :neutral_face:

Having a backbone would have been to finish the shift and then ask Culina what the problem was?

Chucking your toys out of the pram and going home solved nothing, probably cost you the days pay and potentially may cost the agency their contract with Culina…which could impact other drivers.
But hey, you feel all big and better about yourself so who cares eh?

Totally support the stance of not doing an unpaid assessment…just not the spitting out of the dummy.

What’s the point of continuing with today’s run? I won’t be doing another shift after today for them anyway as I would rather eat my own turd than do a free driving assessment for them :grimacing:

So if you are desperate for £100 mate, carry on :laughing: I personally won’t let people treat me like a knobhead and I got great pleasure out of dropping them in the crap :grimacing: Who gives a [zb] if the agency loses a customer? Don’t work for agencies in that case if they creep around customers whilst they treat drivers like children.

If other drivers grew a backbone, there wouldn’t be any impact upon them because they would all have good full time jobs with decent pay and the agencies wouldn’t exist.

Have a word with yourself :laughing:

simcor:
Oh beaver. Maybe being a tad more cautious about the load would have cured half the issue.

As for the overspeed issues it is sadly going to be commonplace with a lot of haulage companies that value their o licence. Having said that we had a stint if going on the wall of shame for OS and I’ve half a few lately but try to keep it under 60mph all the time and nothing has been said or any new page of shame has gone up for a fair while.

Assessment then yes you should expect paying for your time, but if they want you to do an assessment you can’t really argue the toss over the why, after all they are the payer.

I’m sure a smaller haulage outfit would be more your cup of tea by the sounds of it. Although you say you are working out your replacement career so it’s all probably academic anyway.

How would a driver doing 53mph affect their ‘O’ licence exactly? :neutral_face:

robroy:

simcor:
Oh beaver. Maybe being a tad more cautious about the load would have cured half the issue.

As for the overspeed issues it is sadly going to be commonplace with a lot of haulage companies that value their o licence. Having said that we had a stint if going on the wall of shame for OS and I’ve half a few lately but try to keep it under 60mph all the time and nothing has been said or any new page of shame has gone up for a fair while.

Assessment then yes you should expect paying for your time, but if they want you to do an assessment you can’t really argue the toss over the why, after all they are the payer.

I’m sure a smaller haulage outfit would be more your cup of tea by the sounds of it. Although you say you are working out your replacement career so it’s all probably academic anyway.

I’m not going to get into a conversation on the why’s and wherefores as someone will come out with the usual RDC gossip or its complete twaddle Rob.
So what’s the point?

So who’s fault was the load shifting??

I think I agree with ■■■■■ here - “Having a backbone” doesn’t involve dumping the motor and load and scuttling off home, leaving several parties (not just Culina and the agency) potentially out of pocket at the very least. A more adult response would (from my POV - YMMV of course) involve completing the job that you have been contracted to do and then having a grown-up conversation with da management at both Culina and the agency about why you won’t be doing an assessment without being paid for your time.

As it stands, both the agency and Culina will be looking at this from a dummy spitting driver standpoint, with the behaviour exhibited confirming to both parties that drivers are indeed on a par with the stuff you scrape off your boots.

simcor:

robroy:

simcor:

I’m not going to get into a conversation on the why’s and wherefores as someone will come out with the usual RDC gossip or its complete twaddle Rob.
So what’s the point?

Thing is this is the type of crap these firms feed to their drivers in an attempt to make their stupid rules appear more credible…just like driver facing cameras bringing their insurance rates down, …and drivers being drivere, they just swallow it.

Huge overreaction. Alright you don’t want to do an unpaid driving assessment. Just get your agency to send you to a different firm.

Be a professional and do your job though not turn around.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

robroy:

simcor:

robroy:

simcor:

So what’s the point?

Thing is this is the type of crap these firms feed to their drivers in an attempt to make their stupid rules appear more credible…just like driver facing cameras bringing their insurance rates down, …and drivers being drivere, they just swallow it.

Companies have to be seen to be compliant though by DVSA by having proof they take action as a responsible employer. Balderdash with some firms I agree. But they have to show they take it seriously. Whether we like it or not it will only get worse.

robroy:

What makes you think driver cameras don’t reduce the companies premiums Rob?

Do dash cams reduce premiums?

Would having driver facing cameras stop some drivers doing things they know they should not do and may stop some accidents from happening? Would that no reduce the overall premium?
Would it also give the company recourse on an individual that acts recklessly or negligently for the losses incurred for being a idiot?

I agree pay should be much better for the hoops we have to jump through these days, but until drivers act better and more sensible then nothing will change.

Seems like you’ve spat the dummy because someone dared to think there may be room for improvement in your driving.

It’s a bit over the top taking drops and truck back because you were asked to do a assessment
Now if they were treating you bad or truck was scrap then yes
Could you not have completed the day and when you got back you could have then thrown your dody out of the pram

Lol. Some predictable responses from some of The Borg on here :laughing:

" Be professional ", " Get back to the depot and discuss your issues " :unamused: How about this, " Stop being taken the ■■■■ out of ".

Some knobhead has been so preoccupied with ’ telematics ’ and spying, that they haven’t realised their nightshift have rammed 8 delicate pallets of product through the back doors with a PPT onto a curtainsider that doesn’t have the correct internal straps.

You cannot ratchet strap them because of the way the glass jars have been palletised. They are also slightly smaller than the CHEP pallets they were stacked on, therefore aren’t a positive fit and will move EVEN with 26 internal straps. It’s the lateral movement that caused the problem.

Who gives a flying one that I have done 60 mph on some stretches yesterday? I didn’t get an infringement and all goods were delivered correctly, on time and damage free so what’s the problem?

I took great satisfaction in creating them a load of hassle and expense today :grimacing: (Just to add, how stupid is it to tell an agency driver whilst out in a customers loaded truck, that unless they do an unpaid assessment drive they won’t be at that customer for any more shifts? :unamused: :laughing: ).

Result sorted!
■■■■■■■■ to the firm.
And bigger ■■■■■■■■ to the agency.
Well done.

eagerbeaver:

A) " Be professional ", " Get back to the depot and discuss your issues " :unamused: How about this, " Stop being taken the ■■■■ out of ".

B) Some knobhead has been so preoccupied with ’ telematics ’ and spying, that they haven’t realised their nightshift have rammed 8 delicate pallets of product through the back doors with a PPT onto a curtainsider that doesn’t have the correct internal straps.

You cannot ratchet strap them because of the way the glass jars have been palletised. They are also slightly smaller than the CHEP pallets they were stacked on, therefore aren’t a positive fit and will move EVEN with 26 internal straps. It’s the lateral movement that caused the problem.

Who gives a flying one that I have done 60 mph on some stretches yesterday? I didn’t get an infringement and all goods were delivered correctly, on time and damage free so what’s the problem?

C) I took great satisfaction in creating them a load of hassle and expense today :grimacing: D) (Just to add, how stupid is it to tell an agency driver whilst out in a customers loaded truck, that unless they do an unpaid assessment drive they won’t be at that customer for any more shifts? :unamused: :laughing: ).

A) Yes, the professional thing to do is to have a discussion about things when you don’t agree. Not to act unilaterally in detriment to everyone involved apart from yourself. Given your lack of professionalism I’m going to assume you need that translating so here we go:

“Talking good, what you did, ■■■■■■■ stupid.”

B) So whats happened here then is either:

i) You have taken out a load without checking it for stability.
ii) You have checked the load, decided it wasn’t strapped correctly and still taken it.

Either way you are solely at fault for the damage to the Aldi pallets. It is the drivers responsibility to ensure the load is safe and secure to travel. You could always have refused to take it, that would have been a professional response.

C) So you took great satisfaction in acting like a spoiled child. Tell me, do you also take great satisfaction from pulling the wings of flies and burning ants with a magnifying glass.

D) Not stupid at all. Any reasonable person would have completed the run and then declined to work for Culina again. I’m sure that neither the Culina office staff nor the agency expected such an un-reasonable response.

nsmith1180:

eagerbeaver:

A) " Be professional ", " Get back to the depot and discuss your issues " :unamused: How about this, " Stop being taken the ■■■■ out of ".

B) Some knobhead has been so preoccupied with ’ telematics ’ and spying, that they haven’t realised their nightshift have rammed 8 delicate pallets of product through the back doors with a PPT onto a curtainsider that doesn’t have the correct internal straps.

C) I took great satisfaction in creating them a load of hassle and expense today :grimacing: D) (Just to add, how stupid is it to tell an agency driver whilst out in a customers loaded truck, that unless they do an unpaid assessment drive they won’t be at that customer for any more shifts? :unamused: :laughing: ).

A) Yes, the professional thing to do is to have a discussion about things when you don’t agree. Not to act unilaterally in detriment to everyone involved apart from yourself. Given your lack of professionalism I’m going to assume you need that translating so here we go:

“Talking good, what you did, [zb] stupid.”

B) So whats happened here then is either:

i) You have taken out a load without checking it for stability.
ii) You have checked the load, decided it wasn’t strapped correctly and still taken it.

Either way you are solely at fault for the damage to the Aldi pallets. It is the drivers responsibility to ensure the load is safe and secure to travel. You could always have refused to take it, that would have been a professional response.

C) So you took great satisfaction in acting like a spoiled child. Tell me, do you also take great satisfaction from pulling the wings of flies and burning ants with a magnifying glass.

D) Not stupid at all. Any reasonable person would have completed the run and then declined to work for Culina again. I’m sure that neither the Culina office staff nor the agency expected such an un-reasonable response.

Of course I checked the load. I opened the back doors and looked in. It was definitely there…

So you didn’t check the load correctly and it shifted. Your fault, no one else to blame.

nsmith1180:
So you didn’t check the load correctly and it shifted. Your fault, no one else to blame.

Erm…I’m not blaming anyone mate. I couldn’t be less arsed if I tried :laughing:

The point of the thread is to see how many on here would take the truck back or not. Don’t worry if you can’t grasp it :wink:

eagerbeaver:

peirre:
I would have explained to the monkey from the agency that my card is in the truck, I’ve been driving it today and I expect to be paid min 8hrs. As for the assessment, sure I’d go in for it on the day/time they want, but I want paying for my time while there, again if I’m doing that my card will be in the tachometer so I expect to be suitably paid.

I do however detect a little trolling

No trolling at all pal. If you don’t believe me, phone Culina at Port Salford 0161 786 7765. The wagon’s reg was DX15 KBZ.

Whoa…easy Tiger !..read Rule 1 of the forum rules…

Heisenberrg:

eagerbeaver:

peirre:
I would have explained to the monkey from the agency that my card is in the truck, I’ve been driving it today and I expect to be paid min 8hrs. As for the assessment, sure I’d go in for it on the day/time they want, but I want paying for my time while there, again if I’m doing that my card will be in the tachometer so I expect to be suitably paid.

I do however detect a little trolling

No trolling at all pal. If you don’t believe me, phone Culina at Port Salford 0161 786 7765. The wagon’s reg was DX15 KBZ.

Whoa…easy Tiger !..read Rule 1 of the forum rules…

The Nodding Donkey thinks the beaver is clean. He’s named and shamed himself, and forum rules don’t mention that.

I’ve read the different reply’s, and had a think.
As a a professional, you should have completed your contracted work, returned to the depot, parked. Up, then gone into transport, and spoke to the manger( pointy shoes) who was in charge, and aired your concerns,or points and tried to resolve the issues, like a professional Adult.
Not throw a teenage hissy fit, and stomp off, because someone who has never driven a lgv questioned your ability.