Would you take the truck back?

From a neutrals point of view…you walked off the job.
If you had builders round your house,and they forked off…half way through the job,would you pay them?

eagerbeaver:

Punchy Dan:

commonrail:

eagerbeaver:
Well folks it seems that the agency are fancying a good game of hardball, so it’s off to court we go!

Can’t see you winning.

Nor me :unamused:

Best not bother then eh? :unamused: Pair of ■■■■■■■.

After all this talk of lack of solidarity, we’ve seen drivers who won’t even stand up for themselves and take a toilet break when they need one. Now we’ve got someone standing up for themselves and being told not to bother.

This industry is ■■■■■■ beyond belief. And there’s no one to blame but yourselves.

Didn’t say…don’t bother
But as a betting man,I don’t think he’ll win.

@EB whilst I think you were petulant on the job assignment, you have every right to be paid for the hours/jobs completed. I recently said to an agency (after i was taken on full time and all dues were paid) what about my holiday pay ? they denied all knowledge, I phoned them for a few days and passed around. I phoned last monday and said I dont care who i am talking to now, i will start legal proceedings against you today, 10 mins later phone call – money in your bank fri and £510 in my bank friday

commonrail:
If you had builders round your house,and they forked off…half way through the job,would you pay them?

I walked off the job on the Friday. I have not claimed any wages for 2 hrs work Friday. It’s the previous day (14 hours Thursday 05/10/17) that I haven’t been paid for, which I completed to perfection which is why I was then requested for the following day :unamused:

So many thanks for the link provided MTM12 :wink: A county court claim for a very reasonable £165 has now been submitted (£140 for the shift and £25 court fee).

simcant:
@EB whilst I think you were petulant on the job assignment, you have every right to be paid for the hours/jobs completed. I recently said to an agency (after i was taken on full time and all dues were paid) what about my holiday pay ? they denied all knowledge, I phoned them for a few days and passed around. I phoned last monday and said I dont care who i am talking to now, i will start legal proceedings against you today, 10 mins later phone call – money in your bank fri and £510 in my bank friday

In the final weeks before my company took me on, work from the agency dried up and I was encouraged to use my holiday days that I’d accrued. I refused and took them as “stood down” days. Strangely enough, after a few days of this, I started to get work again, plus a big pay out for holidays I hadn’t taken when I left.
If you’re owed it, you should get it.

eagerbeaver:

commonrail:

I walked off the job on the Friday. I have not claimed any wages for 2 hrs work Friday. It’s the previous day (14 hours Thursday 05/10/17) that I haven’t been paid for, which I completed to perfection which is why I was then requested for the following day :unamused:

So many thanks for the link provided MTM12 :wink: A county court claim for a very reasonable £165 has now been submitted (£140 for the shift and £25 court fee).

Oh right
Forget everything I said then.
They owe you

They have breached the contract for not paying you for the Thursday, what happened Friday has no relevance unless your contract with the agency has a clause where they can deduct monies from a previous day.

If the agency wanted money off you they would need to request it, not deduct it from a previous day.

Prolly get sorted in the phone mediation anyway if it gets that far.

However I would look at using a CPR compliant letter before action before commencing an mcol.
The court likes to see every attempt has been made to settle.

Just guessing as an armchair lawyer who has never lost a claim.

Dipper_Dave:
They have breached the contract for not paying you for the Thursday, what happened Friday has no relevance unless your contract with the agency has a clause where they can deduct monies from a previous day.

If the agency wanted money off you they would need to request it, not deduct it from a previous day.

Prolly get sorted in the phone mediation anyway if it gets that far.

However I would look at using a CPR compliant letter before action before commencing an mcol.
The court likes to see every attempt has been made to settle.

Just guessing as an armchair lawyer who has never lost a claim.

I had already sent them a letter Uncle Dave, asking for them to pay me what was owed otherwise I would take court action.

Then an mcol is your next step, take your time with this and be sure to include that you are claiming for contract breach. Be very carefull with details.

But there’s a long way to go after making the claim, defence statement, small claims track allocation, dq’s, witness statements etc…

By my reckoning it would be next March before this got to court.

Dipper_Dave:
Then an mcol is your next step, take your time with this and be sure to include that you are claiming for contract breach. Be very carefull with details.

But there’s a long way to go yet, defence statement, small claims track allocation, dq’s, witness statements etc…

Yep, already done it today. £25 online jobbie, they have 14 days to reply :wink:

I used micol against CTS in brigstock .
It got me my cash minus £60 .mine was a weeks pay .He holds people cash for 30 days .which in my opinion if you do not get on is harsh.i had a slight fall out midweek with his planner woman and I still finished the week for them ! yet the prick still withheld my pay so off to court I went .
I would rather pay the court money and leave a court trail for these non payers than let it go.
Good luck pal .

Beetlejuice:
It got me my cash minus £60 .mine was a weeks pay .He holds people cash for 30 days .which in my opinion if you do not get on is harsh.i had a slight fall out midweek with his planner woman and I still finished the week for them ! yet the prick still withheld my pay so off to court I went .
I would rather pay the court money and leave a court trail for these non payers than let it go.
Good luck pal .

Thanks mate. It only took 20 minutes and £25 off my debit card (which I get back anyway) to start the court process.

About time these agencies and employers stopped taking the ■■■■.

eagerbeaver:

Beetlejuice:
Good luck pal .

Thanks mate. It only took 20 minutes and £25 off my debit card (which I get back anyway) to start the court process.

About time these agencies and employers stopped taking the ■■■■.

They seem to forget that Without drivers they have no business.I firmly believe drivers will one day be more respected again .Until then I move around frequently …

Well I hope you win mate, if only to show them and other agencies, that actually they can’t just ■■■■ a driver about as they please.
Only thing to think about is they may all black you in the area if and when you win, for as they will see it as ‘‘having the cheek and audacity to take them on’’…but I’m confident you won’t give a flying one about that. :smiley:
A bit biased here as I hate ■■■■ agencies with a passion. :smiling_imp:

robroy:
Well I hope you win mate, if only to show them and other agencies, that actually they can’t just [zb] a driver about as they please.
Only thing to think about is they may all black you in the area if and when you win, for as they will see it as ‘‘having the cheek and audacity to take them on’’…but I’m confident you won’t give a flying one about that. :smiley:
A bit biased here as I hate [zb] agencies with a passion. :smiling_imp:

Start my new job tomorrow mate, so as you so rightly say…" Don’t give a flying flock " :grimacing:

eagerbeaver:

robroy:
Well I hope you win mate, if only to show them and other agencies, that actually they can’t just [zb] a driver about as they please.
A bit biased here as I hate [zb] agencies with a passion. :smiling_imp:

Start my new job tomorrow mate, so as you so rightly say…" Don’t give a flying flock " :grimacing:

Hope your new employer behaves themselves. I’m sure you’ll tell them if they don’t. How long did you interview them for

Sent from my SM-J510FN using Tapatalk

Im no court room expert EB but surely over only £140 its hardly worthwhile defending it imo. Defend and lose and they could be saddled with paying a lot more…