Working Time Directive.

Has it finally started or what? Told today it has, but told by someone else it hasn’t :unamused:. I’m doing the hours thing anyway, but it’d be nice to know :laughing:.

it started monday so bewarned :imp:

Well Ive just come off the Gov site and cant find nowt about it, so now we have the ‘Final’ thing, how do we access it to see what we are supposed to be doing, can only find draft from last Nov■■?

Welcome to TruckNet UK haulinass :smiley: . I have had the letter from the agency saying it came in on the 4/4/05 but it did not go in to much detail.

I do have one question though when I have driven a vehicle where the tacho records driving automatically and I was told to leave it on the Square with a line through (Jam butty) and then just put it on the bed symbol when on rest/break. Now do you need to leave it on Crossed hammers and put it on Jam butty for POA’S and bed for rest :question: .

drive and other work,ie loading/unloading = crossed hammers

poa’s = square or jam butty as some call it

rest = bed

and welcome to t/net haulinass

kitkat:

rest = bed

Cheer’s kitkat :smiley:

ive had new time sheets from manpower and all the bumf through the post today and i recipt form to sign and send back.
in the job im in at the mo i never go over 50 hours a week take of breaks and that makes it just 46 n a quarter so no worries there

The clock is well and truly ticking :exclamation: :wink:

Have a look here dft.gov.uk/stellent/groups/d … 22954.hcsp

Just read it meself

Just had a quick look. The bit that caught my eye was coach drivers being able to drive over 60hrs a week. If i read it right. Does that mean they consider a load of cornflakes to a supermarket more important than peoples lives!!! :open_mouth:

kitkat:

rest = bed

Someone had better inform Strathclyde Police - Traffic Division of this. I was wondering about the legality of driving on Crossed Hammers and was discussing it with my mate when he decided to check with his mate in the Traffic Police. The constable said that if a truck-driver was pulled over and a routine check of the cab showed him/her using the Crossed Hammers mode whilst driving, then a pedantic and nit-picky officer COULD charge him/her with improper use of the mode switch!! My mate asked whether he was sure - had this not changed with the dawning of the new WTD legislation? Not as far as Strathclyde Police are concerned was his reply. :open_mouth:

Kind Regards,

Paul-D.

The only time this could happen is with the old ‘non-automatic’ tachos that had a 4 position switch. With the Automatic tacho, once the vehicle is in motion, the trace changes to Driving regardless of the switch position.

Although the crossed hammers was not in common usage here, its use is detailed in the GV 262 and in many vehicle handbooks that I have looked at.

I have compared the various interpretations given in the GV 262, a Daf handbook, and an ERF handbook, in an earlier post, possibly on the old forums.

Popeye:

kitkat:

rest = bed

Someone had better inform Strathclyde Police - Traffic Division of this. I was wondering about the legality of driving on Crossed Hammers and was discussing it with my mate when he decided to check with his mate in the Traffic Police. The constable said that if a truck-driver was pulled over and a routine check of the cab showed him/her using the Crossed Hammers mode whilst driving, then a pedantic and nit-picky officer COULD charge him/her with improper use of the mode switch!! My mate asked whether he was sure - had this not changed with the dawning of the new WTD legislation? Not as far as Strathclyde Police are concerned was his reply. :open_mouth:

Kind Regards,

Paul-D.

well popeye if i was you m8 i’d go back and tell your m8 that he should tell mr pc traffic cop that crossed hammers and square ( jam butty ) do the same job record driving and other work time.most companies if not all are now using crossed hammers for other work and driving,jam butty for poa’s and bed for rest.so if that nit picking officer wanted to pull me over then i’ll see him in court.also as krankee has mentioned about the old tacho’s,you will find that most wagon’s nowadays have only the 3 mode systems,you will have to get an older vehicle to see the 4 symbol tacho modes

have a look at this link and you will see the 4 symbols used in the older trucks

tachochart.com/information23.htm

I’m going to have a bash at a spreadsheet. Lostpup’s idea is a ■■■■ good one. I’ve been through the WTD law thoroughly the last couple of days, so I’ll have a swear at Excel/Lotus at the weekend & see what I can come up with :wink:.

id like to see the police take that one to court its in black and white on the dft website me thinks it would be thorwn out :laughing: :sunglasses: