Wolfie's model trucks

AEC Mandators were still very much around when the 40ft Trailer came into use and a tri-axle trailer to make full use of the 32Ton max weight on five axles could also be seen as far back as the mid 60’s, so there is plenty choice. Your model seems to be the current KFS kit Chris, Howard got in touch with me a while back to ask if I still had the build instructions for the kit when sold by Kingdom Trucks as he had bought the masters. As it happened I did and sent them to him with one or two adjustments I’d made to the original kit, he asked if I’d keep it quiet for the time being until he got the kit ready for sale and I see by your model he turned out a nice kit again when released. This make and model of vehicle has always been a favourite of mine so its good to see it once more being built. Cheers Frank.

Frankydobo:
AEC Mandators were still very much around when the 40ft Trailer came into use and a tri-axle trailer to make full use of the 32Ton max weight on five axles could also be seen as far back as the mid 60’s, so there is plenty choice. Your model seems to be the current KFS kit Chris, Howard got in touch with me a while back to ask if I still had the build instructions for the kit when sold by Kingdom Trucks as he had bought the masters. As it happened I did and sent them to him with one or two adjustments I’d made to the original kit, he asked if I’d keep it quiet for the time being until he got the kit ready for sale and I see by your model he turned out a nice kit again when released. This make and model of vehicle has always been a favourite of mine so its good to see it once more being built. Cheers Frank.

In support of Frankydobo’s observations, here are some images that might come in handy. The first set look to be 10m (33-ft) trailers and the second set look to be 12m (40-ft) trailers :wink: . Good luck. Robert

p342406051-3.jpg

2nd set

imagesGPYSK2D5.jpg

AECMANDATORV8VTG4R0474x2REFRIGERATEDBOXVANARTICULATEDLORRYMEE910FregisteredonFriday7thJune1968inGrimsbyHumberWarehousingGroup.jpg

My MAN TGX I drove for a while at Warcups, East Yorks.

Small7.jpg

I’m thinking of taking commission work on again during the current situation. Anybody interested?

Well after a year in which I built a lot of things that weren’t trucks, I’m back on the spanners. Renault Magnum I built for Transport Fabrications of York.

You really are a craftsman Wolfie! Absolutely superb stuff.

And the latest off the workbench.

KFS transkit shortened and grafted onto an Italeri Volvo chassis

Lonewolf Yorks:
I see most of my other pics have disappeared grrrr

Anyway I FINALLY got round to building this…

Hi Chris, if you have still got the original photos then why don’t you repost them. :smiley:
It would be great to see them again, especially if they haven’t got the words “photobucket” :smiling_imp: scrawled across them.

Lonewolf Yorks:
And the latest off the workbench.

KFS transkit shortened and grafted onto an Italeri Volvo chassis

Marathon looks good,nice models. :wink:

Bedford artic tractor converted from Emhar tipper with scratchbuilt Scammell coupling

AMT Chevy Titan 90. Horrible kit. OK I know that with AMT kits you usually need a degree in second sight and a certain amount of witchcraft, but this one was worse than ever. Got there in the end. :open_mouth: :laughing:

Superb work :smiley:

Emhar Bedford tipper converted to artic tractor with scratchbuilt trailer and scratchbuilt Scammell coupling.

The inspiration…

Parcels4.jpg

Absolutely superb Wolfie

1/35 scale Leyland Retriever

Love your work, fellows. :smiley:

Heller Scania 141 converted to Scania 111 day cab. Horrible job, don’t think I’ll attempt this again.

Modellers Resource ERF B series. Has to be said if you’re used to KFS transkits this might be a shock. I had some fit problems and locating points weren’t great but eventually managed to get a result! Not for the inexperienced though.

Photos not up to usual standard cos my main lens is away being repaired. Taken with a phone!

Awesome models mate.

Another nice BRS job Chris, can’t notice any build problems on the cab and nice paintwork but maybe your wheelbase’s are too long for UK spec with using the Volvo chassis, there is a lot of empty space. I always take a bit out and rejoin the rails, I know some modellers don’t want the hassle but the end result is better. Franky.

Geordielad:
Another nice BRS job Chris, can’t notice any build problems on the cab and nice paintwork but maybe your wheelbase’s are too long for UK spec with using the Volvo chassis, there is a lot of empty space. I always take a bit out and rejoin the rails, I know some modellers don’t want the hassle but the end result is better. Franky.

I actually did take some out Frank, according to stuff I found on the web its the correct wheelbase for a 4 legger. But you’re right it does look slightly long, on reflection I’d have took out another 5-6mm.