Why can't some drivers ever use the toilets?

SouthEastCashew:
Yes! The all important windows… Helps you to see them speed camera vans [emoji14]

:stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

jamieh1990:
On another note of beep beeps. I was in the sainsburys rdc last week and the class two wagons even had a beep and voice when the indicator came on. ‘Caution vehicle turning left’

You can thank FORS and all the other nonsense for that. The first time you sit at traffic lights with it constantly going,you learn not to indicate until they’re green

I’ve known numerous truck drivers who will stop in an MSA for a 45 minute break, will go into the main building, will shop at W. H. Smiths, have a burger and fries at McDonalds, put money into the slot machines and then have a ■■■■ up against the wheel when they get back to the truck.

The simple fact is that a significant proportion of truck drivers are no better than animals, and I can fully understand why most companies won’t waste time and money providing decent facilities for us.

I can honestly say we dont really have that problem over here, theres always going to one that’ll ■■■■ against a wheel but 99% will use the proper facilities. It cant just be bone idle laziness as has been mentioned above, drivers that will eat in the services but ■■■■ in the truck park. Maybe its a territorial thing going back to neanderthal times…

Can remember years ago when waiting in the huge truck park at Frankfurt de Oder when waiting to get into Poland I took a ■■■■ into a drain by my wagon and was bollocked by a security guard for doing so and then his dog ■■■■■■ up against my back wheel so I gave him hell but he said ’ no understand’ … lol

raymundo:
Can remember years ago when waiting in the huge truck park at Frankfurt de Oder when waiting to get into Poland I took a ■■■■ into a drain by my wagon and was bollocked by a security guard for doing so and then his dog ■■■■■■ up against my back wheel so I gave him hell but he said ’ no understand’ … lol

Sounds similar to Guiselwind truck stop re security with dogs. This place is massive with a huge array of different places to eat, has a workshop/ truckwash ect all on site…

I find a great way of saving time is ■■■■■■■ in my pants while I’m walking over to burger king at the services

vikingpete:
I find a great way of saving time is ■■■■■■■ in my pants while I’m walking over to burger king at the services

Thats the way to go,very efficient.

I always remembered Toddington truck parking southbound as smelling like a urinal, especially on a hot day. Just bloody laziness to walk 5 minutes to the Lav.

Not lazyness on my part (oh alright perhaps a little), but there’s no point walking to the services loos when there’s a perfectly good bush to go in.

■■■■■■■ up the truck is always first option. Although I draw the line at pooing outdoors unless no other option is available.

Saw a bloke once having a ■■■■ whilst fueling up that I thought a little extreme but he must have been desperate so fair doos.

Bloody snowflakes, if he ain’t ■■■■■■■ on me shoes I ain’t bothered. :wink:

Recently though I have felt a bit self conscious about ■■■■■■■ up the truck, so go in me ■■■■ pot then tip it out the window or down a drain.

I spotted a mullgrews truck on the 57 today and thought it might have been dipper Dave but the tyres looked dry so it couldn’t have been.

I occasionally park up somewhere out of the way ; usually a lay-by to go for a ■■■■■.
Am I a bad guy for doing that?

Also the night trunking guys @ Tuffnells are told they are not allowed to stop on route to depot. Your expected to be foot to the floor (conditions permitting) all the way to the depot. It was the same at DX freight and I’m pretty sure its the same with all parcel and pallet couriers that provide next day deliveries. I only done the night trunking once but when I needed to go for a ■■■■■ I just pulled up on the hard shoulder for one.

Dipper_Dave:
Recently though I have felt a bit self conscious about ■■■■■■■ up the truck, so go in me ■■■■ pot then tip it out the window or down a drain.

I thought you saved up your ■■■■ pots for cyclists. I may be thinking of your turd bags though.

Lancsdriver70:
On Monday morning, on my way back to the depot, after doing store deliveries, I stopped at Forton services for a break…it was just before 9.00am. I parked up next to a Mulgrew’s wagon and made my way into the services, to go to the toilet and get a coffee.

As I was returning to my truck, I saw the Mulgrew’s driver having a ■■■■ in the gap between my cab door and his passenger-side door…in exactly the place that I would have to step into…to climb into my cab!

He didn’t seem embarrassed or uncomfortable in the least, and just said “alright fella”, as he zipped himself up and returned to his
cab on the other side of his truck. I was just thinking “what a lazy, inconsiderate [zb]” …and I don’t know how I stopped myself
from throttling him!!

It was just 20 metres or so walk from his truck to the toilets (which I had just used)…, it was broad daylight, with plenty of people and vehicles around…other MSA users would have seen him ■■■■■■■■■■■ he just can’t be arsed to walk that 20 metres!!

I have plenty of faults …a short temper being one of them…but I do have standards when it comes to personal hygiene, general decency, and consideration for others.

I understand that there may be odd occasions where people are bursting for the toilet…and there are no toilets around…so they end up pulling over on a country road, and ■■■■■■■ in the bushes. But if you are at a MSA or Truckstop…where there are toilets…why do some drivers not use the toilets, and instead leave a puddle of urine next to someone else’s cab door!!

That driver had a very lucky escape…it’s bellend’s like him that give us all a bad name!

From the responses yet again I think you know why it happens.

Sent from my SM-J510FN using Tapatalk

AndrewG:
I can honestly say we dont really have that problem over here

Lulwat, next you’re going to say that nobody litters as well? :smiley:

I’ve even seen a spanish driver ■■■■ out the window somewhere between Bordeaux and Bayonne, too lazy to even get out of the lorry…

adam277:
Tuffnells are told they are not allowed to stop on route to depot. Your expected to be foot to the floor (conditions permitting) all the way to the depot. It was the same at DX freight and I’m pretty sure its the same with all parcel and pallet couriers that provide next day deliveries. .

Tell me you’re joking, please…you aren’t allowed to stop for a ■■■■? :open_mouth:
And the drivers agree to this and go along with it?? :open_mouth: :open_mouth:
■■■■ me :unamused: Things in this job are worse than even I thought. :open_mouth:
Is it just me or what?

robroy:
Tell me you’re joking, please…you aren’t allowed to stop for a ■■■■?
And the drivers agree to this and go along with it??

It’s true mate. I worked for Hermes, and fell out with them over exactly that reason. That is the reason why I walked out of
Hermes mid-shift…and am now banned from ever working for them again…for stopping to have a ■■■■ (in the toilets of course!)
:smiley: :smiley:

robroy:

adam277:
Tuffnells are told they are not allowed to stop on route to depot. Your expected to be foot to the floor (conditions permitting) all the way to the depot. It was the same at DX freight and I’m pretty sure its the same with all parcel and pallet couriers that provide next day deliveries. .

Tell me you’re joking, please…you aren’t allowed to stop for a ■■■■? :open_mouth:
And the drivers agree to this and go along with it?? :open_mouth: :open_mouth:
[zb] me :unamused: Things in this job are worse than even I thought. :open_mouth:
Is it just me or what?

If you stop at the services they know straight away and will phone you, demanding to know why you have stopped. Might be why a lot of the drivers at my firm are not English.

Lancsdriver70:

robroy:
Tell me you’re joking, please…you aren’t allowed to stop for a ■■■■?
And the drivers agree to this and go along with it??

It’s true mate. I worked for Hermes, and fell out with them over exactly that reason. That is the reason why I walked out of
Hermes mid-shift…and am now banned from ever working for them again…for stopping to have a ■■■■ (in the toilets of course!)
:smiley: :smiley:

I think you had a lucky escape there mate and came the best off.
Mind you if drivers are so ■■■■ dead from the neck up pathetic, to actually agree to all this type of crap :open_mouth: …, firms are going to take full advantage and laugh their ■■■■■ off at them into the bargain.

Sounds like I got the wrong job. What do you do?
I’ve only worked in the parcel/courier sector so this is the norm for me.

adam277:
Sounds like I got the wrong job. What do you do?
I’ve only worked in the parcel/courier sector so this is the norm for me.

So do you in all honesty think that telling someone you are not allowed to stop for a ■■■■ and/or ‘demanding’’ to know why …is reasonable? :open_mouth:
And what if you suddenly become tired, what do you do then?
What happened to all this H&S ■■■■■■■■ (health as in driving in agony bursting for a ■■■■, and safety when driving tired compromises road safety) when suddenly it benefits us on our side for a change.