Who was in the right here?

Yep as said your in the wrong, maintain or reduce your speed to allow the overtaking vehicle to pass you.

99% of the time I do just that but it grinds my gears when drivers can’t figure out if they are going to struggle up hill and try to overtake and then lose momentum and sit along side you. So sometimes I go sod it why should I lose my momentum because you can’t plan an overtake (double deckers seem to be the worst offenders) and just maintain my speed.

But if on a downhill I’ll always back off and let them go.

You often get this with these Royal Mail puddle jumpers, they havent got enough power to overtake anything, they get 2/3 past with the slipstream/drag but cant punch through the turbulence.

I prefer sitting a couple of clicks under on the speed hold.

The-Snowman:

robroy:
what’s the problem with losing a couple of seconds and a few yards ffs.

Says the man who got caught for speeding just a few days ago…

Sorry mate, couldnt resist! :laughing:

:blush: …Wouldn’t expect anything else off you mate. :laughing:

What really cheeses me off is between junction 3-2 A14 going west, is a lorry goes flying past you going downhill then cuts in front just as you reach the no overtaking bit, then slows down to 30mph as they struggle uphill. You just have to sit behind or risk getting fined. Brick lorries are the worse for that. Had a Wincanton driver do that the other day, as I overtook him past the no overtaking area, he put his hand up. I looked straight ahead & took no notice of him. That teach him :imp:

I drove from Birmingham to Ipswich in my car a few weeks ago, and you know that section of the A14 with the weight limit, this truck took the whole length of that to overtook another truck, no word of a lie, and then when I got to Cambridge, I had another truck riding on my bumper all the way through the 40 limit roadworks,no wonder people complain lorry drivers

Sploom:
you know that section of the A14 with the weight limit, this truck took the whole length of that to overtook another truck, no word of a lie,

1.5 miles? Amateur, obviously - a true professional would have made it last 20 miles at least…

If your faster than me, come on by, but keep er lit, and woha betide you if I’m down hill in frozen mode,(let it go)and you brake because your going over 55.9mph. WHY do they do it.

biggriffin:
and you brake because your going over 55.9mph. WHY do they do it.

Because the overspeed warning kicks in probably.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Reef:

biggriffin:

Over speed my ++++, Some dopey CPC twont has told them and pointy shoes it’s an offence, No it isn’t, UK speed limit is 60mph. If your speed trace continually shows over 60mph then vosa will ask questions, but for bursts of up to ??mph then back to limiter sets they are not interested.
The nay saying agency plobbing god’s will say different, Well go and ask the man in the black and yellow ford galaxy. As I did… They don’t bite

biggriffin:

Reef:

biggriffin:

Over speed my ++++, Some dopey CPC twont has told them and pointy shoes it’s an offence, No it isn’t, UK speed limit is 60mph. If your speed trace continually shows over 60mph then vosa will ask questions, but for bursts of up to ??mph then back to limiter sets they are not interested.
The nay saying agency plobbing god’s will say different, Well go and ask the man in the black and yellow ford galaxy. As I did… They don’t bite

I’m not arguing with you mate, it’s just what I’ve noticed.

biggriffin:

Reef:

biggriffin:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
+`1
most of what i sit in is well hooked up anyway with the trace showing 56 but even at that then whatever speed it hits going downhill then ive never given a toss as its obviously a running on overspeed.
theres always peaks on any trace every single day and its only a few instances ive had a frown from vosa os its only for a min or so anyway.
my argument with one particular bean counter was that if god didnt want overspeeds to show up on your card,then he wouldnt have invented big hills.
bearing in mind that showing 56 on the trace means 62-65 in reality.
ive never been done to this day for constantly doing it.
i suppose not working for plobbers helps though as nobody where ive worked would ever question your speed unless you were late.

I work on the theory if the guy behind has caught me up then he’s obviously got the legs - let 'em go - it’s a speed averages game.

Otherwise you have the op experience. :frowning:

I let them pass going downhill but uphill I wont be easing off.

biggriffin:

Reef:

biggriffin:

But you are breaking construction and use rules

I thought the 90 km or 56.25 mph was an Eu thing not construction and use ■■?

Its the ■■■■■ that dont let you back in and sit at the side of you after you’ve moved over to let them merge on the motorway that grinds my gears

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mark1284:
Its the [zb] that dont let you back in and sit at the side of you after you’ve moved over to let them merge on the motorway that grinds my gears

I usually find putting on the left indicator works if its a motorist who does that. If not, drifting over to the white line usually has the desired effect!

raymundo:
I thought the 90 km or 56.25 mph was an Eu thing not construction and use ■■?

It is .the lorry has been restricted to 90km,so under c and u if the lorry exceeds that it it is breaking the the rules of the c and c