On a roll.

Ok,so you’re overtaking me but then we come to a hill and I pick up speed and you dont like it because youre stuck in the middle lane and then you start blowing the horn so Ive got to brake now,even though I dont feel like braking but,hey,weve got someone in such a rage he’s gonna run me into the hard shoulder in a minute if I dont slow down and let him back in.Why cant you stop in the middle for a short time? Its just as wide and it goes the same way as the granny lane.Then,once we get past the downhill you can get past me and back in the granny lane.But whats the big deal? We have a problem with cars hogging the middle lane so why cant you hog the middle just for half a mile .It wont hurt you.
I dont feel like putting my foot on the brake,

Onward…

Christian soldiers.

la la la la

I’ll let mine go downhill UNLESS there is another speed limited vehicle already overtaking me. In that case I’ll use the exhaust/foot brake to keep it at the speed I was doing when he/she started the overtake. I’m sure that the HC says something along the lines of not accelerating when someone is overtaking you.

I just do it because it’s the right thing to do.

the maoster:
I’ll let mine go downhill UNLESS there is another speed limited vehicle already overtaking me. In that case I’ll use the exhaust/foot brake to keep it at the speed I was doing when he/she started the overtake. I’m sure that the HC says something along the lines of not accelerating when someone is overtaking you.

Yep same here.
It’s one of those many occasions where you weigh up.a situation and ask yourself that age old question…

‘‘What would Jesus do?.’’.

:smiley:

I forgot to say no trolling please.
As per the rules of the forum if you dont have anything constructive to add

Gods mod? ^^^

Sploom:
I forgot to say no trolling please.
As per the rules of the forum if you dont have anything constructive to add

Please have mercy on my soul.
In fact all are souls, and forgive my poor grandma …(or is it grammar?)

I promise no more random crap oh self appointed mod.

the maoster:
Gods mod? ^^^

Gods…

Squad?

yourhavingalarf:

the maoster:
Gods mod? ^^^

Gods…

Squad?

I preferred the squad one featuring Harley Quinn (Margot Robbie), much hotter and kleenex worthy.

the maoster:

Overtaking if someone is overtaking you maintain your speed or be prepared to ease off to allow them past I think the wording is something along those lines. As you say if someone has started an overtake let them overtake. Then resume and if they are slower then overtake them again.

I had a yellow peril the other night, he must have hit at least 70mph bearing in mind I had overtaken him not long back, truck I was in does 58mph on sat nav he’s limited to 52mph. A couple miles later I just cruised past the ■■■■■■■■ again, it shows how quick he was going to get that far ahead of me. I would imagine knowing what they are like on over speeds and checking them he’s likely to get the boot for that. For what to get past a quicker truck and then be overtaken again cause he has got a crap limited truck.

It’s that mentality most the time of someone is overtaking me I must not let them and cause excessive overtaking. Then again that also comes on to those who can’t get in soon enough when overtaking you and take your nose off or leave you with a face full of trailer instead of leaving a safe gap before pulling back in.

Frankly too many morons on the road.

Sent from my CPH2173 using Tapatalk

Sploom:
Ok,so you’re overtaking me but then we come to a hill and I pick up speed and you dont like it because youre stuck in the middle lane and then you start blowing the horn so Ive got to brake now,even though I dont feel like braking but,hey,weve got someone in such a rage he’s gonna run me into the hard shoulder in a minute if I dont slow down and let him back in.Why cant you stop in the middle for a short time? Its just as wide and it goes the same way as the granny lane.Then,once we get past the downhill you can get past me and back in the granny lane.But whats the big deal? We have a problem with cars hogging the middle lane so why cant you hog the middle just for half a mile .It wont hurt you.

Do you not have an exhaust brake and or foot brake or are able to knock your cruise control down a little bit to help with the overtake.

People who do that kind of stuff are exactly what’s wrong with driving these days.

If someone is overtaking you then maintain your set speed not coasting downhill or ease off to allow them past.

Or carry on being a moron as you were. You have a choice not to hold an overtaking truck out in the middle lane, if you do that it shows exactly what kind of driver you are.

I’ve had trucks do it to me. They can clearly see I’ve gained on them, start to overtake on a hill and then they get their mojo back up and hang you out there for what? Muppets that do that kind of stuff, I just ease off and drop back in and bide my time til the struggle up a suitable hill and overtake them again .

Try being a considerate driver and drive like a real lorry driver in future and maybe just maybe you won’t cause road rage.

esafety.gov.au/young-people … e%20attack.

Simcor.Ive absorbed all of your insults,but what I was getting at was not holding them out in the middle for a long time but just when theres a bit of a downhill,I dont u derstand the mad rush to get back in the left lane.

Sploom:
Simcor.Ive absorbed all of your insults,but what I was getting at was not holding them out in the middle for a long time but just when theres a bit of a downhill,I dont u derstand the mad rush to get back in the left lane.

Insults get a grip!! People who have no consideration for others are morons. Id have thought being a man of God you’d have compassion for others and not make yourself look like an idiot. Clearly I was wrong in that assumption.

Bottom line is you’re the troll here in this case. You just don’t like the answers you get.

Most of us are replying to your comments and I stand by my morons comment quite happily. Not meant as an insult just a statement of the facts.

You’re on a professional drivers forum pretty much advocating for elephant racing and you’re telling other people not to troll :smiley:

Surely this has to be a first :laughing:

I think we should all adopt the spirit of this video and chill out a bit.

youtu.be/OPNEdH5jZDM

Newbies reading this, don’t be a Sploom.

Sploom:

It’s precisely this kind of ■■■■■■■■ driving that has resulted in HGV overtaking bans on the M42, A14 and M11. Doing it on the A66 where I go over a lot you can end up side by side or playing leapfrog the whole way over only to end up at Penrith traffic lights either directly in front of them or directly behind them. Just drop back, let em in.

Highway Code 168

Being overtaken. If a driver is trying to overtake you, maintain a steady course and speed, slowing down if necessary to let the vehicle pass. Never obstruct drivers who wish to pass. Speeding up or driving unpredictably while someone is overtaking you is dangerous. Drop back to maintain a two-second gap if someone overtakes and pulls into the gap in front of you.

these senarios, are why I hated eco-roll enforced on some wagons, you’d be using the incline and then it would level out and drop your speed, to which a foot applied to resolve rather than just sit on reduced cruise speed for what felt like eternity, before it would pick up again, but then a negative on the marks for driving judgemment systems lol,

maybe you just cost that driver their monthly bonus for that one too many overspeeds that only happened because of your oversight, meaning his kids now will starve next month, or they may need to put fido down because they cant afford his medicine… :cry:

not very christian if honest, I actually rely on Fish symbols to tell me if a driver is likely to be decent and manners and poliet, also brake like a ■■■■ if an animal runs out :laughing: , unlike bumper stickers promoting satan :smiling_imp: , that will just mow the fkkers down so need less braking distance between us… gods kids get more space.

if you have a fish on the back of your vehicle…, I feel you should remove it for this !!!