Who Overtakes you the most?

I got overtaken yesterday by a biker wearing west coast hells angel patch…sharp left hand bend, double white line and a 50 mph limit…
Respect…

kindle530:

Big Truck:

kindle530:
Anything Scottish, Irish, and bulkers, someone on here did a post about Mark Thompson, well they do more than 56mph as well.
Funny thing thou, when I’m on the A17 Newark to Kings Lynn, all the Irish and Scottish motors sit at about 45. Maybe they can only drive in straight lines?

Refuse to believe any of our frigo subbies sit@ 45 on the A17!!!
I sit about 50 only slowing for the 40@ the railway crossing.[emoji41]

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

well get yer foot down then BT!! Limiter all the way!

Aye but when I do that I FORGET about the bloody railway!!![emoji28]

Adonis.:
Can’t actually remember the last truck that overtook me on the flat.

Campbell of Carstairs once last week I think.

A.

Yep!! i drive a flying haggis frigo and do quite a bit of bolougne with the fish and can always guarantee that Campbell’s will pass me at some point along with Graeme wardrops scania and centurions

Few of the night truckers chapping on though
Stuart Nicols
Allan Davies of Forfar
Most of the livestock guys
Usual tang spec Irish motors
And of course fellow Scottish fridge hauliers.
Most of the parcel boys who p!ss me off when they commit to an over take then block lane two for mile after mile as the wagon they are overtaking is usually another parcel wagon running about the same speed!!

The one that I’ve noticed a lot recently though has been the 17 plate brakes double decker, my unit goes well but those mercs that they’re using are going even better

About to read the riot act in Tesco Widnes,
here since 5am now gone 830am.
Pull your mirrors and keep the elbows in on M62/M6/A75 shortly as TGX480 gonna be lit for boat.[emoji6]

Long weekend planned til Tue morn!!![emoji41]

mjallby:
Stuart Nicols wagons are fast.

I only do Scotch on a Friday night/Saturday morning, and if I think I’ve got a fast motor,(56/57 on the sat nav), still can’t keep up with SNT.
Mark Thompson are quite fast, but much faster through road works!

Sorry double post.

I be pulling a Mcburney’s fridge as we are a subbie for them. Mostly pass the parcel lads on route to cairnryan…mostly other Irish lads that pass now and again.!

Big Truck:

kindle530:

Big Truck:

kindle530:
Anything Scottish, Irish, and bulkers, someone on here did a post about Mark Thompson, well they do more than 56mph as well.
Funny thing thou, when I’m on the A17 Newark to Kings Lynn, all the Irish and Scottish motors sit at about 45. Maybe they can only drive in straight lines?

Refuse to believe any of our frigo subbies sit@ 45 on the A17!!!
I sit about 50 only slowing for the 40@ the railway crossing.[emoji41]

well get yer foot down then BT!! Limiter all the way!

Aye but when I do that I FORGET about the bloody railway!!![emoji28]

to be honest, I go over that at 40mph fully freighted, and its not advisable, it throws you all over the cab. But yeah, 56mph everywhere else, no problems.

bestbooties:

mjallby:
Stuart Nicols wagons are fast.

I only do Scotch on a Friday night/Saturday morning, and if I think I’ve got a fast motor,(56/57 on the sat nav), still can’t keep up with SNT.
Mark Thompson are quite fast, but much faster through road works!

I used to do a fair amount of nights and couldn’t do owt with SNT trucks even when driving the fastest one that did close on 60mph,
Scotch to Fradley and back in no time! Lol

hardly anyone :grimacing: :grimacing:

Garbage / Rubbish haulers and container ■■■■■ … Usually found in a major accident later.

adokeefe:

Adonis.:
Can’t actually remember the last truck that overtook me on the flat.

Campbell of Carstairs once last week I think.

A.

Yep!! i drive a flying haggis frigo and do quite a bit of bolougne with the fish and can always guarantee that Campbell’s will pass me at some point along with Graeme wardrops scania and centurions

Few of the night truckers chapping on though
Stuart Nicols
Allan Davies of Forfar
Most of the livestock guys
Usual tang spec Irish motors
And of course fellow Scottish fridge hauliers.
Most of the parcel boys who p!ss me off when they commit to an over take then block lane two for mile after mile as the wagon they are overtaking is usually another parcel wagon running about the same speed!!

The one that I’ve noticed a lot recently though has been the 17 plate brakes double decker, my unit goes well but those mercs that they’re using are going even better

Alan Davies ones surprised me, they shift on well.

Nothing worse than a couple of parcel beanos battling it out at 54 :laughing:

A.

DPD going downhill then they are the slowest going uphill
always getting burned off by the royal mail
TNT get a shift on
sawyers subbys are always on a flyer
me on the way to the services with a sweat on if I eat a something dodgy from a burger van :open_mouth:

Well last night was an exception, we have some hired in units one being a Daf and according to GPS app on my phone it’s doing 58mph. Normally I would have said GPS speed probably isn’t that accurate but I didn’t have one single truck overtake me all night, I breezed past everything. An Irish McBurney’s, Royal Fail a Mark Thompson and even a Tarmac Tipper and everything else I passed. Nothing could keep up with this little tiger.

Maybe just the fact that I am used to be sat at 52 or 54 in the two that do 54 and getting passed all night it was a refreshing change. Guess which is going to be my favourite truck if it’s in the yard when I start, once people know it flies it’s going to become everyone’s favourite sadly lol

simcor:
Well last night was an exception, we have some hired in units one being a Daf and according to GPS app on my phone it’s doing 58mph. Normally I would have said GPS speed probably isn’t that accurate but I didn’t have one single truck overtake me all night, I breezed past everything. An Irish McBurney’s, Royal Fail a Mark Thompson and even a Tarmac Tipper and everything else I passed. Nothing could keep up with this little tiger.

Maybe just the fact that I am used to be sat at 52 or 54 in the two that do 54 and getting passed all night it was a refreshing change. Guess which is going to be my favourite truck if it’s in the yard when I start, once people know it flies it’s going to become everyone’s favourite sadly lol

I refuse to believe you passed an Agro/Sawyers Subbie heading for the boat!!![emoji6]

Big Truck:

simcor:

I refuse to believe you passed an Agro/Sawyers Subbie heading for the boat!!![emoji6]

He may not have been heading for the boat but it said Mcburneys and had an Irish plate on it. I don’t care anyway its great overtaking everything as I’ve got it again tonight.

Pass everything on the way down for the top of shap

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Along side you, fur coat open, light on too if its dark, does that count lol ?

simcor:

Big Truck:

simcor:

He may not have been heading for the boat but it said Mcburneys and had an Irish plate on it. I don’t care anyway its great overtaking everything as I’ve got it again tonight.

You may take her down the 75 coming OFF the Cairnryan boats and see if you make the top twenty before you hit the M6!!![emoji28] [emoji6]

at 58 he would only be holding up all of the donegal mafia and 30% of the rest… :slight_smile: