overtaking

came along the M5 today and coming up the hill between J20 and 19 doing 56mph,as I was overtaking a fellow hgv driver doing around 52mph I thought no problem,soon get past,next thing I know hes accelerating to match my speed I was already beside him and he was coming up behind an ASDA lorry so could not go anywhere,eventually he slowed up behind ASDA and carried on behind not even remotely interested in coming out once I passed ASDA,next I came off onto the M4 exactly the same situation again but this time nothing in front of the vehicle I was overtaking,he was doing around 53mph and again I thought soon be passed but no he started accelerating to match me,i eventually got passed him and carried on,the way I see it is if a fellow hgv driver wants to crawl between 50mph and 53mph I don’t have a problem with that but don’t start accelerating when another hgv overtakes,what is the point of it,all it does is cause problems,it seems the mentality is you are not getting past me,it seems a minority like being axxxxxxs

some of those agency drivers get on my nerves as well :angry: :wink:

It seems to start out as a road captain car driver thing which didn’t happen in the days before anyone needed to worry about speed limits or speed limiters.Now obviously more of those car drivers are also becoming truck steering wheel attendants and all taking full advantage of the issues of strictly enforced speed limits and speed limiters.

The usual result of which is often the next level of running at silly slow speeds and then accelerating up to whatever point an overtaking driver decides to give up and go back behind them.Then the zb’s slow down again. :imp: :imp: :unamused:

Carryfast:
It seems to start out as a road captain car driver thing which didn’t happen in the days before anyone needed to worry about speed limits or speed limiters.Now obviously more of those car drivers are also becoming truck steering wheel attendants and all taking full advantage of the issues of strictly enforced speed limits and speed limiters.

The usual result of which is often the next level of running at silly slow speeds and then accelerating up to whatever point an overtaking driver decides to give up and go back behind them.Then the zb’s slow down again. :imp: :imp: :unamused:

agree 100%

2015-04-30-22-01-54-546817257.jpeg

truckman020:
came along the M5 today and coming up the hill between J20 and 19 doing 56mph,as I was overtaking a fellow hgv driver doing around 52mph I thought no problem,soon get past,next thing I know hes accelerating to match my speed I was already beside him and he was coming up behind an ASDA lorry so could not go anywhere,eventually he slowed up behind ASDA and carried on behind not even remotely interested in coming out once I passed ASDA,next I came off onto the M4 exactly the same situation again but this time nothing in front of the vehicle I was overtaking,he was doing around 53mph and again I thought soon be passed but no he started accelerating to match me,i eventually got passed him and carried on,the way I see it is if a fellow hgv driver wants to crawl between 50mph and 53mph I don’t have a problem with that but don’t start accelerating when another hgv overtakes,what is the point of it,all it does is cause problems,it seems the mentality is you are not getting past me,it seems a minority like being axxxxxxs

Carryfast:
.Now obviously more of those car drivers are also becoming truck steering wheel attendants

And there lies the problem with most aspects of crap truck driving today. The reason we see other things as well as the thread subject, that we never used to see once over among truck drivers.
These guys will Never be real drivers as long as their arses have holes in them.

Could be anyone. What a load of bollox some of you spout…

carryfast-yeti:
some of those agency drivers get on my nerves as well :angry: :wink:

Especially when they try to overtake in a lorry that isn’t quick enough, look embarassed and then blame the driver with the full time job.

Tends to be drivers of an elder vintage, who flatly refuse to use cruise control, the mind wanders, foot lifts, you overtake, then the look in the mirror and ■■■■ off. Worse than car drivers doing it, they don’t know how much agg it is to be mucked around, but another “professional driver” should do

Set cruise at 50, let everyone pass me. I get there in a nice, calm way without being outraged by bellends.

MT pulling a Lidl try last night I moved over to let him on, now the ■■■■- keeps me there for chuffin ages.

Well I’m sorry to say no chuffin more I’m getting totally fed up with it so I’ll be staying in the lane for now…

I thought it was going to be this overtake

youtu.be/pp5J74C1D3k

speedyguy:

youtu.be/pp5J74C1D3k

Learnt his trade watching Hell Drivers!

Unbelievable… I thought the motorbike forums were bad at blaming car drivers.

So… If you’ve driven cars all your life but have only waited until now to go for your LGV then you ain’t a trucker?

Guess having Cat C or C+E on your ticket isn’t enough for some other “truckers” eh?

I’ve had HGV for over 25 years and PSV for over 14 years, but never ever used a cruise control. Wouldn’t even know how to use one without the instruction book. I guess I am ‘old skool’ in never truly trusting them enough to actually want to use them.

How many drivers can say they have never become semi comatosed from sitting on boring motorways for hours on end. Not just a question of speeds going up and down, but drivers drifting across the whites too. :open_mouth:

Every time a topic is raised wear a fellow hgv driver does something another doesn’t like on here its automatically assumed he is an agency driver,which makes me wonder if the non agency drivers are all perfect or just don’t have the balls to admit they make mistakes or a wrong judgment. Some of the crap i read here reminds me of spiteful little boys in the plàyground at school.

LIBERTY_GUY:
I’ve had HGV for over 25 years and PSV for over 14 years, but never ever used a cruise control. Wouldn’t even know how to use one without the instruction book. I guess I am ‘old skool’ in never truly trusting them enough to actually want to use them.

:open_mouth: :open_mouth:

100% agree with you truckman020, they get right on my ■■■■ too, pointless.

Muckaway:

truckman020:

not a question of calming down,its bloody annoying when a fellow so called professional decides to wind you up,you expect it from car drivers but not other hgv drivers

speedyguy:

youtu.be/pp5J74C1D3k

tipper driver,what do you expect