Which RDC's do you hate visiting the most?

All of this stuff is pretty awful to deal with, and not helped by some security/shunters, who go too far; but consider why they do it:

Some drivers are thieving gits who will lift anything they can get their hands on. It’s not unknown for them to be in collusion with warehouse staff who can steal stuff but need help to get it away. Back in the day, workers at Longbridge would toss parts over the fence at the back and collect it later on. Drivers on fridge work would steal high-value stuff, put it in a black bag and leave it in a hedge to collect later.

After a few cases of dozy drivers pulling off bays with staff and/or equipment in the back, they have to come up with a foolproof way to stop it or they can be liable for big fines when the ■■■ hits the fan. Taking keys is not enough - as we all know, some drivers will hand in their car keys.

Toilets get vandalised. I used to deliver to a new warehouse at Hams Hall. The toilets were great to start with, but after a week or two I went in and found ■■■ smeared all over the wall. Later on, the seats were wrecked and drivers kept stealing the paper.

That miserable git of a security guard has to spend his day in a little box dealing with rude and arrogant drivers who lie through their teeth to try to get around the rules. They have to put up with being threatened and sworn at, all for minimum wage.

Santa:
All of this stuff is pretty awful to deal with, and not helped by some security/shunters, who go too far; but consider why they do it:

Some drivers are thieving gits who will lift anything they can get their hands on. It’s not unknown for them to be in collusion with warehouse staff who can steal stuff but need help to get it away. Back in the day, workers at Longbridge would toss parts over the fence at the back and collect it later on. Drivers on fridge work would steal high-value stuff, put it in a black bag and leave it in a hedge to collect later.

After a few cases of dozy drivers pulling off bays with staff and/or equipment in the back, they have to come up with a foolproof way to stop it or they can be liable for big fines when the ■■■ hits the fan. Taking keys is not enough - as we all know, some drivers will hand in their car keys.

Toilets get vandalised. I used to deliver to a new warehouse at Hams Hall. The toilets were great to start with, but after a week or two I went in and found ■■■ smeared all over the wall. Later on, the seats were wrecked and drivers kept stealing the paper.

That miserable git of a security guard has to spend his day in a little box dealing with rude and arrogant drivers who lie through their teeth to try to get around the rules. They have to put up with being threatened and sworn at, all for minimum wage.

Pretty depressing all round by the sound of it. Makes me wonder why some co’s take this sort of work on, theres money to be earnt elsewhere rather than have drivers sit around these ■■■■ holes all day…

Santa:

Somebody wiped their arse on the new shower curtain in the drivers’ room at Amazon Dunstable within the first few months of it opening. That was pretty disgusting.

ezydriver:

Santa:

Somebody wiped their arse on the new shower curtain in the drivers’ room at Amazon Dunstable within the first few months of it opening. That was pretty disgusting.

That was me :blush: I thought it was a microfibre towel.

Bloody thing gave me a friction burn on my rusty sherriff’s badge :frowning:

ezydriver:
Somebody wiped their arse on the new shower curtain in the drivers’ room at Amazon

I know it AINT funny really, the dirty ■■■■…But when I read it I spat my beer out over the steering wheel. :laughing:

(Btw…I’m parked up for night not driving. :bulb: :smiley: )

Thank god im not on rdc work. Ive been in live nuclear stations, Munitions depots, RAF and Army bases. Faslane sub base to name a few. Places far more important than a bloody RDC. Most ive had is a sniffer dog in the cab and a metal detector wand waved round me. On the rare occasion ive done anything resembling an RDC if the try mess me about I drive off and dump the machine in the street outside. Our customer can put up with their crap not us. Fortunately my boss is even less patient than me so complaints get a deaf ear.

Morrison’s Stockton

S hole
end of the universe
Pain in the ■■■

UB at Ashby is pretty grim

CraigM:
Thank god im not on rdc work. Ive been in live nuclear stations, Munitions depots, RAF and Army bases. Faslane sub base to name a few. Places far more important than a bloody RDC. Most ive had is a sniffer dog in the cab and a metal detector wand waved round me. On the rare occasion ive done anything resembling an RDC if the try mess me about I drive off and dump the machine in the street outside. Our customer can put up with their crap not us. Fortunately my boss is even less patient than me so complaints get a deaf ear.

Yeah, it’s rare a rigid would go to an RDC anyway.

Lucky isnt it Joe. Couldnt cope with the drop in wages you guys get and the crap conditions you benders put up with.

ItsJoe are you an expert on RDC’s and the types of loads that will be accepted due to the vehicle being used to deliver?
A company will asses the cost of delivery based on potential backloads, if the delivery is 10 pallets and a backload is 18 then it’s cost effective to send an artic, if it’s 3 or 4 why send an artic.

RDC’s any run by the following are crap
Stobarts
DHL
XPO
Wincanton

CraigM:
Lucky isnt it Joe. Couldnt cope with the drop in wages you guys get and the crap conditions you benders put up with.

No offence here mate, but reading this post (which is a great answer btw :smiley: ) and others of yours,…and your sig, you appear to have a slight shoulder chip about being on a rigid.
Just let it go mate, if I was offered a bloody Transit pick up, let alone a four wheeler, for the same money I’m on, and was not ■■■■ taken, I’d be there like a shot.
Nowt clever about driving an artic, so stick to your rigid for the better money.
Just saying.

I dont really. I started posting around the time there was a big slagging match here about class 1 or 2 being better . Im infamous for winding folk up about stuff. If they bite its their issue. They can get all worked up and i walk away chuckling. As you can see Joe fell for it as the mug he is.

switchlogic:
Iceland Swindon. Awful dump

Seconded. Many, many moons ago, I spent 4.5 hours in there to tip 6 pallets.

PRT RaCeR:
‘… And when a security guy asks my name with a wrong attitude, I’m a different guy every day , today I’m Elvis , tomorrow I’m Ronaldo, day after I’m Bond , James Bond…’

I occasionally use ‘C K Watt’ …from the banter that Manuel in Fawlty Towers has with the deaf old duck where his ‘si’ is followed by his ‘que?’ and her ‘what?’ - and her concluding “stupid, little man” - which I suppose is what I’m really trying to communicate to any security ■■■■, especially when being asked to ‘sign’ bolleaux :laughing:

CraigM:

Iam about the same as this .

Captain Caveman 76:

ItsJoe:

signal jammers so you can’t even use your phone while waiting

That has to be illegal… Surely?

No, apparently it’s to stop the warehouse lot from checking twitbook (or whatever it’s called) whilst they’re supposed to be slaving away. Sorry, working.

If the prison service ain’t allowed to use them I would think they are illegal
( unless law recently changed)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Harry Monk:
Anything to do with Amazon is ■■■.

Amazon Peterborough. You can go in clean shaven and come out with stubble - I’ve heard a driver threaten to call the police if they didn’t give him his keys back.
Whilst queuing on site I got the impression there was one bloke working in the whole warehouse.
I turned up slightly early once and was told to come back in 15. I came back in 15 and the queue was well beyond the roundabout - I had 2 pallets for them.

Costco at Magna had a waiting area which was minimally walled off from the warehouse - the noise drove me crackers, it was mental torture. They’ve moved now - have a mate who worked there and he said the place was stripped by gyppos within weeks - funny how you couldn’t park up for 5 minutes without that security van moving you on but no one spotted that.

Years ago when driving for a major supermarket, we moved into a new RDC, on the second day it was open a suppler arrived for his booking time of 17 hrs he had nineteen pallets on plus one pallet not booked until 7 o/c the next morning, yes you guessed it they made him pull off and come back at 7 in the morning for the one pallet, give credit, when the boss man found out he went daft at the warehouse staff…

Ossie