JOBSWORTHS

Before I retired from General haulage I had quite a few run ins with jobsworths, mainly on gates at RDCs.
I was recently delivering a brand new Fridge motor to an RDC, the jobsworth on the gate was being officious and totally stupid.
He asked me what I was carrying, I told him nothing, I was delivering the motor." yes but whats on it"he said I tried to get through to him that it wqas empty but the thick [zb] wouldnt have any of it. " what times your booking" he said I tried to explain that I didnt have a booking I was delivering the truck. "I cant let you in without a booking"I finished up signing the notes myself and dumping it at the barrier.
as anyone else had dealings with stupid jobsworths■■?

yep, an RDC in melbourne australia i deliver to quite regularly, we have to pull up to an intercom at the barrier and speak to the receving staff, give them booking code, reg, name, phone number, previous ■■■■■■ partners, passport number, names of cats and dogs etc before they lift the barrier

now, me having a sever stutter, i cant even say me own name at times, im consistently terrible at intercoms and phones, so i always struggle a bit before saying, “listen mate, i cant do this, can i come in and hand you a piece of paper with everything written down that you need to know and we take it from there”

9 times out of 10 i have success with this method with a bit of understanding from the fellow human being and a bit of improvisation we can get this delivery done yeah?

theres one “lady” at this particular RDC that always gives me grief, to the point where theyve tried to ban me for being a troublemaker, the process with her always goes like this (bear in mind shes dealt with me many many times and should know the situation)

her : can i have your booking code please

me : 1234567

her : name

me : b…b…b…b…b…(pause)

her : name?

me : (now airlocked with stutter)

her : i need your name

me : i cant say my name

her : dont you know your own name?

me : yes i do, i cant say my name, can you let me in and ill give you a list on paper

her : i cant let you in without your details, whats your name?

me : i cant say my name i have a stutter

her : but youre talking fine to me now, whats your name?

anyway this goes on and on until i hang up, wait 5 minutes and press it again until i get someone else, as theres 3 or 4 other people work in that office that know me by name, know what freight i have on and know my bloody reg without me having to say boo to them

and this is probably a weekly occurance with this woman

most other DCs i go to i try and tell them right from the start that my speech is FUBAR and can i come up to the gatehouse and give you all the info, and they usually say park up over there drive and come see us no worries

I enjoy jobsworths, especially on gates, they are such good value, you can wrap them up in knots, send them to hell and back just by putting on an act…I love it when you can see by the body-language that they are becoming very angry…

Best bit is when they come out as you are driving in, waving arms and saying “you can`t bring that in here”…I just get out and say “yes I can, it is plain for all to see that this vehicle is indeed in here…Now where do I put this paperwork?” :laughing: :laughing: They can make you wait for being sarcastic, but I have a nice comfortable bed and music, they usually have a plastic cabin and have to wear a coat in winter, so I ask them to give me a knock to wake me when they are ready for me… :laughing: :laughing:
I just love it. :grimacing:

has anyone had dealings with the person in the gatehouse at tesco harlow? top entertainment being booked in by someone with touretts :smiley: i’ve never been called so many names by someone who’s really pleasant! It used to make my night every time.

wibble:
has anyone had dealings with the person in the gatehouse at tesco harlow? top entertainment being booked in by someone with touretts :smiley: i’ve never been called so many names by someone who’s really pleasant! It used to make my night every time.

:smiley: sorry but i can just picture it getting abuse as you sign in, sorry i shouldn’t laugh