What's the score with LMO's currently

I’m also under the impression that unless anything has changed, when you arrive in Canada as a truck driver, you’re merely on a TWP and thats it. If you choose to make use of your provinces scheme to then apply for PNP/PR that’s quite irrelevant to your legal status upon arrival.

That sounds about right from what I’ve read.
Getting on the pnp is still the key if you want to stick around, you just need to be well prepared with your paperwork!
A few companies I’ve been in touch with have gone alarmingly quiet, I know they are busy but I hate being in limbo, house is sold etc … Pretty much the day I was ready to take a job offer the reform kicked in !!! :neutral_face:

Having read this esdc.gc.ca/eng/jobs/foreign_ … ndex.shtml
It looks like the moratorium on LMO’s has been lifted? I think employers now need to reapply for LMIA’s ? Again does anyone have any inside info on this? Cheers and fingers crossed

LMIA have replaced the LMO no difference really

taffytrucker:
LMIA have replaced the LMO no difference really

Apart from the cost :laughing: :laughing:

Another change …
Are truckers high or low skilled workers?
This could be really interesting if classed as low skilled
esdc.gc.ca/eng/jobs/foreign_ … rict.shtml

Think I’ve confused myself
This is for low “wage” jobs which I think drivers fall in to ?
I imagine things will change with maybe an exemption for truckers but I’ll be looking at a plan b I think, at least till things settle down

Dereko:
Another change …
Are truckers high or low skilled workers?
This could be really interesting if classed as low skilled
esdc.gc.ca/eng/jobs/foreign_ … rict.shtml

Looking at the tables on that site, you stand a much better chance of getting a LMIA in Manitoba, rather than AB, SK or BC because they have the lowest unemployment and lowest median wage.

Yeah I’d agree with that. It’s a real bummer as I’ve focused all efforts on AB Including a trip out there etc
Any tips on MB Co’s that would be worth approaching ? I’m pretty much starting over with the research so any help much appreciated

ye m8 try agritel Winnipeg they do lmo run quite bit California never worked 4 em so don’t know what they really like gd luck :smiley:

Thanks bud I’ll give them a call later on today :slight_smile:

Sorry, can’t help you there but others on here from MB, you only have to stay until PR, then you can go where you want.
Check Kijiji for jobs or jobbank.ca, indeedjobs.ca

We’re looking up companies all over!!
:smiley:
Seems a lot of them are putting applications in for LMIA’s so I’m sure I’ll be out in canada somewhere soon;)