What to expect from my first VOSA stop?

Nothing major.

Normally just tell me I have done a couple of 4hr34min drives and I should plan better blah blah blah.

Just remembered, got pulled on the m4 last year. Bimbling along quite happily, when a wasp overtook me, pulled in front with his follow me light on, and pulled onto the hard shoulder. I followed him on, cursing at a stupid place to stop. When we pulled up at the piggy pen, he came over and asked what I was doing on the h/s - following you like your sign said. He looked back, said ‘oh ■■■■, sorry left it on, off you go sorry about that!’

I hate to be the one to break this to you son. But you have to know.
They will put you in the back of a van and ask you a serious of algebra questions whilst shining a torch in your eye.
They will then repeatedly sodomise you whilst nibbling your toes, requesting that you call them daddy.
After this, you are put on a six month contract in which you must solve mysteries in a van with Elvis (who is not dead) and friends Simon and Dale cheese on the moon.
Failure to comply results in an intense tickling by all vosa officers for approx 7 hours.

Chances are if you drive a UK registered truck you’ll never be stopped so I wouldn’t worry if I were you

Simmons84:
Well as the title says really what can I expect, been driving 4 months but luckily never been stopped, but then there’s always a first time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How long is a piece of string ? You don’t always get the same check each time ,depends who’s there and where ,could be full monty ,Dwp,tachos ,customs ,police ,trading standards ect ect ,all of them or not ,could be just tyres n tachos on your way .

I’ve been stopped twice they ain’t to bad to be honest.

Check the vehicle over everything fine.

Take ur digital card out and download your tachograph machine.

I had few infringements as I had just started driving.
They where fine as it was genuine mistakes.

Think they are only going to hammer you are blatantly running bent and taking ■■■■.

Most days I go over dartford crossing or tunnel 9 times out 10 it’s foreign trucks getting stopped.

Punchy Dan:

Simmons84:
Well as the title says really what can I expect, been driving 4 months but luckily never been stopped, but then there’s always a first time

How long is a piece of string ? You don’t always get the same check each time ,depends who’s there and where ,could be full monty ,Dwp,tachos ,customs ,police ,trading standards ect ect ,all of them or not ,could be just tyres n tachos on your way .

You won’t get customs, trading standards and vosa at same time.

dri-diddly-iver:

Casual Observer:

Radar19:
. I normally open the fire boxes on a Monday and give it a good ■■■■■■■■■ then again when I have to collect an ADR load.

:open_mouth: :open_mouth: :unamused:

Now nobody would take that statement out of context , would they? :wink:

Dipperdave might :stuck_out_tongue:

Nope not me, although giving ones firebox a thourough ■■■■■■■■■ on a regular basis is essential, as well as checking ones bucket carries all the critical equipment in case of a spillage.
Other things like ensuring the paperwork has been completed for your walk round checks is good practice as well as leaving the ignition on to show willing if pulled.

In reality if you keep your tackle in good order and adopt a submissive pose when being tugged the chances of a lighter touch being applied by the DVSA official is greatly improved.

Being aggresive and arsey will be met with ones buttocks being in a sling and complications will arise coupled with a deep search into ones antics that will make your eyes water.

So in the unlikely event your confronted with the ‘follow me’ sign simply do as your told and everything should be fine.

Themoocher:

Punchy Dan:

Simmons84:

its called a multi agency check .

I had a follow me sign flash up near Grimsby a bit back. It was 16:10 and my deadline for collection was 16:30 at the docks (next roundabout). Initial formalities then I asked how long I would be and explained that I had a deadline and may have to make an immediate phone call. They did a 30 second check, on a green light - away you go :unamused: could have done with a delay really because that collection meant I worked for another 2 hours :imp: I’m not hourly paid :stuck_out_tongue:

Had other stops but never a problem, run legal = no worries :wink:

Punchy Dan:

Themoocher:

Punchy Dan:

Simmons84:

Regularly customs, and an immigration vans in our local check point in Hatfield.

Themoocher:

Punchy Dan:

Simmons84:

Sometimes you do. They’ll check everything from if you’re claiming benefits to licence to hours

As said dont fail the attitude test.Try to be polite and co-operative with them and you will soon be on your merry way.I usuallydo bus work and meet the Ministry at football stadiums and race courses,I have seen and heard some drivers giving the inspectors a pieceof their minds,it doesnt end well :frowning:

Punchy Dan:

Themoocher:

Punchy Dan:

Simmons84:

Your never going get all 3 agencies together the same time unless your caught doing something your not suppose be doing on a ferry.

Even then customs or trading standards aren’t interested in the road worthiness of vehicles just type of fuel.

switchlogic:
Chances are if you drive a UK registered truck you’ll never be stopped so I wouldn’t worry if I were you

Depends where you are on the OCRS to a large degree, although they do still stop trucks at random, I was heading northbound on the M5 a couple of years back and there were three motorcycle coppers on the on slip, and they had obviously decided to pull the next three trucks to come along, of which I was the middle one, despite me being green/green on OCRS.

Luckily it’s a fair way to the Tiverton checkpoint so I had time to hide the magnet under the bed. :stuck_out_tongue:

Themoocher:
I’ve been stopped twice they ain’t to bad to be honest.

Check the vehicle over everything fine.

Take ur digital card out and download your tachograph machine.

I had few infringements as I had just started driving.
They where fine as it was genuine mistakes.

Think they are only going to hammer you are blatantly running bent and taking ■■■■.

Most days I go over dartford crossing or tunnel 9 times out 10 it’s foreign trucks getting stopped.

Been stopped twice ey ,hmm I can’t think of many places I’ve not been stopped at .

Themoocher:
Your never going get all 3 agencies together the same time unless your caught doing something your not suppose be doing on a ferry.

Even then customs or trading standards aren’t interested in the road worthiness of vehicles just type of fuel.

How many times do you need to be told multi agency checks do in fact happen? By people whose experienced them. Of course customs aren’t interested in road worthiness, that’s why it’s a MULTI AGENCY CHECK!

switchlogic:

Themoocher:

How many times do you need to be told multi agency checks do in fact happen? By people whose experienced them. Of course customs aren’t interested in road worthiness, that’s why it’s a MULTI AGENCY CHECK!

What we’re you doing when you got a multi agency check

Themoocher:

switchlogic:

Themoocher:

What we’re you doing when you got a multi agency check

Driving down a road it was on. They didn’t set it up just for me. Read Commercial Motor, big multi agency check normally get reported on with facts and figures.

I’ve been pulled twice in less than 12 months, never found anything wrong and as said they were polite and friendly, the only problem I have with them is they always seem to stop you when your only just going to make a timed delivery. Both times I ended up missing my booking time