My first pull

Got pulled in by vosa today it was my first time… :blush: just came off the M11 at jnc 7 for Harlow and as I went round the roundabout there they were got waved in they only asked me a couple of questions didn’t even want to see my tacho then they said thank you driver your free to go now… :sunglasses: let’s hope it’s that easy next time… :laughing:

Ah yeah I remember mine too

Both married to different people now, so no names, no pack drill. :smiley:

Well you must have passed the ‘Attitude Test’, friendly and polite gets you a long way with most law enforcement types.

^^^ What he said.

You’re not on for Maritime are you? Some firms have a ‘green light’ and rarely get pulled and when they are, they’re usually a cursory look over.

mucker85:
Well you must have passed the ‘Attitude Test’, friendly and polite gets you a long way with most law enforcement types.

Except Norfolk lol

I got pulled in around that same area, motorbike plod thought i was overloaded so got the follow me bs to the vostapo checkpoint/weighbridge were they found that i was well within the max weight, as i was loaded with foam used for the cushions in car seats weighed all of about 2-4tonnes of the 9tonnes payload, (18tonner) but they also wanted to check my charts as well , to which they found nothing of concern , I asked them if i could complete my rest period before moving off, :laughing: :laughing: should of seen the look on the wheel tappers face , Some of them are just miserable (zb’s) so matter how to talk to them power hungry little hitlers no wonder they get the name Vostapo, the (zb’s) have earned it

There’s no such thing as an attitude test nowadays, it’s simply down to targets. I’ve had several of those non existent checks this year alone. It just means they’ve met their targets and are just killing time pretending to look busy. Similarly if they’re struggling at the end of the day you WILL be getting a prohibition, no exceptions.

By all means be pleasant but don’t kid yourself it’s going to make a blind bit of difference.

But saying that I know that if I was Vosa and someone was being sarcastic or I sensed the funny attitude I would indeed try my hardest to catch him on something

Being friendly may not get you off, but being a ■■■■ will definitely get you nicked.

maurice:
By all means be pleasant but don’t kid yourself it’s going to make a blind bit of difference.

Spot on!!!

How very disapointing :frowning:
I thought this would be about picking up some leggy tart who needed a lift and got her knickers off.

Pat Hasler:
I thought this would be about picking up some leggy tart who needed a lift and got her knickers off.

^^^
+1…God I miss those young good looking women who used to hitch hike there way around Irl/UK/Europe in the 1980’s…lol

My first pull was interesting.

I was waiting to drive into a roundabout with lots of traffic going through. Eventually there was a rather large space so I pulled out, only to see VOSA - Follow Me in the back window of the car that had just passed. I crapped myself slightly and followed him into the checkpoint layby.

Turned out that he had been pulling someone coming down the other side on the dual carriageway and he couldnt quite keep up with the galaxy through the roundabout. I was met by big grins and a puzzled looking ford driver who shook his head and shrugged as he walked past my truck to the one he had pulled behind me. I got my charts checked by a quite foxy redhead. The wheeltapper was busy going over a ratty looking 7.5t flatbed so I was sent on my way.

Riverstick:

Pat Hasler:

^^^
+1…God I miss those young good looking women who used to hitch hike there way around Irl/UK/Europe in the 1980’s…lol

Really ? Ohh why was I born so late

I guess that was before there got too many rapists and pedos about

turnip:
Being friendly may not get you off, but being a ■■■■ will definitely get you nicked.

+1

Same goes with Police and a lot of site security, a pleasant attitude certainly makes things easier!

Pat Hasler:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: yeah I wish the closest I got to anything like that was last week when I parked up in Huddersfield and got a knock on the door in the early hours from the local toms but from what I had seen earlier they would have had to pay me… :grimacing:

keebs26uk:

Riverstick:

Pat Hasler:

^^^

Really ? Ohh why was I born so late

I guess that was before there got too many rapists and pedos about

Yeah, in the olden days it was like this every other day :stuck_out_tongue:

jealous i missed out :laughing: :laughing:

Treat people how you would like to be treated yourself simple!