First Vosa pull

Well in my second stint at lorry driving and after just over a year later I got my first Vosa pull today at Sleaford roundabout. Got to be honest the woman was civil enough and I was politeness personified (why rile anyone in authority unless you have to) She downloaded card and asked a few questions and 20 minutes later i was on my way.

Yes always best to try and pass that politeness test.

bald bloke:
Yes always best to try and pass that politeness test.

You’re not wrong on that one. The epitome of politeness all day long no mater how painful.

As my boss says, “their fine when your doing it right”.

Never had a problem with them, just an inconvenience most of the time, useful at other times.

Been stopped about 10 times in my driving career over 30 years, the last time, he pointed a thermometer at my wheel hubs & explained to me that one was running cool, meaning that is wasn’t doing its job, I was amazed by the technology, didn’t realise that you could get a temperature reading with a laser/infrared light without even touching the hub. Got the workshop to adjust the brakes when I got back to the yard.

No drama’s, no GV9’s, no GV10’s just good old fashion advice & I was on my way.

Must be at least 15 years since I had a tug by vosa/ministry, and 1 tug by the filth about 5 years ago.

To be fair to them, they tend to hassle the flip flops and leave us good boys alone.

That’s cool Martin about the laser thermometer thingemebob.

Silver_Surfer:
To be fair to them, they tend to hassle the flip flops and leave us good boys alone

They know who the baduns are! as someone has said, if your doing it right with the right attitude, then there wont be a problem :slight_smile:

B…

Highways agency have the heat cameras mounted on the cab of some 7.5t trucks they run and on poles at the roadside. Used for measuring the road surface temp.

I was tugged in a coach at Perth race course.They had me for no seat belt,I was very contrite and the bus was in good nick so no real drama.Dont upset them or they will spoil your day.

They weren’t amused at sleaford on my 3rd time on the axle weigher to see me still over!however £200 lighter i was on my way.