What car do you drive?

newmercman:
That’s what a Jag should be doing, they’re supposed to be the car for a chap that doesn’t stick around once the deed has been done and what better way to make an escape.

There was a conversion available for the XK8 that gave it supercar performance, I saw, or rather heard one once, coming up the little bit of dual carriageway past the BBC place heading for the A40, OMG, what a noise.

My choice for the V8 would be a Chevy LS conversion rather than a supercharger upgrade on the Jag motor.With the win win of also being easier to fit with a manual box.Which by all accounts in the case of the XK 8 is an expensive nightmare to sort out the engine management when the integrated auto transmission control is taken out of its loop.While the relatively small capacity Jag V8 will always have a more frantic character and power delivery,regardless of the ultimate figures,than either the larger capacity LS or the V12 motors.

With the increasing values of the last of the line 6.0 litre V12 XJS and X 300 saloons at least seeming to confirm that.With a similar situation applying in the case of the Merc 600 V12 types.

I’m not sure about engine swaps, unless you’re doing a sleeper. I like those, there are some mad cars around with incredible performance, I saw a video of a mk1 Golf with a hot 5pot Audi lump that was leaving Nissan GTRs for dead, that has to be a lot of fun.

I’d love to do a Prius with a 6.7 ■■■■■■■ tuned to within an inch of its life, I’d take it to tree hugger events and do burnouts in the car park [emoji48][emoji48][emoji48]

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Pleased to say my weekend toy IS300 has today sailed thru the mot with no advisories … (or whatever they are now called) :slight_smile:

20180718_191305.jpg

raymundo:
Pleased to say my weekend toy IS300 has today sailed thru the mot with no advisories … (or whatever they are now called) :slight_smile:

No advisories? Have you actually looked at the certificate?

Exhaust has a minor leak of exhaust gases (6.1.2 (a))
nearside front rim buckled
Fuel tank straps corroded
Suspension arm corroded but not seriously weakened
All suspension arms corroded, bushes showing signs of age (5.3.3 (b) (i))
Heavy corrosion underneath in various areas

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I saw that lot when I went to pick the car up and asked why they said all was well the evening before was told prior to the May changes they would not even have been mentioned, how long before a scratch on the paintwork is an advisory ■■ But still not bad for a 16 year old car …

I think you’ve been misinformed. The position with “advisories” hasn’t changed under the new regime. But as you say, not bad for a teenager (although looking at the previous test result, the picture clearly wasn’t always quite as rosy…).

Sent from my Hudl 2 using Tapatalk

The car is going up in the air sometime next week for the advisories to be sorted, it had a lot of money spent on it for the previous mot but not by me though invluding the suspension arms so I cant see how they are corroded so soon, Had a look for the buckled front wheel but i’m buggered if I can see it, kerbed maybe but going in for a refurb as soon as I can save up some pennies. One thing they did miss was a slight rustpatch on rear of passenger side sill, water from around the sun roof seal can collect there if the drains are not kept clear and they are prone to rot from the inside out so a visit to the bodyshop is also on the cards …

Roymondo:

raymundo:

Or should read "I’m fishing for some extra work out of this MOT " :wink: :imp:

haha. If the remedial work was being done by them then I would have thought the same …

Roymondo:

raymundo:

Pmsl,If you’re gonna tell porkies best not to tell them about something now easily checkable to all :laughing:

I was going by what I was told over the phone prior to collecting the car the following day , I also know there are some on here who would check a calender if you told them today is Saturday …

55 plate Clio 1.4 to cut about in, 2009 Alfa Romeo Brera S for the weekend

raymundo:
I was going by what I was told over the phone prior to collecting the car the following day , I also know there are some on here who would check a calender if you told them today is Saturday …

You could always sell that ‘valuable cat’ to pay for the repairs. :bulb: :laughing: :laughing:

(Sorry mate couldn’t resist. :blush: :smiley: )

Just got this a couple of weeks ago to run around in.

(Cowboy hat and new shades ordered off Amazon. :laughing: )

robroy:

You could have spent less on a cheapo LDV pickup an it would do the same job … even have enough cash left over to paint it ginger …
:slight_smile:

raymundo:

robroy:

You could have spent less on a cheapo LDV pickup an it would do the same job … even have enough cash left over to paint it ginger …
:slight_smile:

Yeh ok mate, but it’s hardly got the same kudos befitting my cool image. :unamused:
Not so much ‘Smokey and the bandit’ :sunglasses: …more Frank Gallagher and the flytipping. :laughing:
I’m like you with your cats, very selective. :smiley:

robroy:

" Well I’m not the kind to kiss & tell, but I’ve been seen with Farrah…" :grimacing:

Got this one as a back up car for the wife when I’m away and if her car is off the road but as our daughter has now got her provisional license and has had a couple of lessons I asked if she wanted to try it out, did quite well untill I said park it alongside the van and in front of my old BMW, she stopped alright but only after hitting into it … :laughing:

20170618_121941.jpg

20180725_130629.jpg

eagerbeaver:

robroy:

" Well I’m not the kind to kiss & tell, but I’ve been seen with Farrah…" :grimacing:

Back to the old van for work now, after the boy gave me a sob story about his motor blowing up, so he’s bought (or rather stole :unamused: ) the pick up from me.
A Citroen Berlingo aint got the same pose rating. :frowning:

robroy:
Back to the old van for work now, after the boy gave me a sob story about his motor blowing up, so he’s bought (or rather stole :unamused: ) the pick up from me.
A Citroen Berlingo aint got the same pose rating. :frowning:

This is a pick up.I drove this and some others as a chassis/cab from Southampton docks and road tested the finished product.440 ci petrol V8 they were great motors to drive. :wink: :smiley:

fire-engine-photos.com/picture/number3312