What kind of car do you drive?

Looking to buy a new car, what you’s all driving?

range rover and a couple of campervans…go big or go home :slight_smile:

I’ve got a diesel focus. Looking at changing it though, as it’s a 14 plate so too old to go into London

OVLOV JAY:
I’ve got a diesel focus. Looking at changing it though, as it’s a 14 plate so too old to go into London

Is that right a 5 yr old car is too old for their effin ridiculous regs? :open_mouth:
Pleased I live 300 mile from that ■■■■ hole, and that aint far enough.
Bloody ridiculous. :smiling_imp:

My boy has just bought himself an Audi A5, so I’m trying to persuade him to sell me back the Nirvana pick up truck that he ‘‘stole’’ off me last year, but the tight little git wants top dollar for it. :smiling_imp:
:laughing:
At least I won’t have to dig out my cowboy boots, and shades, and invest in a stetson now anyway. :laughing:

robroy:

OVLOV JAY:

Is that right a 5 yr old car is too old for their effin ridiculous regs? :open_mouth:
Pleased I live 300 mile from that [zb] hole, and that aint far enough.

I’ve got a 15 plate Euro 5 petrol Zafira.I don’t live in London,( around 15 miles is enough luckily ‘so far’ ).But can’t register it with Uber,to do Gatwick taxi work in my own bleedin County,because Uber only allows TfL registered taxis to do Gatwick work for them and TfL won’t allow anything less than Euro 6 to be newly registered for private taxi work. :imp: :unamused:

robroy:

OVLOV JAY:

Pleased I live 300 mile from that [zb] hole, and that aint far enough.

Yep. Petrols have to be 06 or newer, diesels have to be euro 6, which was mandatory from 2015. Although a few prestige brands like bmw, Merc and Audi were producing euro 6 engines in 2013 models onwards

When going to work bearing in mind it’s a 216 mile commute each way it’s a Merc E350 cdi Avantgarde but me toy for playing is a Lexus IS 300, Renault Trafic van for shifting ■■■■ or when in granddad mood a diesel Renault Clio I bought for the wife as her spare car but she never used it … got a 1997 dead BMW 2.5 tdi at the back of the house if that counts as well … plus two ride on lawn mowers … :slight_smile:

raymundo:
got a 1997 dead BMW 2.5 tdi at the back of the house if that counts as well … plus two ride on lawn mowers … :slight_smile:

How solid and how cheap is the BMW and is it a 5 series. :smiley:

youtube.com/watch?v=pO2H5UHHfN8

I drives a 18 plate Euro Cat 6 Kia Niro hybrid and I still have my old 1999 Rover 75 :grimacing:

Carryfast:

raymundo:
got a 1997 dead BMW 2.5 tdi at the back of the house if that counts as well … plus two ride on lawn mowers … :slight_smile:

No it started of life as a 1.8 four pot 3 series compact but had loads of money spent on it by my grandson who put a 2.5 turbo lump in it and upgraded all the brakes drive train etc etc. Have receipts for over £17000 but some scrote put a brick through the passi window about 5 or 6 year ago and nicked the rather expensive head unit out of it, lost interest in it after then and been sitting since being attacked by the sea air which is about 100 metres away. Two or three times every year I stick a battery on it and fire her up and it runs fine but now I think basically it’s scrap … shame really :frowning: :frowning: :frowning:

raymundo:

Carryfast:

No it started of life as a 1.8 four pot 3 series compact but had loads of money spent on it by my grandson who put a 2.5 turbo lump in it and upgraded all the brakes drive train etc etc. Have receipts for over £17000 but some scrote put a brick through the passi window about 5 or 6 year ago and nicked the rather expensive head unit out of it, lost interest in it after then and been sitting since being attacked by the sea air which is about 100 metres away. Two or three times every year I stick a battery on it and fire her up and it runs fine but now I think basically it’s scrap … shame really :frowning: :frowning: :frowning:

Blimey that’s a lot of money to spend on a 2.5 3 series at the end of the day. :open_mouth:

That E39 with an LS conversion would have cost a lot less than that in total and is about as good as it gets.With the bonus of being a lot cheaper than a VXR8 and better than the small over complicated variable valve M5 V8.

adammur:
Looking to buy a new car, what you’s all driving?

Audi s3. With the 2 litre turbo charged petrol engine kicking out 310bhp to all four wheels, it takes you from 0 to 60mph in a little over four seconds. You’ll have to spend a lot more money if you want to go faster.

Stick it in eco mode and you get 30+mpg around town and 50+ cruising on the motorway.

And all from a small family hatchback. :smiley:

dieseldog999:

Would you also give a “fair price” on transactions over scrap metal■■?

AndieHyde:

dieseldog999:

Would you also give a “fair price” on transactions over scrap metal■■?

Why not visit his office? I’m sure he’ll PM you it’s (current) parking place.
[emoji5]

Carryfast:

raymundo:

Carryfast:

Blimey that’s a lot of money to spend on a 2.5 3 series at the end of the day. :open_mouth:

Behind the back seats is enough electronics to power the space shuttle and have no idea of what half of it did, and the wheels cost £1500, think me grandson had more money than sense. Race tuned engine with polished ports and new turbo from Germany, Brembo and Green Stuff brakes etc etc blah blah. Next time home will have to dig out the receipts …

2001 skoda Octavia, 1.9 diesel two hundred and twenty thousand miles, only service items and I x alternator, oh and I x turbo after the boy tried racing an audi,

hotel magnum:
2001 skoda Octavia, 1.9 diesel two hundred and twenty thousand miles, only service items and I x alternator, oh and I x turbo after the boy tried racing an audi,

I was running a 2000 Passat 1.9 diesel. Same car basically.
Battery, tyres and cambelt, plus some small rubber pipes perish throwing up sensor failure messages.
Sold it with 185k mls for £200 less than bought 5yrs previously. 50mpg plus over it time with me.

2001 2lt Mondeo.Only 115bhp but chugs along at 50 mpg.As above,replaced alternator 2 years ago,otherwise routine wear and tear.Parked up in UK now after return from Spain.Nice shiny red machine.

Y reg 2ltr Auto Honda Accord hatch back £800
Nice comfy motor with cruise control and climate control
Also getting a 2007 SWB Transit to convert in to a day/night camper

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk