So what do you drive............... when you're not working?

We’ve had the what do you drive for work post but now Following on from Rob K’s ‘Rover’ post, what does everyone drive when they’re not working? (unless you’re Chris Eubank and have a personal Peterbuilt!)

For me its a 1998 Classic Mini Cooper, S works converted.

:smiley: Daewoo Matiz SE (Yeah, that crap make. :laughing: Ho hum.)

Bought one new in '99 and not a thing went wrong with it. (Unless counting a change of a bulb. Twice) Till it got written-off in April '05 Due to another car driver.

I like it cos it’s small, yet still a 5 doors.(I like to increase the chances of any passengers escaping in the event of an accident. So i never by cars with any less doors. :laughing: ) Has twin airbags. And is economical on fuel. Don’t care what make it is after that much. Just happy if it doesn’t fall apart.

So when it got written-off, i replaced it with the same car. Two years younger. With 64 000 less on the clock. (Not the same colour tho :cry:)

I won’t be buying another one when this one dies!

HONDA CRF 250x 2005 Model with all the extras :wink:
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

And an Omega estate,
which is`nt quite as much fun as racing the bike.

:smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :sunglasses:

:blush: Sorry to be pedantic, but am i the only one having difficulty editing my posts? Just me then. Ive been wanting to edit the word “economical” which i have spelt wrong. :blush: Who cares? I do! :smiling_imp: Anyway, returning i still cannot do so. NSH. Please can you edit this when i have discovered a way to change it. :laughing: Now back to the post…Sorry! :blush: Arrrrggggghhhhh…Ive been able to change it . Can you delete nowish please? :laughing: And i shall try never to make anymore mistakes again

a Rover :wink:

WOW :exclamation:
A real ‘Classic’ Mini followed by a real ‘Classic’ Land Rover … Very envious of either of you :wink: :grimacing:

For us (Kate and Me) it’s a Ford Focus 2.0 Street Edition or a Jeep Warngler with raised suspension and big tyres for off road fun.

sc.groups.msn.com/tn/F5/B1/Truck … /4/149.jpg
sc.groups.msn.com/tn/F5/B1/Truck … /4/121.jpg

landrover defender 90 county station wagon 300 tdi :laughing:
for on and off road fun

Apart from driving the wife up the wall,it’s a v -reg renault clio. :laughing: :laughing:

2005 ford focus c-max 1.6 tdi

had it 4 weeks now and very impressed with it.
never liked ford in the past but had one as a hire car through work for a week
and was suitably impressed . polar ford in york were very helpful and wanted to actually sell me a car , unlike a lot of other dealers in york.they were the only dealer to offer me a test drive.
i NEVER thought i would say this but i would now recomend a ford.

Ford Fiesta Zetec S and one of these

2003 wait for it…

Skoda Fabia 1.9SDi (the i is the important bit!!)

Top motor although a little plastic inside does loads to the gallon and is really handy being a diesal when you park next to the fuel bunker…ahem only jokeing of course!!!
:smiling_imp:

1991 Toyota Masterace Surf 2.0 Td 4X4. Japanese import. Seven seats, 4 sunroofs, twin air-con/climate control, Ice/cool/■■■■■■■, 0-60 in a bank holiday weekend and only 35mpg (on biodeisel) but fun and practical. Other half is a market gardener and we have 3 dogs & 2 kids. Everything fits in it, and it’s good off road around the field!

Also a V reg Astra Td estate - HORRIBLE :imp: :imp: :imp:

At the weekend I drive a Vectra 1.9CDti, Averages 50mpg whatever speed you drive at :smiley: :sunglasses:
During the week I drive a Ford Ranger Pickup (company car) which averages 20mpg on a long motorway run :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Then when I want to go fast I borrow the wifes car. She has an Astra Coupe Bertoni edition 2.2. Good for best part of double the speed limit :blush: and will average 40mpg on a long run. Although it is a bit thirsty when you have a heavy right foot :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

I wish I could swap the Ranger for a Scania again. :cry: At least the scania did 8mpg with 30 ton on the back !! :smiley:

As we live out in the sticks, when we moved here, one of the sports cars had to go … guess who’s? :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

So now I have a Mitsubishi Pajero with all the bells and knobs.
Wifey PX’d her two year old MX5 last September for another new top of the range one simply so she could get the number plate MX5 4 *** (her initials)
Only problem is when WE go out in it, I have to walk to the bottom of the lane as it grounds otherwise :cry: :cry: :cry:

I have a Mitsubishi Pajero 2800 tdi exceed :smiley:

i have a couple of things that i drive when not “at work.” i just got a 2002 ford windstar. why? cause kids, wife, and all that is needed to take them anywhere. it has 2 a/c’s in it. dual sliding doors. and the thing likes to go fast. without the cruise on i really have to pay attention to keep it at a somewhat legal pace. only 20 mpg though. i also have a 2001saturn four door car. not sure what model it is. 35 mpg+. it’s a boring cheap car. and a bmw 650gs. pride and joy here. it’s comfortable, reliable, heated grips, abs, yadda yadda yadda, it’s a good bike.

1996 Ford ■■■■■■ 1.6 LX Hatchback. Bought it in April 2000 with only 25,000 mls on the clock. Now its only done about 63,000. Well pleased with it. In time woul like a Focus Ghia BUT thats got to wait until the Wife as finished decorating.

I have a Laguna as the family car, but normally drive the Honda Prelude with 4 wheel steer - she has 180k on the clock but is still going strong. (I will wish I hadn’t wrote that now!!) :astonished: :astonished: :angry: :laughing:

51 plate 406LX, nice big car, a bit sluggish unless you wind up the engine, but reasonable economy from the size. And it has electric everything and AIRCON!!! :smiley: Gods I love that aircon when I get back to the depot at lunchtime… :smiling_imp:

A 1994 BMW 320i or (when I can afford the diesel) a 1971 Atkinson Borderer!