Welsh Border and Mid Wales Hauliers 1950's onwards

Tracy you are a STAR,Im sure everyone on here will agree, Youve done a cracking job, Regards Larry.

rward:
Tracy brilliant photos once again we all miss dave but you do the same brilliant job regards rowly

OK Rowly now where is this fine Tilt trailer you’ve refurb’d ? :wink: Cheers Dennis.

Lovely photos Tracy
please keep them coming whenever your on your travels

Enjoyed taking the photos so use to having the camera out for lorry photos . I always pleased Dave when we were out and about together. .I still have a few more to post from yesterday . Will post in the next few days .

Hi bewick tilt nearly finished bit of wiring and trailor box on side then mot .then mot my 141 wat a combination looks brilliant. Load for Italy then ah ah any offers to take it shouldn’t be long now always something to do regards rowly

Great photo’s Tracey. Thanks for posting them.
Rowly, looking forward to seeing your 141 and the tilt hooked up ready to roll. What a rush that would be driving down to the M4 through Rhiwderin etc to Tredegar Park, through the tunnels up the bank and away to go. Severn Bridge here we come, hold on tight.

Regards Paul

Many thanks for the photos, Tracy. Some of the names & liveries bring back memories and I know Dave would be particularly pleased that you captured a few of his old mates.
Keep up the good work! Casey

Thanks for posting those photos Tracey. Keeps Dave upmost in our thoughts. Best wishes, Jim.

Hi Tracy ,good to hear from you ,and great shots , keep them coming and dont be a stranger , regards Keith .

neil rich:
hi keith here is a pic of knills 6 wheeler albion in the background with what looks like tow bar the pic is clarice habberleys kimos widow who is in pic with one of bills short lived dodges which you could hear miles away pic is clarices

Hi Neil, great shots i can remember those Dodges looks like they did steel work with them . At the same time Roberts of Knighton had a couple and those didnt last long either . Was Penybont market still open when you loaded stock with Middletons ?thanks ,Keith .

Well done Tracey for a cracking set of photos,I have a feeling this thread has still got plenty to offer.R.I.P Dave sadly missed.

hi keith penybont market never opened after the foot and mouth it was used as a collecting centre but didnt last long it was the best market brightwells had for numbers and stock sadly missed these were taken at market

penybont market

penybont

Great pictures Tracey, thanks for keeping in touch.

Anyone else remember having to lift livestock bodies on and off two or three times a week instead of just swapping trailers?

block and tackle on gantry at front jack up back of box and put on drums pic of them behind leyland

My father used a block and tackle gantry at the front to lift a cattle box off and use a jack at the back and then rest the box on two 45 gallon drums with timber blocks to have enough clearence to get out .This was first with a 20foot box and then a 25foot box and could be done ud to 3 times a day

a picnic many years ago in the shade

ianto:
My father used a block and tackle gantry at the front to lift a cattle box off and use a jack at the back and then rest the box on two 45 gallon drums with timber blocks to have enough clearence to get out .This was first with a 20foot box and then a 25foot box and could be done ud to 3 times a day

We used to do exactly the same thing when I worked at H.C. Sadlers of Pembridge many moons ago. This was carried out before my time there on cattle boxes, but we used the same method for lifting on and off fridge boxes on four and six wheeler flats and small artic trailers. One day we’d be delivering Woodcemair out of Shobdon on a flat, the next day on the fridge box for City Meats at Cockshutt or Sun Valley in Hereford. Great days and a great boss.