Welsh Border and Mid Wales Hauliers 1950's onwards

A Daf LF curtainsider, seen on the A438 near Staunton on Wye, Herefordshire.

Richard Eggerton in his Volvo FM eight legger, seen on the A438 near Staunton on Wye, Herefordshire.

A Volvo FH artic tipper, seen on the A438 at Letton, Herefordshire…

A Scania roach coach, seen on the A4111 near Eardisley, Herefordshire.

A Daf XF artic tipper, seen on the A4111 at Eardisley, Herefordshire.

A Volvo FH artic tipper, seen on the A4111 in Eardisley, Herefordsire.

My old mate John Tozer in Radbournes Daf LF tipper, seen on the A44 near Kington.

B M Powell of Sutton St Nicholas, near Hereford ran these two and others.
Photo courtesy of Steve Powell.

One of Phil Morris eight wheeler tippers, seen on the A44 on the Welsh Border near Kington.

TNUK member Loggo in his Scania six wheeler, seen on the A44 near the Gore quarry, Radnorshire.

Seen in a North Herefordshire yard.

Dave the Renegade:

There a blast from the past Dave ,can remember the Ford , but not the Guy . Did they not at one time haul out of Hereford tiles at Withington ? regards Keith

kingswinford kit:

Dave the Renegade:

There a blast from the past Dave ,can remember the Ford , but not the Guy . Did they not at one time haul out of Hereford tiles at Withington ? regards Keith

I will ask Steve who is a Son of the firm’s late owner. The family emigrated to New Zealand in the early 1970’s where Steve drive’s trucks Keith.
Cheers Dave.

Dave the Renegade:

kingswinford kit:

Dave the Renegade:

I will ask Steve who is a Son of the firm’s late owner. The family emigrated to New Zealand in the early 1970’s where Steve drive’s trucks Keith.
Cheers Dave.

thanks Dave , and also for posting a evocative pic . regards Keith

kingswinford kit:

Dave the Renegade:

kingswinford kit:

Dave the Renegade:

Cheers Dave.

thanks Dave , and also for posting a evocative pic . regards Keith

Hopefully Steve will dig some more out Keith. I have been lacking some old pics to post.
Cheers Dave.

Just heard this evening that Shaun Layton from Kington, who owned this Ford Continental has sadly passed away.
RIP Shaun.

Dave the Renegade:

Just heard this evening that Shaun Layton from Kington, who owned this Ford Continental has sadly passed away.
RIP Shaun.

Hi dave,
Am very sorry to read that.i got to know Shaun well over the past 8 or 9 years.he was a regular on the show circuit.rip mate.
Regards andrew.

pete 359:

Dave the Renegade:

RIP Shaun.

Hi dave,
Am very sorry to read that.i got to know Shaun well over the past 8 or 9 years.he was a regular on the show circuit.rip mate.
Regards andrew.

He will be missed by a lot of people Andrew. A truly nice bloke. Condolences to all Shaun’s family.
Dave & Tracy.

An Iveco eight wheeler tipper,seen on the A44 Kington bypass.

A Foden Alpha artic bulk tipper, seen on the A44 on Kington bypass.