Welsh Border and Mid Wales Hauliers 1950's onwards

cattle wagon man:

Dave the Renegade:

A Daf CF artic tipper,seen on the A49 near Craven Arms.

Hi Dave,
Thanks for displaying the continuous variety of photographs. They are always interesting to see.

The DAF CF artic tipper belongs to Loud Vale Haulage from Garstang , Between Lancaster and Preston.

Cheers, cattle wagon man.

Been through Garstang Roy, when we had a holiday at Heysham a few years ago, went through there when we went to Fleetwood for the day.
Cheers Dave.

A ERF artic,seen on the A49 near Woofferton,in Shropshire.

Dave the Renegade:

tastrucker:

tastrucker:

Retired Old ■■■■:

tastrucker:

Dave the Renegade:

tastrucker:

Dave the Renegade:

A Scania eight legger flatbed with a hay rack, seen on the A49 at Leebotwood, Shropshire.

hello Dave thats Corbetts from Malpas , he s gone to Scanias after ERFs thank you Trevor

Thanks for the info Trevor. Do they pull a drag with it ?
Cheers Dave.

hello again dave not sure if that pulls a drag , but there ERFs did some of them were chinese 6 twin steers thank you trevor .

Like this?0

Hello dave and Rof, yes that had a few like that . and ran several ERFs over the years thank you very much for posting it
corbetts did a lot of straw from the cotswolds and mid wales trevor

hello again dave from down your way do you remember Ball of madley i think it was ,
They had some drags on straw work thank you Trevor

Yes remember them well Trevor with their green wagon & drags with a yellow stripe around the cab. I don’t think they do much hay & straw nowadays. They have a big store of rock salt and concentrate on that. The son runs the business these days I think. There was a big write up in the Hereford Times last year about the Dad and how long he had been trading etc.
Cheers Dave.

Ball i think started with Commer 2 strokes regards Keith

kingswinford kit:

Dave the Renegade:

tastrucker:

tastrucker:

Retired Old ■■■■:

tastrucker:

Dave the Renegade:

tastrucker:

Dave the Renegade:

A Scania eight legger flatbed with a hay rack, seen on the A49 at Leebotwood, Shropshire.

hello Dave thats Corbetts from Malpas , he s gone to Scanias after ERFs thank you Trevor

Cheers Dave.

hello again dave not sure if that pulls a drag , but there ERFs did some of them were chinese 6 twin steers thank you trevor .

Like this?0

Hello dave and Rof, yes that had a few like that . and ran several ERFs over the years thank you very much for posting it

hello again dave from down your way do you remember Ball of madley i think it was ,

Yes remember them well Trevor with their green wagon & drags with a yellow stripe around the cab. I don’t think they do much hay & straw nowadays. They have a big store of rock salt and concentrate on that. The son runs the business these days I think. There was a big write up in the Hereford Times last year about the Dad and how long he had been trading etc.
Cheers Dave.

I think he had some Bedford TK’s among other motors in the 60’s Keith.
Cheers Dave.

Some of the Dolyhir/Strinds lorries, seen on the A49 tipping tarmac at Monkland, Leominster.

Dave the Renegade:

kingswinford kit:

Dave the Renegade:

tastrucker:

tastrucker:

Retired Old ■■■■:

tastrucker:

Dave the Renegade:

tastrucker:

Dave the Renegade:

Cheers Dave.

Like this?0

Cheers Dave.

I think he had some Bedford TK’s among other motors in the 60’s Keith.
Cheers Dave.

Cheers Dave can not remember the TKs but do remember his F88 Volvo and drag regards Keith

Yes remember the F88 Keith, he had a variety of wagons over the years in various sizes.
Cheers Dave.

toyotat:
hello dave,do you know who runs the ex ralph davies truck.on way through welshpool yesterday(0630) i spotted it not for the first time .think its something like n888rdf a left ■■■■■■

cheers darren

It belongs to Graham Jones. N888 was originally T111, he also still has the original N888 in his yard.

Trevor Pounder with Tony Lewis Daf CF waiting to tip tarmac on the A49 at Monkland, Leominster.

Another of the local lorries waiting to tip at Monkland.

One of C W Griffiths Volvo’s tipping tarmac into the machine on the A49 at Monkland.

Coming through the end of the resurfacing on the A44 at Monkland, Leominster.

charliemjp:
hi DAVE and TREVOR , corrbetts do have drags 6 wheelers on A frame is the one that comes to us, with 8 wheel truck a3 axle trailer, they will have no problem with axle weight s. with the hay or straw over cab and extended trailor I bet there awkward in small farms , hope your both ok

hello dave and Charlie do either of you remember Roger Davies from Cressage he had ERFs and Drags on straw work , would see them on the llangurig Aberystwyth road . thank you Trevor

tastrucker:

charliemjp:
hi DAVE and TREVOR , corrbetts do have drags 6 wheelers on A frame is the one that comes to us, with 8 wheel truck a3 axle trailer, they will have no problem with axle weight s. with the hay or straw over cab and extended trailor I bet there awkward in small farms , hope your both ok

hello dave and Charlie do either of you remember Roger Davies from Cressage he had ERFs and Drags on straw work , would see them on the llangurig Aberystwyth road . thank you Trevor

Hi Trevor,
Yes I remember his wagons well. I was in the Spinal Injuries Unit at Gobowen in 1992 with one of his drivers, a chap named Trevor Owen who had unloaded near Aberystwyth and was gathering his ropes up, when a farmer dropped a big bale on top of him breaking his neck, luckily his spinal cord wasn’t severed and he walked out of hospital a couple of months later.
Cheers Dave.

A Mercedes car transporter,seen on the A44 at Monkland, Leominster.

One for Mr Bowen to identify, I cannot recognise where or when this pic was taken. :confused:

One of Cargill Meat live chicken artics, seen on the A44 at Barons Cross, Leominster.

Dave the Renegade:

tastrucker:

charliemjp:

Hi Trevor,
Yes I remember his wagons well. I was in the Spinal Injuries Unit at Gobowen in 1992 with one of his drivers, a chap named Trevor Owen who had unloaded near Aberystwyth and was gathering his ropes up, when a farmer dropped a big bale on top of him breaking his neck, luckily his spinal cord wasn’t severed and he walked out of hospital a couple of months later.
Cheers Dave.

Hello Dave he was a very lucky man to walk away from that ,. thank you Trevor

tastrucker:

Dave the Renegade:

tastrucker:

charliemjp:

Hi Trevor,
Cheers Dave.

Hello Dave he was a very lucky man to walk away from that ,. thank you Trevor

Well he didn’t exactly walk away Trevor,He was airlifted to Gobowen and was paralyzed, but regained the feeling over the following weeks.
I did see one of Roger Davies wagon & drags coming around the roundabout by Morrisons in Aberystwyth this afternoon.
Cheers Dave.

A few wagons, seen on the A44 in the middle of Leominster.