Welsh Border and Mid Wales Hauliers 1950's onwards

A Daf artic milk tanker,seen on the A438 near Willersley,Herefordshire.

F J Williams of Hay on Wye Volvo builders merchant lorry,seen on the A438 near Oakchurch Garden Centre,.Herefordshire.

Dave the Renegade:

Another view of Brian’s first two Volvo FL7’s.

hi dave i saw a Transconti on the A40 going towards pencraig south bound yesterday afternoon in nash rocks livery in looked awesome :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: cheers chris :slight_smile:

chris143:

Dave the Renegade:

hi dave i saw a Transconti on the A40 going towards pencraig south bound yesterday afternoon in nash rocks livery in looked awesome :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: cheers chris :slight_smile:

Hi Chris,
Nash Rocks haven’t had anything in their colours for about ten years or possibly more.All the lorries up here have been in Tarmac colours since Anglo American took the quarries over.Don’t know whose lorry you saw at Pencraig,can’t remember anyone running a Transconti up this way.
Cheers Dave.

Mystery motor to me, Dave – any idea who it belongs to?
Taken today outside Kington

fryske:
Mystery motor to me, Dave – any idea who it belongs to?
Taken today outside Kington

Don’t know either Steve.Looks like a Farmers hay & straw wagon to me with the front of the trailer.
Cheers Dave.

One of S J Holder’s artics,seen on the A438 near Hereford.

Pictured on here several times - Dave Morris in his working Leyland Constructor

A bit too shadowy for my liking but it’s always good to have pictures of this one

fryske:

A bit too shadowy for my liking but it’s always good to have pictures of this one

Is that in his home village Steve ?

Certainly is Dave - the buildings are a dead giveaway -

This shot was taken in a bit of a hurry - you know how busy the road is and I had just nearly been flattened by David Edwards in his Scania…

fryske:
Certainly is Dave - the buildings are a dead giveaway -

This shot was taken in a bit of a hurry - you know how busy the road is and I had just nearly been flattened by David Edwards in his Scania…

That village is badly in need of a bypass Steve,can’t see it ever happening.Eardisley is the same narrow with black and white houses with a lot of heavy stuff passing through.
Cheers Dave.

One of Mervyn Thomas Volvo FH artics followed by a Tarmac FH,seen on the A438 near Garnons Castle,Herefordshire.

Paul Griffiths at speed:

fryske:

I like to see photos of lorries in working condition, makes mine look normal :laughing:

Dave the Renegade:

chris143:

Dave the Renegade:

Hi Chris,
Nash Rocks haven’t had anything in their colours for about ten years or possibly more.All the lorries up here have been in Tarmac colours since Anglo American took the quarries over.Don’t know whose lorry you saw at Pencraig,can’t remember anyone running a Transconti up this way.
Cheers Dave.

hi dave it looked fresh from the shop to me maybe on way to hereford from tomorrows show?

Atkidave’s picture – (hope it’s ok to link to it?)

Untitled by atkidave, on Flickr

hiya,
Phew just caught “tippers” it was ready to fall of the front page and that would never do, where is everybody??, hey doesn’t the orange Transco look the bees.
thanks harry long retired.

harry_gill:
hiya,
Phew just caught “tippers” it was ready to fall of the front page and that would never do, where is everybody??, hey doesn’t the orange Transco look the bees.

It does look well Harry,but colour’s wrong for having dodgy nights out at home. :laughing:

Chris Webb:

harry_gill:
hiya,

It does look well Harry,but colour’s wrong for having dodgy nights out at home. :laughing:

hiya,
Yep your spot on Chris, you can’t beat a dollop of battleship grey for a fiddle motor “unlettered” preferably oh and my trade mark the road spray arch on the port and starboard sides, go on lad give it some wellie.

fryske:
Atkidave’s picture – (hope it’s ok to link to it?)

Untitled by atkidave, on Flickr

Shaun Layton from Kington owns the Transconti,his Dad Derek Layton was a Nash haulier.