Well Boss........

AndrewG:

Juddian:
you had to prove yourself at one time on some right old dogs before they’d trust you out with something decent.

^^^
This
At our place its 10 years proven experience before you even get a look in. Theres no old dogs on the fleet but its always the oldest truck for a new starter…

Same at mine. Started off with an eleven year old Scania, now onto a four year old one but with a brand spanker due in a month or so. Allegedly anyway.

Dozy “ Well boss you know I always wanted a long nose Scania T cab “

Boss “ er yes “

Dozy “ Well I’ve got one “

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I’m the shortest server at my place but I’ve proved my worth so I’m getting the new truck next month [emoji3] TBH, I’ve never really been all that bothered about new trucks. As long as they’re tidy and well looked after I’m happy enough. My current stead is 5 years old but been well looked after so drives better and has a cleaner interior than some year old motors I’ve driven in the past. One truck one driver is the key [emoji6]

nomiS36:
I’m the shortest server at my place but I’ve proved my worth so I’m getting the new truck next month [emoji3] TBH, I’ve never really been all that bothered about new trucks. As long as they’re tidy and well looked after I’m happy enough. My current stead is 5 years old but been well looked after so drives better and has a cleaner interior than some year old motors I’ve driven in the past. One truck one driver is the key [emoji6]

Yep [emoji6] I’ve been passed 3 months and have got a 11/2 year old Actros there’s older trucks in the fleet but regular driver broke he’s ankle and as I’ve been driving an Actros rigid for a year which has same cab etc I’ve got he’s truck for now or it would have been a 2013 IVECO [emoji45]

Well you did say put the parcels in the courier van.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Not everyones #1 choice of motor, but if your going to be in a crash you always stand a bloody good chance in a Scania. They are top drawer for safety.

rob22888:
Not everyones #1 choice of motor, but if your going to be in a crash you always stand a bloody good chance in a Scania. They are top drawer for safety.

I’m always amazed at how well thought out European trucks are with Safety. On the face, you’d think seated behind a window with no bonnet would not leave any room for a crumple zone.

It’s very deceptive. On the Scania the front bulkhead as actually quite far from the driver. It’s clever how lorries are designed to deflect moderate impact forces underneath the Cab. I understand most Cabs are designed to shear off as a complete unit now. Like a Safety pod. Impressive stuff. Although, only so much you can do with 30 tonnes of solid mass behind…

Juddian:
why do these operators just had the keys of prime vehicles over to just anyone now who can manage to find the entrance gate to the yard on their hind legs, you had to prove yourself at one time on some right old dogs before they’d trust you out with something decent.

Completely agree, I’m in a 7 year old DAF XF, almost 700k on the clock. It’s well used, has some battle scars and used to be the agency drivers truck. It also doesn’t have our livery on it.

I’m glad I’m in this and not a sparkly new one, the possibility of getting a newer truck once I earn my stripes is something to look forward to

I’ve had my current steed for almost 3 years, Renault T cab. Apart from a dent in the roof from a bird strike (huge she was) and some suspicious stains on the bed/ceiling/dash/windscreen my baby is as good as new.

Just been told I should have a new Merc flat floor jobby by the end of the year with all mod cons and ‘telematics’ which sounds like the worst 6th sense of all.
Anyway I’ve requested to keep my vehicle for another 2 years in the hope of getting a ‘meal for two with a hairy view’ registration, (69 plate).