Idiot Van Driver

I just had to post this. facebook.com/Idiotukdrivers … 810179796/

Very lucky not to be killed…

Could be getting a blue badge and PiP

C´mon! A glancing blow at best! FFS, this sort of thing was expected back in the day! If you didn´t come back with at least 3 new cuts or bruises you were a total ■■■■■. Even now, in this snowflakey age, you shouldn´t just lay down at the smallest little thing!!! Stand up and get on with yer job, you ■■■■■■■
Prima Donna.

:laughing: :laughing:

steviespain:
C´mon! A glancing blow at best! FFS, this sort of thing was expected back in the day! If you didn´t come back with at least 3 new cuts or bruises you were a total ■■■■■. Even now, in this snowflakey age, you shouldn´t just lay down at the smallest little thing!!! Stand up and get on with yer job, you [zb].
Prima Donna.

One of the lads at another depot had a cage fall on him at a store,killed him…
Upwards of 300kg falling on you from a height is plenty enough to kill you.

The daft thing is he’ll probably a claim in and get a pay out over something that was entirely his fault l.

toonsy:
The daft thing is he’ll probably a claim in and get a pay out over something that was entirely his fault l.

Unfortunately it is often cheaper for companies to settle without admitting liability than to fight the case and win, but not recover costs.

This is how we have got to the situation we are in now where people sue and “win” for anything

He lost all credibility the moment he appeared fro the cab wearing his hi viz, then again he may have left the truck un attended and someone opened the door, not strapping the cage is a big no no, it looked like he copped the tray in the face which was on top of the cage the black tray he batted away with his swede are used by the co op so are those type of roller cages.

It just goes to show how something could escalate he could have easily been in town and killed somebody, if it were me and he was ok to proceed I would have helped him stack the cage shove it on the lift and get him on his way and say nowt, the rear camera would have captured the lot, wouldn’t want the office to see that little episode in all its hilarity.

driving away slowly and stomping on the brakes would have sorted the problem to start with.
poor guy though,just a wee oops leading to a bigger one,though possibly some scrote tried to nick something if he was stopped at lights ect.

xichrisxi:

steviespain:
C´mon! A glancing blow at best! FFS, this sort of thing was expected back in the day! If you didn´t come back with at least 3 new cuts or bruises you were a total ■■■■■. Even now, in this snowflakey age, you shouldn´t just lay down at the smallest little thing!!! Stand up and get on with yer job, you [zb].
Prima Donna.

One of the lads at another depot had a cage fall on him at a store,killed him…
Upwards of 300kg falling on you from a height is plenty enough to kill you.

Many years ago (when I did the multi drop crap), agency lad was in for a few weeks as a drivers mate… they were at a hotel in Heathrow, few shortcuts later to save a few seconds here and there and he’s on the floor, bent in half…cage fell on him as he was bending down dropping the tail lift flaps…end result was paralysed from the neck down…22 or so years old, young family to support…as we see on here regular about drivers being crushed when hooking up etc etc, the simple rule is don’t cut corners

Could have been the fault of someone on the bay not closing or locking it properly yeah he should check after pulling away slightly but if it’s somewhere the loaders out the seals on most aren’t going to bother after a while

Although the attempt at shoving it back in makes me reluctant to give him too much benefit of the doubt.

First thing he should of done was to get the tail lift out not sure what exactly he was trying to achieve by pushing it from the ground.

Or, as I am very quickly learning (This week has been a NIGHTMARE for me)), an agency driver who has been handed the keys, a sheaf of delivery notes, and told to get on with it.
Cages, you ok with them?
Sure, they are…umm…cages with wheels?

Curtainside, you ok with that?
Umm…no, show me…
ok, basic, got it.

Tail Lift…seen one before?..
No, show me…
Press=up
Press=down
Drag out the flaps a bit…
Yeah, got it.

Ok, tail lift AND cages at same time, done it before?
No, show me…

He’s a very lucky boy indeed to still be alive after that

I’ve had a closed door come open while driving as the door lock was loose.
Thankfully I had a tail-lift that would of blocked anything from coming out and I secured everything in place to make sure nothing moved.
That door was acting as a load bearing door as their should been a bar/strap to stop that cage from moving.

The fact that it’s full with food stuff gives me the impression is he is leaving the depot to do deliveries so that’s how it got loaded. I know some places dont let you open the back until you get to the delivery-point but your allowed to inspect the back of the truck before you leave…
Its easily to fling blame at people though its entirely possible he just had a dodgy lock on his back door.

If your going to climb up something, make sure it doesn’t have wheels on the bottom [emoji23]

When I worked at United carriers, the roller shutter was opened at the first drop and closed after the last collection but we didn’t have cages and pallets to worry about, although I did lose a tractor back tyre in a ladies garden, the boss told me to buy her a bunch of flowers when I went back to collect it [emoji14]