Unwinding after driving

grumpyken52:
If you do long stints behind the wheel and concentrate on what you are doing it is going to take a while to "switch off ".
I am lucky that I live in a seaside town and learned that a brief stop at the beach on the way home cleared my mind .
Fresh air and the rhythm of the sea is very relaxing.
Or go for a brief walk , break the stress pattern .

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

I say old chap,is that Ryde pier you got there?if so then were neighbours.Live just near pier next to Michaelangelos restaurant.You must pop over for tea n stickies sometime :laughing:
Nice piccy,shame about that ■■■■ hovercraft racket though.

manalishi:

grumpyken52:
If you do long stints behind the wheel and concentrate on what you are doing it is going to take a while to "switch off ".
I am lucky that I live in a seaside town and learned that a brief stop at the beach on the way home cleared my mind .

I say old chap,is that Ryde pier you got there?if so then were neighbours.Live just near pier next to Michaelangelos restaurant.You must pop over for tea n stickies sometime [emoji38]

Actually it’s Deal Pier in Kent .
I used to go over to the Island fairly regularly to collect from GKN Aerospace next to the ferry port but have delivered or collected from several engineering companies at various points.
I even learned some of the parking spots !
Alas no more travels as I have health issues.
I used to enjoy my trips over and mainly used Red Funnel as they were part of the transport company that we were subcontractor for .

grumpyken52:

manalishi:

grumpyken52:

I say old chap,is that Ryde pier you got there?if so then were neighbours.Live just near pier next to Michaelangelos restaurant.You must pop over for tea n stickies sometime [emoji38]

Actually it’s Deal Pier in Kent .
I used to go over to the Island fairly regularly to collect from GKN Aerospace next to the ferry port but have delivered or collected from several engineering companies at various points.
I even learned some of the parking spots !
Alas no more travels as I have health issues.
I used to enjoy my trips over and mainly used Red Funnel as they were part of the transport company that we were subcontractor for .

Interesting…nothing much changes on the island,thank god,although the Barratts,Persimmon,Bellway concrete cancer is making its presence felt more and more I’m sad to say.And the council’s still infested with Freemasons on the take as ever.The Island certainly has many warm memories for massive numbers of folks in this realm,must be why the Crown sh@tehawks are doing a number on the place,I’ve heard the “Asylum seeker reception complex”, mentioned recently.

Grumpy and Maga - these are great tips, thanks. I’d never even considered a walk after work.

manalishi:

grumpyken52:

manalishi:

grumpyken52:

I’ve heard the “Asylum seeker reception complex”, mentioned recently.

That the one they are building between Chipping Norton and Stow on the Wold?
nope, thought not :smiling_imp:

BBC I player put Match of Day on and listen to Lineker and Co pontificating you will fall asleep in the chair,but you will also take the risk of having nightmares rather than a good night sleep

Lol, altho you do have a good point. I put something really interesting on or start listening to music and then don’t want to rip myself away.

when alone

i_maybe.gif

Harry Monk:
Just finished a hellish shift. I started at 0600 and I didn’t get finished until 1115. :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

i’m starting to worry about you H ,you carry on like that and you wont have the energy to go on your travels. :unamused: :laughing:

m.a.n rules:

Harry Monk:
Just finished a hellish shift. I started at 0600 and I didn’t get finished until 1115. :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

i’m starting to worry about you H ,you carry on like that and you wont have the energy to go on your travels. :unamused: :laughing:

Well, luckily I get paid for eight hours so I could pretend I was still at work until two o’clock. :wink:

good on ya mate.get it while you can. :sunglasses:

Buy a Harley
google.se/search?biw=1366&b … 7750511915 :sunglasses:

Relaxing whilst at work is really important.

Work at a steady pace, take your breaks properly!

Very rarely watch much tv, prefer to have a workout with dumbells or go for a run (weather permitting), building up serotonin levels gives the feel good factor…

wanderingstar:
Grumpy and Maga - these are great tips, thanks. I’d never even considered a walk after work.

A bike ride is good too if the weather is nice & the roads quiet. Nothing silly involving lycra and strava or whatever it is.

Best de-stress of all…walking a well-behaved dog.

AndrewG:
Very rarely watch much tv, prefer to have a workout with dumbells or go for a run (weather permitting), building up serotonin levels gives the feel good factor…

^^^^^^^^^
so does 14 tins of stella.
no worries about sleeping after that. . :slight_smile:

Thanks for the additional ideas. Building up serotonin is a good angle. Diesel I do drink a lot after my last shift but I’m going to put a stop to it as while it’s relaxing at the time I end up waking up early and feeling rubbish the next day. To each his own but for me it’s ended up making me more stressed in the long run.

Don’t get stressed about the length of sleep , the importance is the quality of the sleep .
Finding a preparation pattern that works for you can improve things .
It is very much like getting babies into a sleep pattern , the same rules apply to us , we are just big kids after all .

Hi Grumpy - What’s a preparation pattern?

mentally winding down once you get home,nothing stimulating or exciting,having a nice wee cup of ovaltine,a nice bath ,play with your ducks,into your jimjams,then up the sleepy stairs to meet the sandman after yer mam tucks you in and leaves the nightlight that plays lullabyes on for you . :slight_smile:
just get into a wind down pattern with whatever you find to relax you.
try those relaxing windy storm,rain,or all that guff on youtube,they last for hours as background noise,log fires,all that stuff.