Am I right? :S

Hi All,
On Thursday I worked 10 hours, I then had a reduced 9 hour rest and on Friday I worked 10 hours. I have had Saturday and Sunday off and will be having Monday off too. Have I given adequate compensation for the reduced rest period and can carry on from Tuesday as normal? Tia.
Atb,
Tommy.

You must compensate reduced weekly rest only.

littlejay:

BLINDING! I can do 3 9 hour rests a week with no compensation? Thanks mate. That is very helpful to know, ■■■■ these hours regs, I mean they make sense to have them, but they are somewhat confusing to me. Shouldn’t be a problem then as long as I keep to a minimum of 45 hrs rest a week, thanks.

Daily rest does not need compensating for

Max 3 reduced daily rests between any two weekly rests

ROG:
Daily rest does not need compensating for

Max 3 reduced daily rests between any two weekly rests

Cheers ROG, I am surprised I passed my theory sometimes! But I am picking it up slowly. It is handy having a forum like this to clarify matters!
Tommy.

TommyTanker:

littlejay:

BLINDING! I can do 3 9 hour rests a week with no compensation? Thanks mate. That is very helpful to know, ■■■■ these hours regs, I mean they make sense to have them, but they are somewhat confusing to me. Shouldn’t be a problem then as long as I keep to a minimum of 45 hrs rest a week, thanks.

Unsure why 3 9 hour rests are a good thing though, unless you were on European long distance work :open_mouth:

Jimmy McNulty:
Unsure why 3 9 hour rests are a good thing though, unless you were on European long distance work :open_mouth:

UK tramping and sleeping in the cab only needs 9 hours for most

Sleeping at home usually needs 11 hours rest

I wish the 11 hours when sleeping at home was at the sole discretion of the driver without the employer being legally able to plan for less

Jimmy McNulty:

TommyTanker:

littlejay:

Sorry mate, I don’t mean I want to do it, I mean it’s handy to know it.
Tommy.