Unique Truck Park? Solved by Knight2

Is this entry/exit obstruction unique? Can you identify the park from this?
The access to this parking has these steel lumps in the centre of the way. No chance of road cars, light vans, and caravans etc entering. Judging by the dark line of old fluid they do a bit of damage to the unwary! A low ride wagonndrag came in while I was there and clipped the bumps with his bar, a bit of air and he lifted the rear up enough to clear it. Low ride car transporters etc could be in trouble I`d guess, but there is some on street parking around.

Those blocks are a brilliant idea, they should put them in every service area/ truck park, soon make the car driving numbtsy read the signage better, might even keep the caravan dwellers out…

Wouldn’t be allowed in blighty, the elf’s wouldn’t like them.

I have never seen that before, I will wait for the answer and make a mental note of location…

That looks familiar ! It’s been over 20 years since I drove in Europe but I am sure I have seen them at a truck stop just on the Belgian, Holand border ?

Pat Hasler:
That looks familiar ! It’s been over 20 years since I drove in Europe but I am sure I have seen them at a truck stop just on the Belgian, Holand border ?

Not this time, Pat. Wrong country(s).

I`ve just been on Google and the Sat view and Street view both show these lumps OK. So, all anyone has to do is spend a few days trawling the www!

Well it can’t be a widespread idea to fit these obstructions,as there hasn’t been a load of other examples suggested.
Distinctive and no one entering here could miss seeing these so I’ll won’t put any clues up.

Sent from my GT-S7275R using Tapatalk

Time for a clue or two then?
Big parking, maybe a couple of hundred places? Restaurant, hotel and filling station there.

What country??

Geoffo:
What country??

If I gave you 3 guesses, would your first one be France? If so you wouldn’t need the other two.
I would post a pic from another angle, but thought this one would be easy, and only took the one.

Edit.
Guess it must be unique, we haven’t had loads of answers with similar entry barriers?

I passed this picture around the drivers on the boat Saturday and a general agreement was oh yes but nobody could say where in France …….so it proves we all drive with our eyes shut

It is an ex-Arcotel site… That’ll limit it.
So, anyone who’s bored enough to look at Google Earth piccies should get it now.

Another clue? It’s an hour away from here.
The buildings are typical of the region, and there aren’t too many 200 place parks around.

Sent from my SM-G361F using Tapatalk

Were you at the Langres truck park ? The buildings look quite Germanic .

German type buildings?
VERY much so.
Langres? No, sorry.

German type buildings in France usually means it’s some where near Strasbourg. That photo could easily be near the cathedral area, so that’s my guess. Having said that that looks like a Dutch gable on that house :unamused: :smiley:

knight2:
German type buildings in France usually means it’s some where near Strasbourg. That photo could easily be near the cathedral area, so that’s my guess. Having said that that looks like a Dutch gable on that house :unamused: :smiley:

That’ll be the winner then!
Well done.

The truck park is the old TIR Douane park near the Rhine port of Strasbourg. 200 parking places, AS24 and Total fuel, Maut machines, Scania garage, decent restaurant with basic hotel. And it seems little used by TNUK drivers.
Big Kronenbourg brasserie outside the city, and the Bugatti factory.
The town is actually Turckheim, although there are many similar looking towns in the Alsace wine region. All full of tourists at the moment.

The irritating thing is that I could remember the bumps (and being careful driving over them) but no blinking idea when it was or who i was with

I think it’s old age catching up with me. That, or the number of new places I have been to this year!

good_friend:
The irritating thing is that I could remember the bumps (and being careful driving over them) but no blinking idea when it was or who i was with

I think it’s old age catching up with me. That, or the number of new places I have been to this year!

So apart from the
Where When and Who you were correct?
If I was a sarcastic sort I might well comment…

[emoji4]
Is that a sufficiently “smug bar-steward” type emojie?

But, you’re right of course. 'Tis annoying when you suddenly see something that should have been clear before.

Franglais
I googled it after I read your post and I had no idea there were docks at Strasbourg, no reason why I should I suppose.We were there on a motorbike tour of Europe, well France, Italy and Switzerland. Should’ve included Germany but the weather was that bad we went back to France where it wasn’t raining so much :unamused: Oh the joys of biking :smiley: :smiley: It was a brilliant trip would love to do it again.