Trying to find a job without knowing English

raymundo:
Many years ago I was skipper of a cargo ship owned by a Dutchman and he noticed I had bought a linguafone course in learning Dutch, he said it were a waste of time because of the different regional accents and to sleep with a Dutch girl instead … well I did that but all I learned was that the the ‘oohs’ and the 'arrs are the same in any language … :slight_smile:

Did you give being multilingual a go, raymundo :grimacing:

albion:

Think it would be safe to say I did … :slight_smile:

raymundo:

albion:

Think it would be safe to say I did … :slight_smile:

God loves a tryer :wink:

A Dutch colleague told me that a guy from Breda and another from Groningen would speak English to make communication easier.
You can imagine what he thought of my flemish with a Barnsley accent.

David11:
Funny thing is you even see bus drivers in London not able to speak wich is a job that requires good English so that you can speak to your passengers but then again lorry drivers need to speak fluent English for the 2 minutes it will take them to handle the paperwork at a warehouse go figure :confused:

This very true.
The only 2 times I spoke to a London bus driver the first didn’t understand me, and the second…I did not have a CLUE what said. I think it was, indeed, English, but the accent was so ■■■■■■ up I had no chance.

the hardest part of this dudes issue is being in england,then he is going to have to find someone who speaks english properly to learn from.
they are becoming few and far between.

dieseldog999:
the hardest part of this dudes issue is being in england,then he is going to have to find someone who speaks english properly to learn from.

Not often I agree with you, doggy, but on this one? I definitely do.

steviespain:

dieseldog999:

Not often I agree with you, doggy, but on this one? I definitely do.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

i just annoyed myself again watching one of those series about how to get a council house where the biggest moan was that all the imports get priority.
a perfect examle was one taliban carwash vermin who arrived,onto jobseekers,cash in hand at the carwash,then told he wasnt priority for a house.
he promptly heads off back to romania or wherever,comes back with his bint and 5 brats and gets a more then decent 4 bedroom house in birmingham within a week with all the additional goodies to follow.
on the episode i watched,then not one single housing council official appeared to be british from behind the counters ( i.e. pink ) to inspectors and managers,they all looked more foreign than the imports on the other side of the glass with speech patterns to match.they basically looked like they were auditioning for another cocacola advert.
id think your man would need to be finding someone that speaks proper english to teach him a crash course for a few weeks then he will be as good as he needs to be considering the state of whats employed in the uk nowadays.

Here y’ar doggy, you’ll like this…
When I got back from Spain, about a year ago, I went to sign on.
Hackney Job Centre.
First interview with a very nice, smart, pleasant, lady…with an accent I could NOT understand.
After 5 minutes of not understanding anything she said I had to ask if there was someone else I could talk to.
Another young lady came and sat next to the first.
This second young lady proceeded to translate what the first lady was saying.
Translating English into English, FFS!

steviespain:
Hackney Job Centre.
First interview with a very nice, smart, pleasant, lady…with an accent I could NOT understand.
After 5 minutes of not understanding anything she said I had to ask if there was someone else I could talk to.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
beggars belief…nobody would believe you unless they had first hand experience or saw that tv series.
im glad i left the country to the isis type vermin that now swamp it.
il be well dead before it gets anything like mainland uk nowadays.
all you can do is stay 1 step ahead of the tsunami thats been flooding the uk for years now.
theres still plenty of nice areas in the uk,but they are becoming like an oasis in a desert.

dieseldog999:

steviespain:
Hackney Job Centre.

theres still plenty of nice areas in the uk,but they are becoming like an oasis in a desert.

And with prices to match, conveniently lacking the sprawl of social/free housing and vast warehouses stuffed full of chinese crap all built on previous agricultural land, the lacking of which raises the prices ever further, which leads to…you get the drift…often occupied by those who enabled and called for the mass immigration which is systematically destroying vast swathes of this country, some places now way beyond saving.

Juddian:

dieseldog999:

steviespain:
Hackney Job Centre.

And with prices to match, conveniently lacking the sprawl of social/free housing and vast warehouses stuffed full of chinese crap all built on previous agricultural land, the lacking of which raises the prices ever further, which leads to…you get the drift…often occupied by those who enabled and called for the mass immigration which is systematically destroying vast swathes of this country, some places now way beyond saving.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
+1
you would see the downhill spiral more obviously if you dont ive there and comeback regulary like i do where the influx is more obvious.
ranging from goverment heads down to councils and cops then the uk has completely lost control of its borders especially with the foxes making decisions for the chickens with the reverse racism that abounds now.