european work

Anyone know of any companys,(south west,but willing to travel)i could try for a job,doin germany,swiss,france? im 44yrs old,had my class 1 for 22 years,lowloader,fridge,curtainsiders,lhd experience,ADR in packages,been doing european on and off since i started,wouldnt mind getting on for a German company doin D-GB-D,only companys that run legal,and decent kit,and a fair wage.

Try CFS they do mainly Germany, or Birds…I don’t know if they are looking for drivers though

cheers mate,tried both of them awhile ago,might be worth another call though :slight_smile:

If ‘a while back’ means more than a month, I’d definitely try them again.
I don’t know anything about job availability, but ‘work’ availability is VERY fluid at the moment.
Keep going back to companies who are offering the type of work you feel will interest you.
Things SEEM to be picking up, very slowly, a tiny bit here, a tiny bit there. But if you’re the one on the phone when they need a driver for a load that needs to go asap, you could easily be the one asked if you can start now.

Youre right mate,should give them another call,but getting abit fed up with how ■■■■■ it is out there at moment,just have to keep trying.wouldnt mind getting on for a spanish company if anyone knew of any spanish companys that take on english■■?

The Spanish are hardly even taking Spanish on now, and unless you are very good at speaking Spanish they would most likely not be interested.
They are worse hit by the recession than the UK

garybow41:
Youre right mate,should give them another call,but getting abit fed up with how [zb] it is out there at moment,just have to keep trying.wouldnt mind getting on for a spanish company if anyone knew of any spanish companys that take on english■■?

the spanish aren’t taking on as the crisis has hit hard but even if they were you would need to speak the lingo and live here as they prefer the truck back for its break rather than away.
we are struggling at the moment because of the influx of Romanians and Bulgarians who will work for 1200euros a month :imp:
on a plus note though keep trying those who do germany as i do germany from spain and its busy

Looks like Spains no good for me then,wouldnt mind living in spain, so no outbasing of the truck,but dont speak the lingo! lucks got to change soon,as the saying goes,“if i didnt have bad luck,i wouldnt have any luck”.Fed up of the uk and working for idiots,just have to keep on looking! :frowning:

Have a look in here roadtransport.com/jobs.
Dunno if there’s anything there of interest, but you never know :slight_smile: .

Faulkners swiss job is advertised and seams to keep coming up maybe for good reason or bad who knows .

I tried to call him,no answer,so texted and no answer??

i wouldnt worry i no someone who called and the lady who answerd the phone was the most ignorant and put phone down so am told .

Maybe thats the reason there looking for drivers ignorant bit or respect goes a long way.

Faulkners were always on job centre plus last year,looking for Swiss work drivers every couple of weeks,sounded a bit odd,going through a lot of drivers that may have voted with their feet. :confused: