Trucker Jay and his class one

Believe it or not, I actually have some respect for Trucker Jay. Yes he’s not the most accomplished driver…but he doesn’t claim to be.

He’s a newly passed Class 1, so he isn’t perfect. His vlogs are quite entertaining…and I do admire him for having the balls to upload
them …warts and all! He doesn’t edit out his mistakes…and he presumably knows that he will take some flak…but hey…it doesn’t bother him!

From Jays comments regarding his trailer swap he didn’t realise he’d done anything wrong until it was pointed out to him on his YouTube channel,wonder how many times between making that video and uploading it he did trailer swaps the same way?!
He should concentrate solely on getting to grips with driving a class one and maybe giving his filming a break whilst he does so.

Fair play for leaving the balls up with the trailer in the video. It’s a valuable lesson for new and wannabe drivers.

Maybe if Jay was really cunning he did it on purpose, he knows how to generate views.

norm:
Maybe if Jay was really cunning he did it on purpose, he knows how to generate views.

I thought that. Even bad news can be good news. :smiley:

norm:

Spot on :laughing:
I think most people with more than a few spots of grey matter knows this :wink: .

Are you lot suggesting this by any chance?.. :grimacing:

we-re-gonna-need-a-bigger-boat.jpg

eagerbeaver:

Is it me but I cant see any possible connection relevent to the post ■■?

Now jay has progressed from van to proper lorry…he’ll probably improve his all round technique.
Fair play for the warts and all vlog…he’s not a bad lad.

raymundo:

eagerbeaver:

For all the new visitors/subscribers perhaps? Its been the hot topic on trucknet for most of the afternoon. That’s sure to have seen a blizzard of new traffic for his vlog. I bet he’s thrilled. :grimacing:

raymundo:

eagerbeaver:

The suggestion offered is that Trucker Jay has included the trailer ■■■■ up deliberately in order to stoke up some debate.
Which then means people will click away on his vids, thus increasing ego and income.

(It’s what I would do :laughing: ) Hence the picture.

Scribe:

raymundo:

eagerbeaver:

For all the new visitors/subscribers perhaps? Its been the hot topic on trucknet for most of the afternoon. That’s sure to have seen a blizzard of new traffic for his vlog. I bet he’s thrilled. :grimacing:

+1.

I feel very, very sorry for Jay…poor sods got to drive a Actros. Spending a day in one of them bound to make you tired and forgetful.

He needs to concentrate more on what he’s doing. Not focus on YouTube with a silly camera strapped to his head. Before he hurts himself or someone else.
Least will have good footage when he does.
I only see it ending badly as proberly most of the viewers do.
Anybody know maxi haulage policy on social media?

Jack-knife:
He needs to concentrate more on what he’s doing. Not focus on YouTube with a silly camera strapped to his head. Before he hurts himself or someone else.
Least will have good footage when he does.
I only see it ending badly as proberly most of the viewers do.
Anybody know maxi haulage policy on social media?

You’d have to be a proper jobsworth prick to try and get someone the sack on the internet.
I
Then my philosophy is if it doesn’t affect me its not my problem. I’ve seen people try and get people the sack for petty reasons at work and I can’t understand it. If you have a problem with someone you let them know or stop having dealings with them. Sacking can hurt them and their family which is messed up.

Jack-knife:
Least will have good footage when he does. I only see it ending badly as proberly most of the viewers do. Anybody know maxi haulage policy on social media?

What you going to do? Complain to Maxi Haulage because you didn’t like the lads video? Have a word with yourself. :open_mouth:

Sounds like you wish him ill will mate? And then some…

Bit harsh if you ask me. He’s just a young lad working his apprenticeship, enjoying his job and he wants to tell the world about it. I can remember how that felt. My mates hated it when I started driving. We didn’t have social media then so they got to enjoy it first hand. :smiley:

Yes he dropped a clanger. But he dodged a bullet and no one got hurt.

Yours is the sort of attitude which keeps a lot of people from taking an active part in TruckNet, I’m sad to say.

Was a time not long ago when netiquette decreed if you had nothing positive to add to a topic, you didn’t add anything.

Evolution I guess.

I don’t see what he did wrong honestly. Doesn’t a merc lock the trailer brakes as well, when the handbrake is on? Certainly wouldn’t try it with a Volvo and would myself prefer to have either the legs down or airlines off before pulling the pin but other than that, what’s the big fuss about…

milodon:
I don’t see what he did wrong honestly. Doesn’t a merc lock the trailer brakes as well, when the handbrake is on? Certainly wouldn’t try it with a Volvo and would myself prefer to have either the legs down or airlines off before pulling the pin but other than that, what’s the big fuss about…

You are of course correct mate, and 999 times out of a 1000 you’d get away with it, but as sure as eggs is eggs there WILL come that one time…

I told the same to a mate of mine who’s been driving for ten years or so after I watched him pull the pin first. I told him that one day it will bite him in the arse and the best possible outcome would be an hour filling forms in, the worst doesn’t bear thinking about.

Casper68:
Never watch his videos but watched the one here. In the comments its pointed out to him and he does at least hold his hands up to it.
Every day is a learning day.

There won’t be no learning when you crush yourself.

Read some of the comments on here but going bed so I’ll read the rest later. Well yes I did major mess up, however I’d like to explain how it happened. And also Not I’m stopping doing videos for at least 6 months with exception to promotional, ones already uploaded but not published and one more video to point out how I messed up and point out how dangerous it could have been.

It was news to me when I saw comments on the YouTube channel I genuinely. Didn’t know I had messed up. I passed my test a year ago then didn’t use it til recently I was taught BLANK break legs air number plate king pin. I genuinely got it mixed up also I thought when the handbreak was on the trailer breaks were on. Nobody explained to me that it’s not the case. So I thought the trailer wouldn’t go anywhere. When your instructor lets you practise while he’s on the phone probably didn’t help. Hold my hands up ■■■■■■ up but certainly won’t do that ever again.

So I’ll make another video to show how I messed up and that it was pointed out to me by people on YouTube. Then I’ll not be doing videos.

jaylea:
Read some of the comments on here but going bed so I’ll read the rest later. Well yes I did major mess up, however I’d like to explain how it happened. And also Not I’m stopping doing videos for at least 6 months with exception to promotional, ones already uploaded but not published and one more video to point out how I messed up and point out how dangerous it could have been.

It was news to me when I saw comments on the YouTube channel I genuinely. Didn’t know I had messed up. I passed my test a year ago then didn’t use it til recently I was taught BLANK break legs air number plate king pin. I genuinely got it mixed up also I thought when the handbreak was on the trailer breaks were on. Nobody explained to me that it’s not the case. So I thought the trailer wouldn’t go anywhere. When your instructor lets you practise while he’s on the phone probably didn’t help. Hold my hands up [zb] up but certainly won’t do that ever again.

So I’ll make another video to show how I messed up and that it was pointed out to me by people on YouTube. Then I’ll not be doing videos.

I’ll give you 10/10 for holding your hands up mate and another 10/10 for giving up the videos!