Trampers of TruckNet: What would you consider to be

TheYoungTrucker:

dieseldog999:

Harry Monk:

TheYoungTrucker:
Indeed your right to say the moneys with the smaller hauliers, however to say anyone who’s on 750 a week is talking pony or driving every last minute they have is wrong, I know many doing 12 hour days an bringing home 700 a week, the jobs are there you just have to look.

You’d need to be on £16.25 an hour to take home £700 for working 60 hours on PAYE and I doubt that many drivers earn that.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
well the chosen few on here can earn that easily.
usually its the newbies,or the ex whatever phd brigade ,the previous poster being a perfect example of the utter pish that gets spouted on here… :slight_smile:

The chosen few as you refer to, have enough brains to realise that tramping up and down the 75, for manfreight and any other n irish fridge firm, ain’t goin to get you the sort of money in question for the hours mentioned. Iv been there and done it, my paycheck means more to me than a v8 badge stuck to the grill, and strutting around the p&o like a peacock at stupid o clock in the morning talking pony.

Took a while for the old “V8 means you get paid less” to come out this time.

Big V8 and a big paycheck every single week, thanking you.

Editted to add: and it has shiny wheels, shiny tanks, a million lights, fancy curtains and it passes everything. Winning.

TheYoungTrucker:
Indeed your right to say the moneys with the smaller hauliers, however to say anyone who’s on 750 a week is talking pony or driving every last minute they have is wrong, I know many doing 12 hour days an bringing home 700 a week, the jobs are there you just have to look.

Place I’m at with over 100 drivers are on a bit more than that money for under 12hrs a day.

Disagree with the money being with the small hauliers. The ones around here pay a joke for a wage, many not even touching £10/hr. The money isn’t with the smaller hauliers, the real money and decent conditions is with companies which have nothing to do with transport but run their own motors delivering their own products.

TheUncaringCowboy:

Editted to add: and it has shiny wheels, shiny tanks, a million lights, fancy curtains and it passes everything. Winning.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
+1
sums it up nicely there my good man.thats one of the main reasons i wouldnt work for sloweys mob.( the other main reason would be that he is a detestable slug of a humanoid and a complete annoyance.
big truck,big money,hooked up and work to suit your whims and not the tacho works well enough for some…oh,and passing everything also has its plus points.
£11-50 per hour on a poverty spec night trunk just wouldnt cut the mustard there old chap. even if you can add that up to over 700 per week… :slight_smile:

truckyboy:
I also figure an international night out to be more than a uk night out…vino + a baguette with camembert.is more expensive in europe :smiley:

Really?
Routiers menu about 13 to 14 euros: self service starters, choice of freshly cooked main course, cheeses, dessert, and coffee, with water, bread and a little wine all included.
Maybe you could buy a happy meal for less, but it wouldnt put a smile on my face. Like for like, itd be difficult to feed yourself at those prices.

Under the convention collective routiers I get a night out with meal and breakfast at 66.39 euros.

TheUncaringCowboy:

Just to add iv been there had the v8, and no it does not mean your on a tuppance of a wage, plenty of men driving v8s making good money, but i would be happy to bet my last penny that alot of the so called tangs pulling irish fridges are on less than miniumum wage, with the hours and the overtime that they do. As has been said driving a truck for a company moving there own goods tends to pay well, i took home after expenses and tax for 8 hours work on friday £140. The non believers, thats fine, but theres good money out there, and theres many getting it.

Some inspiring stuff and I’m glad to see a lot of you are doing well for yourselves. Gives me hope that there are better jobs out there and now I’ve got some experience I need to keep looking around for a good gig myself. I do think it’s quiet at the minute, maybe the time of year?

TheYoungTrucker:
i took home after expenses and tax for 8 hours work on friday £140. The non believers, thats fine, but theres good money out there, and theres many getting it.

What did Thursday pay? :wink:

mrginge:

TheYoungTrucker:
i took home after expenses and tax for 8 hours work on friday £140. The non believers, thats fine, but theres good money out there, and theres many getting it.

Payed the same day rate everyday.

TheYoungTrucker:

mrginge:

TheYoungTrucker:

Payed the same day rate everyday.

Fair play to you mate, that makes your salary approx £900 per week. Like you say, there are well paying jobs out there.