Tramp wages

I know there’s a lot on here about money, but what do you all think to spending 4 nights out, 55-60 per week and take home about £560/80?
Would appreciate anybody’s opinion on this

Depends on area you live in more than anything.

Giles1967:
I know there’s a lot on here about money, but what do you all think to spending 4 nights out, 55-60 per week and take home about £560/80?

In a word buttons if it includes night out money

It’s not near…

Enough to convince me to take my toothbrush, teddy bear and pyjamas to work with me again.

I can earn close to that and get home every night.

■■■■■

Giles1967:

I think you would have to decide if that’s enough for you, it’s your life.

Plenty will tell you that they wouldn’t get out of bed for that and its ■■■■ and peanuts. There are plenty of others doing more hours, 5 nights out and a saturday run in for less than that.

What I would say is 580 take home would work out in the region of £40k a year, before tax (or 35k if you knock night out money off).

What does it matter what others think? If you can manage on that and like the job, that’s enough. On here you will always get the £1000 a week boys and a top of the range scania or i’m not getting out of bed dreamers.

Really appreciate the comments lads, been back in the saddle for a year after 15 years out what is a decent wage for a uk 4 night tramper in your your eyes ?
Cheers guys

Again its area dependent. You’ll not get as much in say the North East compared to South Mids for example.

For the hours you say I’d get around £675 all in.

Jimmy McNulty:

Giles1967:

I think you would have to decide if that’s enough for you, it’s your life.

Plenty will tell you that they wouldn’t get out of bed for that and its [zb] and peanuts. There are plenty of others doing more hours, 5 nights out and a saturday run in for less than that.

What I would say is 580 take home would work out in the region of £40k a year, before tax (or 35k if you knock night out money off).

^^^^^^^^
thats the sensible answer right there.
its not the worst,nor the best,and forget what you hear about mega earnings elsewhere.
if your happy with the truck and the work,then crack on till something else opens up on your doorstep.

Separate earnings from subsistence money, unless you live like a hermit you’ll spend most or all of your subs anyway.

Divide the actual top line by the number of hours it takes to earn it, gives a mean average hourly rate, that’s the only way to compare money.

Factor in the area you live, the cost of your commute, and any premium hours worked, ie if you’re starting at 2am and working a sat or sun it wants to pay more than a 6am start mon to fri job.

If the jobs enjoyable that’s half the battle, if you can get good pay and enjoy the job that’s a win.

toonsy:
Again its area dependent. You’ll not get as much in say the North East compared to South Mids for example.

For the hours you say I’d get around £675 all in.

First reply ever you are spot on you do what you do for your family and own situation just try and get as much as you can

It shows how much the job has gone to rat ■■■ when most of us were earning this type of money for this type of work 10 or 20 years ago.

Harry Monk:
It shows how much the job has gone to rat ■■■ when most of us were earning this type of money for this type of work 10 or 20 years ago.

Harry have a look at a Teachers, police mans, nurses salary now and 10 years ago. It isn’t just Transport.

Plenty tramper work do tramping not for extra money but for enjoy.They don t havebig hobby,private live,don t like see planners,bosses or go to fish@chips.But like just drive and sleep in one truck