Tour trucks photos?

pidpod:
Sunrise over Venice.
Loading onto the boats at the Borceli dock for a corporate gig in town.

You wouldn’t want to be paying the bill for them boats in Venice! Is it just the load going on or the whole truck?

A few years ago now but close on £4000 for the privelage to move the truck to the Molino Stucky Hilton.

We did not take the trucks and trailers this time because the venue was down a side canal.
A three trailers were transhipped onto barges.

IMG_2502.JPG

Mark Castertons new steed

Off on a corporate tour, London-Paris-Cologne & Amsterdam

My truck parked up on the 2016 Celtic Woman Destiny tour North America.
Taken at venue in Bakersfield California.

Had the good fortune to see Springsteen last week in Manchester.

I noticed the trucks were a real mixed bag: EST, Stardes, Redburns, plus a few “unmarked” ones. Is this usual, or is it just that so many big tours are out in Europe this summer? There was a mix of coach firms too. I also know the Springsteen tour was a late idea, so does that influence it?

On the way home I went past the Bridgewater Hall to see a Stardes and a FBN parked up. Perhaps it is more common than I thought?

As a final question. With so many shows at the Etihad in the next few weeks, will that stage stay in or is Bruce’s stage and now being built in Glasgow?

i believe the Stardes is the merchandise truck, the rest are split as its so busy, there are also at least 4 subbies on there along with the EST/Redburn trucks. as for the stage i would hazard a guess there are several stages all leap frogging each other

i toured Springsteen before & it is normal for the trucking to be split half n half between Redburns & EST! It’s a loyalty thing with springsteen as they are the two trucking companies used over his career. strange though having 2 lead drivers on a job!

euromat:
i believe the Stardes is the merchandise truck, the rest are split as its so busy, there are also at least 4 subbies on there along with the EST/Redburn trucks. as for the stage i would hazard a guess there are several stages all leap frogging each other

looks like Mr Bailey parked up in the piccie Mat in amongst the Redburn lads

saw a few of peter smit flat beds heading up north on m6 few weeks back before bruce springsteens glasgow gigs and then heading sound from scotland when i went up.u2 did the same a few years back they had 3 stages one in use one on road and one been set up at any time.when tour was finished all 3 where given to to citys to be used permantly for other gigs.whether this happened i dont know as i heard and read about it on radio and in magzines.
iron maiden have take the touring job into their own hads no by having a 747 that they can use to get all their own gear on and crew plus the band.the palne is due to land at east midlands sometime today for the closing set tomorrow night.the plane has been painted in the book of souls logo for thsi tour and bruce has taken all the training so he can fly it on the tour

Was this an EST wagon or just a coincidence ?

004 by Niall Daniels, on Flickr
Caught this guy in Dublin last week.Got chatting to him,some serious locations before he got to the epicentre of worldwide rain!

thunder367:
saw a few of peter smit flat beds heading up north on m6 few weeks back before bruce springsteens glasgow gigs and then heading sound from scotland when i went up.u2 did the same a few years back they had 3 stages one in use one on road and one been set up at any time.when tour was finished all 3 where given to to citys to be used permantly for other gigs.whether this happened i dont know as i heard and read about it on radio and in magzines.
iron maiden have take the touring job into their own hads no by having a 747 that they can use to get all their own gear on and crew plus the band.the palne is due to land at east midlands sometime today for the closing set tomorrow night.the plane has been painted in the book of souls logo for thsi tour and bruce has taken all the training so he can fly it on the tour

Proms in the park

Our new 18 ton lowride

Tidy! I like the wheels!

Cheers Carl! Too many trucks nowadays with boring silver wheels as are most of ours so we had them done Dutch style, now starting on some of the trailers ourselves to get the black look!

Can anyone tell me the name that used to be on the mbat trucks please

fozzie:
Can anyone tell me the name that used to be on the mbat trucks please

Do you mean the red & white MTAB trucks fozzie?
If you do then they were owned by Micky Bollhem

IMG_0143.JPG

IMG_0207.JPG
New member to the fleet. Ex Stardes 460